Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 10, 2005, 5:49 AM   #1411

Quote:
Does anyone know how to get the ip3000 to print to the center using the disk printing sw? The options only seem to allow the smallest inner circle size of 17mm.

http://pixma.webpal.info Click on full dvd instruction.

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 7:53 AM   #1412

gamo62 wrote:
Quote:
Yes! If you have a Canon i960, please see my post for converting it from a i960 to an i965. I suppose if you have an i860, it would also work. After that, all you need is the CD tray assy which includes the feeder, tray and 8mm adapter, which no one here seems to know how to procure or is allowed to say where it can be had from. Good luck.
-i965 i865 part numbers-
http://www.druckerchannel.de/artikel...37&seite=1
TRAY GUIDE UNIT PN: QM2-0626-000
CDR TRAY ASS PN: QL2-0348-000 aka "cd tray type a"
TRAY, CD SUB PN: QA4-1117-000

Tray type b was hard enough to find not to speak of tray guide and tray type a. Tray type B won't work as the type a has it's reflectors aft of the cd, rather than type b which has them fore. I imagine one could cover them up.

But I have no clue where to buy them... then than finding a nice place on one of the foreign canon websites repair places. I've only seen something like this sold on e-bay once, and that was some variation of the pass through method posted here some months back.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 5:42 AM   #1413

i have reinstalled the driver numerous times and i was using the european driver and the registry is set properly. i reset the destination again, but when it tells you to open inner tray and slide in tray and select okay, the power light flashes orange and it says that the inner tray is not down. eventually it errors out. i also went into maintenance mode and tried to do an alignment and it also flashes yellow? i bought a ip4200 and got it to print cd's, but i would like to get the ip5000 working, any suggestions?

sed23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:49 AM   #1414

I am having sort of the same problem, but with the 6000.* It shows an error, and I cannot get the error off.* I cannot even get into service mode.* It is a close the inner door error. six flashes in orange, one in green.*Anyone know how to get past it?* I can print nothing.
sewspecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 5:03 PM   #1415

Hi,

I am having a different problem. The head is hitting the DVD while printing. I am using the Canon tray and rollers. Am I doing anything wrong?

thanks

Bob

Bob Sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:15 PM   #1416

Make sure you have selected the CD trey in printer properties under media. THis raises the print head
winifreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 7:17 PM   #1417

Hi,

The software does select the CD tray.

thanks

Bob

Old Oct 16, 2005, 11:08 PM   #1418

winifreid wrote:
Quote:
Make sure you have selected the CD trey in printer properties under media. THis raises the print head

The settings are correct. Any other ideas?

thanks

Bob
Old Oct 23, 2005, 2:24 PM   #1419

knightcrawler has set up an awesome site: http://pixma.webpal.info/

If you need a tray or roller, he has now set up a forum that allows the sale of those much needed items.

Check it out here: http://fiveeasysteps.proboards2.com/
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2005, 8:40 PM   #1420

I've just discovered that on my Cannon MP780 the scan feature is all messed up since installing the latest Microsoft updates. I fiddled forever thinking it was other things, then remembered the problem didn't appear until after installing, so I went back and uninstalled them -- all is back to normal. Anyone else come across this? Is there a fix from Cannon which will allow the updates?

Thanks, - Lew
Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote