Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 10, 2005, 6:36 PM   #131

could someone with an iP4000 or iP4000R outside the US tell us what the Firmware Version is for that printer?

this is the way to find out:

1. Confirm that the printer is powered on.
(It is not necessary to connect the printer to a computer via an interface cable.)
2. Set a sheet of A4/Letter-sized plain paper in the sheet feeder or cassette, and open the paper output tray.
3. Press and hold the Resume/Cancel button, and release the Resume/Cancel button when the Power lamp has blinked 6 times.
(The Power lamp blinks and printing starts.)
<Setting information>
Canon iP_4000R Network Configuration Page
Printer:
Printer name

Firmware Version:
Firmware version

*Wireless LAN
etc.. etc...

thanks!
[a]

EDIT> my US version iP4000R Firmware Version reads 1.0.1
starno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 10:03 AM   #132

Sorry it took so long to post a response but I was out of town and didn't get the printer hooked up until last night.

Anyway, the printer works perfectly!

I bought the UK model through expansys (see my earlier posts) and added a step-up transformer purchased through http://www.voltageconverters.com
model VC-200W, connected everything together and installed the software.

I don't like label printing software so I tried Quark. It worked perfectly. The only think you have to make sure of is that the media type shows "printable disc" and that the paper source is "disc tray". Depending on what software and type of computer you're using, the selection of printable disc and disc tray appear in different menus.

I have also printed multiple copies of the same CD. No problem, choose the copied desired through the Canon print menu (this is where you can choose the color adjustments, etc.) and print. The reason to use the Canon print menu for choosing more tghan one copy is that it creates only one file as opposed to multiple spool files. As each CD pops out, insert another and press the resume button on the printer.
jassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 12:13 PM   #133

Did you end up paying $300 for the printer? That's too much for me.
Azzkikr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2005, 6:29 PM   #134

Can you possibly post the regitry settings I asked for in prior posts jass?

Those would be very helpful, but I'm starting to think the printer is crippled more than we can accomodate for.

Thanks, glad you got one that's working though...
kirky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 10:17 AM   #135

Hi

I have been following the post about printing on cd/dvd (i think it stink, that canon won't let us in the US have this feature. I was wondering if you have any further information as to make a printer work with this feature; if purchased in the US? any info at all appreaceted.

Also could you post a picture of a cd that you have printed?

thanks you

gean :bye:

gean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2005, 12:59 PM   #136

gean, as indicated above, the automatic CD printing is disabled in US versions of this printer, but there is a bypass method that describes how you can still use these printers to print to CDs.

I know this is a little off topic, but I was wondering about the ink for the IP3000 (which is the same as the IP4000, ink wise). Look at this site that I have used and tell me what you think:
http://www.databazaar.com/databazaar...c/Catalog/7021

My questions are about the photo version, BCI 6P. Will it work in the 3000 and how is it different from the regular? Do any of you have experience with compatible ink? I am always leary of it, but would like to save a little money.
Thanks.
winifreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:39 PM   #137

Can jassman or theyiddo post the registry keys since you have a printer from outside the US?

Thanks
yvonneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:49 PM   #138

Gyday,
here is a copy of the registry keys previously requested from an IP4000 install from Australia, hope it helps.

Heath.
heaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:50 PM   #139

And the other one:

Heath
heaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2005, 5:59 PM   #140

Thanks heaths
yvonneb is offline   Reply With Quote