CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:30 PM   #1352

I second that. Thanks.
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 10:39 PM   #1353

jim5554 wrote:
Quote:
I second that. Thanks.
Agreed.. this is the thread people are first to find when googling information. While i'm not contrary to the idea of ending the madness of 68pages and starting fresh, it would be nice in that event to link it to a new one.

Anyhow I took the time to make some progress on my combo slim jewel and cardboard tray. I'm awaiting for the glue to dry. The last thing I want is woodglue to spew into my printer, I already had to replace my mp760. I would have liked to have used plastic from a DVD case but all the ones I have are inadquate for the task. Perhaps a future experiment will incorperate model glue rather than epoxy and woodglue.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:26 PM   #1354

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
jim5554 wrote:
Quote:
I second that. Thanks.
Agreed.. this is the thread people are first to find when googling information. While i'm not contrary to the idea of ending the madness of 68pages and starting fresh, it would be nice in that event to link it to a new one.

Anyhow I took the time to make some progress on my combo slim jewel and cardboard tray. I'm awaiting for the glue to dry. The last thing I want is woodglue to spew into my printer, I already had to replace my mp760. I would have liked to have used plastic from a DVD case but all the ones I have are inadquate for the task. Perhaps a future experiment will incorperate model glue rather than epoxy and woodglue.

What happened to the MP760 to need replacing?

And I have been playing with the epson CD printing software for the R200.

I can get it to work but just barely. I am at the limit of adjustment one direction but it is centered for me.

Printer settings:

Main Page: select Printable Disc (recommended), Disc Tray, Preview before printing (to see rough circle alignment)

Page Setup: select custom paper size and set to 8.1 x 10 inch, Landscape

Click apply, when it ask to change paper size to CD-R tray B, click on cancel.

Click on OK

Epson CD Print alignment set height to 27mm, width 20mm

These setting center it exactly for me.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2005, 11:59 PM   #1355

CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:

What happened to the MP760 to need replacing?
My mp760 decided to give up the goat, buy the bucket, and kick the farm. It wasn't as bad as all that but for some reason it complained about a rear cover paper jam. Which is odd as if I removed the rear cover and fed in paper manualy and turned it on, it would feed normaly with no obstruction, but would then complain about a jam. Clearly one of the sensors got stuck. Canon might next day printheads but they only second day printers, which given the current cost of fuel I don't blame them.
Old Sep 28, 2005, 12:09 AM   #1356

Does anyone know if the new Multipurpose Canon's can be modded as of yet? I work at an electronics store and we just got the MP450 and the MP500 in and the print quality of the 500 is great for a multi purpose. They both have the slots for a cd tray but I don't know if it would be possible to enable the cd feature like the other models. If anyone wants to give me any tips or instructions to find out I will try it.
broskoloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 1:04 AM   #1357

broskoloke wrote:
Quote:
Does anyone know if the new Multipurpose Canon's can be modded as of yet? I work at an electronics store and we just got the MP450 and the MP500 in and the print quality of the 500 is great for a multi purpose. They both have the slots for a cd tray but I don't know if it would be possible to enable the cd feature like the other models. If anyone wants to give me any tips or instructions to find out I will try it.
Just when I update my index someone has to give me new information. I was unaware that the mp450/500 had a CD door.

Pick a faq:

http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/index.html
Five easy steps

Both these faqs list instructions for the mp750/760/780. That would be a start. Pressing the menu, then scan, then copy, then scan buttons in this order takes you into service mode on these models. Whether or not these models use the same keypresses to get into service mode is not known at this point. We need people like your self who have access to these devices to test.

Edit:

Here is an image of the slim jewel and cardboard tray that will be tested tomorrow.

Attached Images

Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:12 AM   #1358

ROLLER ASSEMBLY PHOTO TUTORIAL

First I want to say thanks to all for the useful information in this forum.

There have been a few references on HOW TO correctly install the ROLLER ASSEMBLY. I have created a pictorial set of instructions that should help. They can be viewed at the following link:

http://www.geocities.com/annoc/indexrollerrev.html

TUTORIAL CAN ALSO BE VIEWED AT: http://pixma.webpal.info/

see itme 5.

NOTE: If someone would like to post these photos in a more permanent location or somehow better incorporate them into this forum feel free to PM me and I will send you the files. (I'm not too good at that sort of stuff, regards annoc)

annoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 4:30 AM   #1359

annoc wrote:
Quote:

There have been a few references on HOW TO correctly install the ROLLER ASSEMBLY. I have created a pictorial set of instructions that should help. They can be viewed at the following link:

NOTE: If someone would like to post these photos in a more permanent location or somehow better incorporate them into this forum feel free to PM me and I will send you the files. (I'm not too good at that sort of stuff, regards annoc)

I'd like to add them to my site should definitly help people out.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:37 AM   #1360

annoc wrote:
Quote:

TUTORIAL CAN ALSO BE VIEWED AT: http://pixma.webpal.info/

see itme 5.

YAY! Someone else wrote it up!