Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:03 AM   #1451

The number I called was 732-521-7679 and your part # is correct. It may be that they sold out if they have gotten alot of orders since it was noted in this thread that Canon USA had some in stock. The girl I talked to this past Monday said they were in stock, took my order and said they should be to me in 3 to 5 days. Hopefully they will come today or Monday.

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 3:33 AM   #1452

It's me again.

Does anyone know if it's true that the wireless feature will shut off if I set up my iP4000R for the CD Print feature?

I was told it would by a sales person at the store where I plan on purchasing my printer. This concerns me since I really want to use the CD Print feature. If in fact this is true I may decide on another printer without the wireless feature.

Any help would be appreciated.
mrsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 7:22 AM   #1453

mrsbear wrote:
Quote:
It's me again.

Does anyone know if it's true that the wireless feature will shut off if I set up my iP4000R for the CD Print feature?

I was told it would by a sales person at the store where I plan on purchasing my printer. This concerns me since I really want to use the CD Print feature. If in fact this is true I may decide on another printer without the wireless feature.

First rule is to NOT listen to sales people at stores. The wireless feature will work fine, the euro R models also have cd printing.

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/prod...000r/index.asp

Just do the mod first then plug in the USB and load the driver the standard way, then work on the wireless part last.

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 9:30 AM   #1454

A tip for those wanting to tweak the Template in SureThing. If you still have some old labels and an accurate installer, use them on a "coaster" disc to print to instead of a good new printable disc. You can put at least 2 labels on the disc, and even put them on the other side to test your positioning of the print.

My final tweak positions for my IP5000 with a factory tray are:

Page setup:
Width and Height 4.64 in
Start Position, Left 0.25 in, Top 3.42 in
Page size 5.16 x 9.4 in

Hole Position:
Horizontal 1.44 in
Vertical 1.49 in
Width and Height 1.70 in

BTW my original template came from someone on the forum for an IP4000. Since I have an IP5000, I wanted to change the name in Page Setup (Help says that I can), but the name (not file name) won't change. Any gurus using SureThing 4 got any help?
darth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2005, 10:26 AM   #1455

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
mrsbear wrote:
Quote:
It's me again.

First rule is to NOT listen to sales people at stores. The wireless feature will work fine, the euro R models also have cd printing.

http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/prod...000r/index.asp

Just do the mod first then plug in the USB and load the driver the standard way, then work on the wireless part last.

KnightCrawler, thank you very much for the information, I'm off to the store today for my iP4000R.

Your comment about sales people is similar to what my husband said: "How can you tell if a sales person is lying?" Their lips move..............

Also thanks to all the other contributors on this forum for the useful information on CD printing feature.

mrsbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 8:35 PM   #1456

mrsbear wrote:
Quote:
KnightCrawler, thank you very much for the information, I'm off to the store today for my iP4000R.

Your comment about sales people is similar to what my husband said: "How can you tell if a sales person is lying?" Their lips move..............

Also thanks to all the other contributors on this forum for the useful information on CD printing feature.

The lie is only part of the problem.

1. When they don't know something they make something people take on faith, and so do in a way as if they know more than you do.
2. When confronted with misinformation they flood you with acronyms... which to those who don't know the acronyms it may apear they actually know more than you do.
3. When it's clear you know what the acronyms stand for... esp when you point out they are using acronyms their Honda, they try to change the subject and make a perfectly ordinary feature sound like the best thing since sliced bread... "it attaches to a printer cable... that's important because without that ability you couldn't print... all these old printers didn't use printer cables... they used... mice... mice with bits of cheese that ran through puddles of ink". You can esp notice it when they are looking behind you at the box and mispronouncing words.
4. And when you point all three of these things out... they ask if you are the engineer who designed the product... and if not they stick their fingers in their ears and say "bla bla bla bla bla i'm not listening to you" and walk away and attempt to do the same thing to someone else.

What's really sad is the question you had was about a feature not officaly supported in the Americas, which a reasonable person would say, "I don't know... that is not a feature supported here. We can not give you advice in that area because it's officaly not sold that way... I sugest you consult a user's group or a non-company support site." That would be reasonable... no loss of face... and somewhat helpful. But alas their goal is not to have good manners, their goal is to make you feel stupid for not buying what they want you to buy.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:07 PM   #1457

Knightcrawler,
You suggested getting CD-LabelPrinter v1.3. Will that fix the "inner cover open" dilemma? I have a US ip4000.

I'm using CD-LabelPrinter v1.1. I was able to download a CD-LabelPrinter v1.3 file from the Canon-Europe website.....it is a ".dmg" file called "CD-LabelPrint(E)v1.3.dmg"

Can I use that to fix the 'inner cover open' problem? If the answer is yes, do I install that '.dmg' file over version 1.1? Oh, btw, I have Windows XP and I think .dmg is a Mac file. Is there another fix for Windows?

Thanks for your help.
rhgindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:37 PM   #1458

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Try to uninstall the driver altogether and then reinstall it. Sometimes the reg fix doesn't work correctly.

Also be sure to follow the instructions that the cd label program tells, if you try to insert the cd tray to early it will give you an error. The printer needs to do some stuff before it is ready for the tray. It will tell you when to insert the tray.
Cool, I finally got it to work. I'm using CD-LabelPrint, v.1.1, for Windows, on a ip4000. I used the registry tweak, the driver, and just followed the instructions from CD-LabelPrint and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your help.
rhgindc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2005, 3:28 PM   #1459

Oddly enough, I was having issues with v1.1 inputing japanese text... it refused to do it at all. Which I can understand for older pre unicode applications but this is canon.... people who you'd expect to support japanese. Anyone know if 1.3 resolves this?
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 10:49 AM   #1460

Hi- I'm new to this, but was waiting to buy an EU version of the ip5000 from expansys.com but now find they are discontinued. I have been following this forum on all the tray building and modifying work that everyone has been doing and was waiting for an exact solution before I dove in and made a purchase. Well, now I find the tray B can be purchased on ebay, search pixma cd, so I bought one, $35. So, now I would like to know if anyone knows if Canon is going to offer a USA model that can print cd/dvd? and Does anyone know which model is the best to make compatible with the tray B? I'm looking at the ip6000d because the inks are the same as a printer I currently own. I know the ip4000 and ip5000 have been discussed the most, but will the ip6000d act the same way and modify the same way? thanks for any help you can give.
safsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote