Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 14, 2005, 6:44 PM   #141

Ok I have a Canon IP3000. I compared my keys to heaths and the ones below are different. I don't know what any of them mean. Maybe someone with a 4000 can also do a comparison.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Pr int\Printers\Canon PIXMA iP4000]
  • "DsKeyUpdateForeground"=dword:00000002 Mine is 3[/*]
  • "Attributes"=dword:00000a00 Mine is e00[/*]
  • "Security"= Mine is different here, I have words instead of numbers[/*]
  • "Files"=hex(7): Mine is different here, I have words instead of numbers
[/*]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Pr int\Printers\Canon PIXMA iP4000\DsDriver]
  • "printBinNames"=hex(7):Mine is different here and is missing a name for cd tray. I have words here not numbers. Maybe we need another entry here?
[/*]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Pr int\Printers\Canon PIXMA iP4000\PrinterDriverData] Maybe something here?
  • "CnmUI_ShipmentPlace"=dword:0000002c Mine is 1[/*]
  • "CnmSLM_PFS"="ASF" Mine is FSF[/*]
  • "CnmSLM_FSI"="03"Mine is 2[/*]
  • "CnmSLM_PRF"="01"Mine is 0[/*]
  • "CnmSLM_LMStatusParam1"=dword:00001a24Mine doesn't have this[/*]
  • "CnmSLM_LMStatusParam2"=dword:00001edd Mine doesn't have this[/*]
  • "CnmSLM_DlgMagicNumber"=dword:00199437 Mine is 1278b7e[/*]
yvonneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 4:07 AM   #142

No problems yvonneb, I hope it helps, it certainly seems like there are a few resourceful people amongst your group. I actually stumbled across the forum because I am having problems printing CD's/DVD's with the IP 4000, but I guess I am in the wrong place to complain since at least the 'australian arm of the canon marketing department' hasn't denied us the functionality in the first place.

Heath
heaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 2:33 PM   #143

yvonneb wrote
"Maybe someone with a 4000 can also do a comparison."

yvonneb. I have a 4000R US version. let me know if i can give you any information. i am on os X so you'll have to tell me where to go.

peace
[a]
starno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2005, 7:54 PM   #144

I don't know where to find registry keys on a mac. But I would like to see what other people's keys are for the Printer Driver data since mine differ from heaths.
yvonneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2005, 8:50 PM   #145

First, thanks for the goldmine of information. I've been hoping to get a hold of this...

I'm going to compare mine now and maybe do some futzing around, I'll report back with what I come up with.
kirky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 4:34 PM   #146

I have been following this thread for a few weeks now. I was just wondering if anyone has found out anything new about cd/dvd printing in the US? I love my ip5000, it prints lab quality photos as far as I am concerned. I researched many printers using sources like Tom's Hardware and Trusted Reviews, CNET, etc. I took it for granted that all of the ip5000 printers could print to cd/dvd's. To my shock when I got it out of the box, I couldn't find anything in the manual or in the printer properties that lead me to believe you could print to cd/dvd's. I must not have researched it as much as I thought. I would still like to be able to print to cd's and dvd's. Looks like it may not happen with this printer. It still burn's my that I can flip down a door that is intended to insert a tray to print on cd's and I cannot even use it. To me it is kinda like plasticfruit and rollson the table when your hungry and there is nothing in the fridge.:angry:
kiddinwicha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:32 PM   #147

kiddinwicha wrote:
Quote:
I have been following this thread for a few weeks now. I was just wondering if anyone has found out anything new about cd/dvd printing in the US? I love my ip5000, it prints lab quality photos as far as I am concerned. I researched many printers using sources like Tom's Hardware and Trusted Reviews, CNET, etc. I took it for granted that all of the ip5000 printers could print to cd/dvd's. To my shock when I got it out of the box, I couldn't find anything in the manual or in the printer properties that lead me to believe you could print to cd/dvd's. I must not have researched it as much as I thought. I would still like to be able to print to cd's and dvd's. Looks like it may not happen with this printer. It still burn's my that I can flip down a door that is intended to insert a tray to print on cd's and I cannot even use it. To me it is kinda like plasticfruit and rollson the table when your hungry and there is nothing in the fridge.:angry:

i feel your pain. I waited four months for someone to being me the IP5000 from Hong Kong to USA.
Azzkikr1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 11:45 PM   #148

Quote:
i feel your pain. I waited four months for someone to being me the IP5000 from Hong Kong to USA.
I hope my wait is almost over.
After almost two months waiting for my UK iP3000 from T4 Cameras to arrive, I cancled. They did promptly refund my money today. :G

Now for the really good news. I ordered (a UK printer) from a company with a branch in the US, and I may be getting the printer this week.

When I do the search for how to "convert" a US model will begin in earnest.

I'll keep you posted.
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2005, 9:05 PM   #149

kiddinwicha wrote:
Quote:
...I would still like to be able to print to cd's and dvd's. Looks like it may not happen with this printer. It still burn's my that I can flip down a door that is intended to insert a tray to print on cd's and I cannot even use it. To me it is kinda like plastic fruit and rolls on the table when your hungry and there is nothing in the fridge.:angry:
Yea, who isn't. OK, there is Epson. :?: :blah:

But hang On folks! :cart:
I've just confirmed that Expansys USA has shipped my UK version iP3000, and UPS will be delivering it by/on Friday!:G

Once it's here the work on US CD Tray printing conversion can really begin. :O

My first order of business will be to remove the UK power supply and replace it with a US version.

I'll be taking photos as I go. :|
(Does anybody know what resolution works best for posting? I have an Olympus RS-100 and a Pentax Optio S40)

Next we check that it works properly.

Then I've got to get my hands on a US iP3000.
I feel the onlyway to crack this is to work with both a US and UK side by side.
Find out what one does that the other doesn't!

With any luck, a hack WILL be found.

Of course, there's always the Dooh! factor :homey:
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 12:42 AM   #150

My first order of business will be to remove the UK power supply and replace it with a US version.

Surely you can use a plug in converter for the voltage difference instead?
pbar is offline   Reply With Quote