Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 30, 2005, 6:45 AM   #1371

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Hey everybody...got a quick question..wht types of ink is everyone usin for their ip4000 dvd printing and how do they look? nevr tried generic ink myself and not sure if i want to...

anyone?

The best non canon ink I have used is:

http://www.swiftink.com/index.asp?Pa...000&Page=1
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:27 AM   #1372

anyun bought the super cheap ink from ebay?
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 9:57 AM   #1373

Thanks for posting the same question I was going to post.

I have not ordered yet, but am getting ready to as my megenta is giving me a warning now.

I was looking to purchase from here.

EDIT: I hope the missing link will be here this time.

EDIT 2: OK, here goes again, The link shows up when I preview, but when I post, the link disappears. Will try leaving off the http

The link.

www.inkjetcartridge.com/bci3bci6.html

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Hey everybody...got a quick question..wht types of ink is everyone usin for their ip4000 dvd printing and how do they look? nevr tried generic ink myself and not sure if i want to...

anyone?
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 12:08 PM   #1374
Administrator

gwheaton wrote:
Quote:

I have not ordered yet, but am getting ready to as my megenta is giving me a warning now.

If you mean "here" as from a forum member, we don't allow wanted posts trying to buy productsfrom otherforum members (as we don't allow for sale posts by members selling products).

I've leave this post for emphasis.

Wanted, For Sale or Commercial Type Advertising Posts are not allowed in the forums.

If you run your mouse cursor over the "Discussion Forums" Menu choice on the main page at http://www.steves-digicams.com, you'll see this rule (and it's also in the confirmation e-mail you get when you join the forums).

This is not a new rule. We've always had it.

It's OK to ask where you can find something. But, I had better not catch anyone pushing their own products in the forums, or using the Private Message system for that purpose (as apparently has been happening here in the past).

If I do, they'll most likely be banned (along with blocking any IP Addresses they've posted from, to prevent them from accessing the forums). I may also report them to their ISP for spamming our forums (and I've been known to contact manufacturers and distributors represented byforum members doing this, too).

If you want to conduct business, take it elsewhere.

P.S.

I can understand the effort that's gone into trying to get these printers working, and I appreciate the help some of you guys that happen to be selling products provide here.

But, it's not fair to those that we enforce this rule with to allow it to go on in this forum by "playing favourites". So, please don't try to sell your own products to members here in the forums.

Thanks.

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 2:05 PM   #1375

Nope, Did not mean from the Forum, I pasted a link in to my message, but I see it is not there.

I will try to edit the last post and get the link to show up.

Update:

OK, I did get the above post to accept the link. Just had to leave off the http and let the "Forum" add it.

Also, I would like to say THANKS to everyone that has posted to this thread. I have learned so much here. This being my first Canon printer. I could not be happier.

Also THANKS to Wepon and Coolio for getting me Trays and Rollers.

I know you guys did not really make anything selling them to us here and wish the Admins would realize that and let you keep helping members get trays and rollers.

Thanks again Guys.

JimC wrote:
Quote:
gwheaton wrote:
Quote:

If you mean "here" as from a forum member, we don't allow wanted posts trying to buy productsfrom otherforum members (as we don't allow for sale posts by members selling products).

I've leave this post for emphasis.

Wanted, For Sale or Commercial Type Advertising Posts are not allowed in the forums.

If you run your mouse cursor over the "Discussion Forums" Menu choice on the main page at http://www.steves-digicams.com, you'll see this rule (and it's also in the confirmation e-mail you get when you join the forums).

This is not a new rule. We've always had it.

It's OK to ask where you can find something. But, I had better not catch anyone pushing their own products in the forums, or using the Private Message system for that purpose (as apparently has been happening here in the past).

If I do, they'll most likely be banned (along with blocking any IP Addresses they've posted from, to prevent them from accessing the forums). I may also report them to their ISP for spamming our forums (and I've been known to contact manufacturers and distributors represented byforum members doing this, too).

If you want to conduct business, take it elsewhere.

P.S.

I can understand the effort that's gone into trying to get these printers working, and I appreciate the help some of you guys that happen to be selling products provide here.

But, it's not fair to those that we enforce this rule with to allow it to go on in this forum by "playing favourites". So, please don't try to sell your own products to members here in the forums.

Thanks.

Jim C.

gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:14 PM   #1376

coolio wrote:
Quote:

anyone?
There was a thread on this subject with spiffy info

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40

I have a limited number of links to bulk ink suppliers on page 10 of my faq
http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/10.html I'm in the process of revamping the information but i'm only on page 3 out of 11.

I have experence with MIS... I have been pleased. phaedra1106 reccomended inkjetgoodies "Media Street Plug-n-Play" inks which look identical to MIS and "Image Specalists" leading people to believe it's all the same thing. An alternative in ink is Formulabs

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 3:24 PM   #1377
Administrator

gwheaton wrote:
Quote:
Nope, Did not mean from the Forum, I pasted a link in to my message, but I see it is not there.
I didn't seea link (it wasn't there when I sawyour post),and when you said "here", I misunderstood you. My apologies.

Quote:
I know you guys did not really make anything selling them to us here and wish the Admins would realize that and let you keep helping members get trays and rollers.

We don't mind them helping you find rollers and trays.

Otherwise, I would have left this thread closed whenwe foundthe problem with users selling them.

This is a rather unique problem. But,it looks like we've got a mini cottage industry going on here (the flea market of printer parts).;-)

Use a venuedesigned to buy and sell stuff (does Ebay ring any bells). ;-)

As much as I'd like to, I can't "play favourites" by ignoring the rules.

So, I'll repeat this yet again:

I can appreciate the effort many of you have put into the issues regarding printers. But, it's not fair to forum members we've enforced this rule with to allow the for sale posts to stay.

It's far too hard to police "for sale" typeposts (since we'd have scammers posting, commercial entities posing as individuals, etc.) So, we don't allow any Wanted or For Sale type posts here. Period.

Jim C.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 5:50 PM   #1378

JimC wrote:
Quote:
This is a rather unique problem. But,it looks like we've got a mini cottage industry going on here (the flea market of printer parts).;-)

Use a venuedesigned to buy and sell stuff (does Ebay ring any bells). ;-)
On this issue I can agree. I have to admit it was somewhat annoying to see updates on this thread regarding sales where I primarly was reading for part numbers, modifications, how to related stuff. It's pretty much a moot point as most users who had product were using e-bay anyway with the exception of a few, and e-bay is a perfectly dandy place for hard to find obscure parts.

Old Sep 30, 2005, 6:29 PM   #1379

Ok, so it seems like most people use non oem ink...has anyone evr bought ink of ebay...i mean it must be tgtbt becuz u can get 14 inks....5 blk and 3m, 3 c, 3y, for 9.99 US....this stuff must be crap?
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 6:55 PM   #1380

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Ok, so it seems like most people use non oem ink...has anyone evr bought ink of ebay...i mean it must be tgtbt becuz u can get 14 inks....5 blk and 3m, 3 c, 3y, for 9.99 US....this stuff must be crap?
I don't know if it's carp or not. That's 125ml of black and about 120ml of color ink in 40ml incraments for $10.00. A similar supply would cost me about $8.00 for the bulk black ink and $8.00ish for the color assuming I could buy 40ml at a time. I've seen places that sell blank canon cartridges for about a buck a piece in bulk but these could be refills. I imagine they could be buying by the gallon by a freight car full, but I agree it sounds fishy.

On the other hand hobbicolors sells on e-bay and i've heard at least a few good things about them. They are not prefills they sell a kit for $20.00. Only 2oz(59ml) of each color so 1/2 the volume at twice the cost. This is pretty cheap in contrast to other companies that sell 2oz for about 5 bucks.

I have only bought ink from e-bay once and that was for refillable tanks for my epson and the ink. It wasn't happy, the ink faided quickly, but it was a stab in the dark and not a reccomended e-bay seller or store.