Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 2, 2005, 10:58 AM   #1391

Thanks everyone. I got the CD-LabelPrint and everything works perfect.
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 12:20 PM   #1392

This is my first post after reading the entire 70 pages , so i apologize if this is a stupid question, but i have a ip5000 that i cannot get to print cd's. i have set the destination numerous times and have printed the output and ip5000 (LTR) is in magenta with firmware version v1.08 in cyan, it gives me the tray has not been lowered message and then eventually errors out after awhile. i have also checked the registry and it is set correctly and rebooted numerous times. is there an internal switch that makes when you lower the tray? i'm using a type b tray.
sed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:26 PM   #1393

sed23 wrote:
Quote:
This is my first post after reading the entire 70 pages , so i apologize if this is a stupid question, but i have a ip5000 that i cannot get to print cd's. i have set the destination numerous times and have printed the output and ip5000 (LTR) is in magenta with firmware version v1.08 in cyan, it gives me the tray has not been lowered message and then eventually errors out after awhile. i have also checked the registry and it is set correctly and rebooted numerous times. is there an internal switch that makes when you lower the tray? i'm using a type b tray.
Try to uninstall the driver altogether and then reinstall it. Sometimes the reg fix doesn't work correctly.

Also be sure to follow the instructions that the cd label program tells, if you try to insert the cd tray to early it will give you an error. The printer needs to do some stuff before it is ready for the tray. It will tell you when to insert the tray.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 2:56 PM   #1394

And if you're trying to print a cd label via Nero Cover Designer, be sure to follow the info at http://www.hardwarebanter.com/showthread.php?t=80144 !!

I found out the hard way yesterday that the tray LOOKS right in the print preview, but it will be off by about 4 inches because you have to make a new template with the cd at the OTHER END of the "tray". You'll see when you do it.

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 3:56 PM   #1395

CPingN,
If you have Nero 6, download the latest update (6.6.0.16) and you will get a template called Canon PIXMA IP3000 CD Printer as one of the selections in the Dropdown paper stocks type list. This selection works for me and is aligned perfectly. I have an IP4000.
I tried the parameters in the link you posted. The paper template made from these values worked well also. I wish I could find a way to read the STOCKS.DAT file in Nero and find out what parameters are used in their various paper/forms designs.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 4:22 PM   #1396

Actually, I was using Nero 7. It has cool new shaped text boxes that can wrap around the disc. Super awesome.

Can't you just click on one of the predefined templates and see the values just as with custom ones? (At work.. can't check right now.) Oh well... yeah I saw the IP3000 template but I think the part I missed is that you have to pick that from the pulldown menu when you're on the DISC 1 tab.

It'll be interesting when I get home to see if the template I made matches theirs...
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:32 PM   #1397

The link for the drivers is not working on zakezuke site, anyun have anotehr link?
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:40 PM   #1398

Scratch that, it is workin again!
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 7:50 PM   #1399

coolio wrote:
Quote:
The link for the drivers is not working on zakezuke site, anyun have anotehr link?
I just checked and the links are still working, at least the lines listed from pixma-faq.periastron.com

However there is a big internet hub-bub at present between level3 Cogent Communications. In the past there was a peering agreement between these two segments, but at present the peer point has been shut down resulting in a rift in the internet. In the most simple terms.... you'll notice much can't get from here to there.

I don't know if this is your issue but it's a likely explanation.

Alternative sources
Knightcrawler's filefront
http://knightcrawler.filefront.com/

Thankfully knightcrawler put the files on filefront.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 8:12 PM   #1400

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
resulting in a rift in the internet. In the most simple terms.... you'll notice much can't get from here to there.
Is that like having a disturbance in "The Force"? :G
jim5554 is offline   Reply With Quote