Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 5, 2005, 9:17 PM   #1401

Has anyone tried replacing the entire door/roller assembly? rather than prying off the blocking piece of the curreny tray door and attachign new roller to that assembly?
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:12 PM   #1402

I looked to see if it could be done when I got my roller/tray. (I have an IP4000), but looked like you would have to take the printer apart to be able to get the whole tray out. So much easier to just pop out the roller and snap it in to the tray already on the printer.

G

Also, Has any one used Silver Inkjet Printable DVD's or CD's??

Went to order some DVD's today and they had White Inkjet Printable and Silver Inkjet Printable. Just was wondering what the difference was?

Thanks

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Has anyone tried replacing the entire door/roller assembly? rather than prying off the blocking piece of the curreny tray door and attachign new roller to that assembly?
gwheaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1403

gwheaton wrote:
Quote:
I looked to see if it could be done when I got my roller/tray. (I have an IP4000), but looked like you would have to take the printer apart to be able to get the whole tray out. So much easier to just pop out the roller and snap it in to the tray already on the printer.

G

Also, Has any one used Silver Inkjet Printable DVD's or CD's??

Went to order some DVD's today and they had White Inkjet Printable and Silver Inkjet Printable. Just was wondering what the difference was?

Thanks

coolio wrote:
Quote:

White injet printables are, well, white.

Silver inkjet printables are a light silver. They have a certain amount of sheen to them. If you print in color on them, the colors will appear richer when viewed at about a 45 degree angle to the surface.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 10:38 PM   #1404

Hey gordon...is the original ip4000 roller thing the same color as the one i sent u ? i have seen images of it being grey whereas the roller i sent u was black
coolio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 5:56 AM   #1405

Yep, IP400 is Black so everything matches fine. My friends MP750 is Grey and now has a Black Roller, He could care less.

Oh, check your email :G

G

coolio wrote:
Quote:
Hey gordon...is the original ip4000 roller thing the same color as the one i sent u ? i have seen images of it being grey whereas the roller i sent u was black
Old Oct 6, 2005, 6:03 AM   #1406

Hey,

Know some people have asked about aftermarket inks, I just got ink from Swiftink.com and so far so good. Had the ink the day after I ordered it. (ok, ok, found out that they are only like 1 1/2 hours from me. :-) )

My magenta and yellow were almost out, so I took all my ink out and put in the new ink. Printed about 20 full color sheets to get old ink used and them printed some samples. (also printed the same samples with canon) Comparing the ink, the blues look a little darker rest of colrs look the same. I printed color bars and everything looks great. Tried a few tests so far. Printed one picture then ran my fingers over it and no smearing. Then took the picture and ran it under hot and cold water, no running. I now have a picture on the dash of my car to see about fading. Will let people know how that goes in a couple of weeks.

I have had a picture printed with canon ink on my dash for 2 months and so far just a little fading.

Gordon
Old Oct 6, 2005, 10:42 AM   #1407

gwheaton, I thought the canon inks were not waterproof. But it seems that the generic inks that you have are. Have you done the same testes withthe canon as the generic? How much were they? My big complaint with generics isn't so much quality, but clogging. Any thoughts on this likelyhood?

Does anyone know how to get the ip3000 to print to the center using the disk printing sw? The options only seem to allow the smallest inner circle size of 17mm.
winifreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2005, 11:03 AM   #1408

Have not done a water test on Canon Ink. Did the Smudge and Fade testing.

I now have a picture from Canon Ink, and from my generic ink in a glass of warm water. Will see what happens

Edit: Don't know about how they will do as far as clogging. That I will just have to wait and see. I know it can not be any worse than my Epson C80 was.

winifreid wrote:
Quote:
gwheaton, I thought the canon inks were not waterproof. But it seems that the generic inks that you have are. Have you done the same testes withthe canon as the generic? How much were they? My big complaint with generics isn't so much quality, but clogging. Any thoughts on this likelyhood?

Does anyone know how to get the ip3000 to print to the center using the disk printing sw? The options only seem to allow the smallest inner circle size of 17mm.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 2:07 PM   #1409

Ok, been about 3 hours.

Both the Canon Ink and the Generic Ink both ran. From looking at the pictures, it looks like the magenta is what is missing from the pictures.

So, just don't soak your photos in a glass of water and you will be ok. :lol:

The pictures that I ran under the faucet then dried are fine. Just can not soak the photos.

So that done, it will just depend on how the Fade test goes with the Generic Ink.

Also, all tests have been done using Staples Photo Plus Gloss Paper.

I got the paper for $4.94 per pack of 50 4"x6" sheets.

Ok, I attached a quick scan of the Generic Ink Water Test Picture.
Attached Images

Old Oct 10, 2005, 12:02 AM   #1410

Yes! If you have a Canon i960, please see my post for converting it from a i960 to an i965. I suppose if you have an i860, it would also work. After that, all you need is the CD tray assy which includes the feeder, tray and 8mm adapter, which no one here seems to know how to procure or is allowed to say where it can be had from. Good luck.

gamo62 is offline   Reply With Quote