Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:30 PM   #1381

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
On this issue I can agree.* I have to admit it was somewhat annoying to see updates on this thread regarding sales where I primarly was reading for part numbers, modifications, how to related stuff.* It's pretty much a moot point as most users who had product were using e-bay anyway with the exception of a few, and e-bay is a perfectly dandy place for hard to find obscure parts.*
Was the before or after I got you the parts through here?:blah:

You brown noser zakezuke!!!!!

lol
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 7:51 PM   #1382

weapon wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
On this issue I can agree. I have to admit it was somewhat annoying to see updates on this thread regarding sales where I primarly was reading for part numbers, modifications, how to related stuff. It's pretty much a moot point as most users who had product were using e-bay anyway with the exception of a few, and e-bay is a perfectly dandy place for hard to find obscure parts.
Was the before or after I got you the parts through here?:blah:

You brown noser zakezuke!!!!!

lol
Long after. I can't claim to be innocent... after all I did buy stuff from two people in this thread (who will remain nameless). I was trying to be clear I found the continual updates to be annoying. "I've got 3 widgets left" "I've got 2 widgets left" "Last widget" "waiting for payment from this user" "user backed out got another widget".

I'm hardly a brown noser, as you are no doubt aware I took the time to compile the information in this thread into a handy dandy guide which in turn spawned a couple of websites. Going to E-bay makes my life easier as it means one link I don't have to update. Which reminds me page three of my site is done. This will include the basic cardboard tray instructions as well as the slim jewel case and cardboard instructions. I've opted to leave out long box based trays for the time being.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2005, 8:19 PM   #1383

relax buddy, I was just joking with you. Hence the smiley face and the lol.*
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 8:18 AM   #1384

Anybody print enough dvd/cds to know many dvds u can print with one set of ink..roughly..?

jus curious how long the priginal ink is going to last me..ill be goin hardcore on dvds
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:09 PM   #1385

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Anybody print enough dvd/cds to know many dvds u can print with one set of ink..roughly..?

jus curious how long the priginal ink is going to last me..ill be goin hardcore on dvds
At a rough guess you can multiply the estimated color yield by a factor of 20 to get it's estamated page count at 100% yield, then multiply by 4 as CDs are round and abouts of 1/4 the size of a4/letter paper. 50% to 75% would be a valid estimate for full color.

for example 280 pages @ 5% yield / 20 = 14pages 100%
14 pages * 4 = 56 quarter pages @ 100% yield (gothic churches at night)
84 quarter pages @ 75% yield. (gothic churches at dusk)
112 quarter pages @ 50% yield (gothic churches at day).

I could be less lazy and work out the actual surface area on a CD, but such accuracy seems pointless when we are dealing with something like ink consumption.

Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:23 PM   #1386

Coolio, I got the tray and roller last week in perfect shape. Thanks.

BTW all, none of my printing software for labels works with the CD printer. They all seem to want to print the label starting half way down the CD (Sure Thing, Nero label maker). I know there was some suggestions way back on this thread, but trying to search through it is a pain. I tried to find Canon's CD-LabelPrint software on their European site but it wasn't listed.
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 4:42 PM   #1387

Read my post in this part of the thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...40&page=67

Try here for the Canon CD Label print

s120101154.onlinehome.us/pixma/Files/CD-LabelPrint%20.Win.V1.0.2_E.exe

darth wrote:
Quote:

BTW all, none of my printing software for labels works with the CD printer. They all seem to want to print the label starting half way down the CD (Sure Thing, Nero label maker). I know there was some suggestions way back on this thread, but trying to search through it is a pain. I tried to find Canon's CD-LabelPrint software on their European site but it wasn't listed.
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2005, 5:19 PM   #1388

gwheaton wrote:
Quote:
Read my post in this part of the thread:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...40&page=67

Try here for the Canon CD Label print

s120101154.onlinehome.us/pixma/Files/CD-LabelPrint%20.Win.V1.0.2_E.exe
Your link comes up with a 500 fehler error... das script could not found... error become.

Today i'll be working on a chapter on the subject of cd printing software but until then.

http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/5.html - my index of offical and unoffical links
---
http://cmtw.canon.com.tw/service/upl...n.V1.0.2_E.exe
http://cmtw.canon.com.tw/service/upl...OSX.V100_E.dmg
--- offical canon download site

http://knightcrawler.filefront.com/ - mirror of the software.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 7:18 PM   #1389

i do have a copy of the cd label print software and even have access to the original canon cd with it on it software on my computer if it is needed
Old Oct 1, 2005, 9:28 PM   #1390

darth wrote:
Quote:

No Prob Darth Enjoy