Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Apr 3, 2006, 11:32 PM   #1511

Tspoon wrote:
Quote:
Anybody have a proven site for oem inks for pixmas? I have an IP4000 that i've had for about a month. Its getting low on ink, and don't want to pay the prices for actual canon ink. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!:-)
Do you mean non-oem ink?

http://pixma-faq.periastron.com/10.html

I have used ink from MIS [ www.inksupply.com ] for about a year now, about 3oz of ink per tank. I have been most pleased and i'm still printing.

Others reccomend formulabs ink, which from my understanding is very good as well.

Hobbicoloris the cheapest and i've heard of people getting "good" results, and I plan to order this next. The price with blank cartridges and ink is the same as just blank cartridges from other venders. It's about $21 bucks for the ink and blank cartridges for the ip4000.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 8:49 AM   #1512

I have been using Hobbicolor inks and cartridges for several months now - both in my ip4000 and new ip6000D - and have been happy with them so far. Price is so much less than Canon OEM - do much more printing now than I did when refills cost about $12 or so per cartridge. He sells on E-bay - do a search on Hobbicolors and you will see what he has. I suggest buying an extra set of his blank cartridges also - email him for pricing.

Check out the Inkjet Stuff Forum (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/) for good info on refilling and such stuff. Canon BCI-6 cartridges are very easy to refill. A search on Hobbicolors there will give you more comments from people using their inks

Steve W.
on30trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 10:22 PM   #1513

Thanks guys, and yes I meant "non" oem Inks. I'll look around these sites, and give one a try......
Tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2006, 6:30 AM   #1514

Quote:

I wamt tio get a Pixma IP4200. I would like to know if anyone is certain about the trey type B and C.
Isn't the tray C the tray that is sold with the 4200s outside of North America?

I have ordered from Amazon U.K. before and I saw that they are having a sale on the 4200. Best Eurpean price I have seen.
When I went to checkout, I received a message that Amazon UK is shipping Electronics parts only to Scotland and England ?? I asked then what limited the price so much.
A lot of the British stores are now bundling in the outrageous 17.5 % VAT fees into the retail price of the item. If it is from the U.S. or elswhere, they will remove the VAT, but it is something to be aware of.

Jon

"I don't think anyone has seen the tray type c... but given that no one has seen tray type c all these users printing on cds on their ip4200 must be using the tray type b. Tray type A and Type B are similar if not the same in size but the reflector location changed, but it doesn't seem so with tray type C.

So while you should take my info with a grain of salt, I don't own a new model, all tests on the ip4200 would have been done with tray type b or home made tray based on those specifications.

If you are worried you can easily download the template, make everything black except for the three nose reflectors, glue to a piece of poster board and see if it works.

Knightcrawler has the most up to date info on these models and the template is the last link.
http://pixma.webpal.info/IP4200/index.htm"
Quote:

jolo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2006, 12:59 PM   #1515

I used a seller on eBay - MediaSquare. His listings are here:

Tspoon wrote: [/b]
Quote:
Anybody have a proven site for oem inks for pixmas? I have an IP4000 that i've had for about a month. Its getting low on ink, and don't want to pay the prices for actual canon ink. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!:-)
Rumplestiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 10:51 PM   #1516

Curious question. I have an IP4000. I have been printing Discs for about 3 months now. The last week or so, I've noticed that the Image that I am printing on the disc, has shifted alittle to the right, leaving a white ring around the left edge of the disc. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem. I have adjusted the template size many different ways, but it hasn't seemed to help. Any Ideas, or Help would be greatly appreciated..:?
Tspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2006, 6:39 PM   #1517

on30trainman wrote:
Quote:
I have been using Hobbicolor inks and cartridges for several months now - both in my ip4000 and new ip6000D - and have been happy with them so far. Price is so much less than Canon OEM - do much more printing now than I did when refills cost about $12 or so per cartridge. He sells on E-bay - do a search on Hobbicolors and you will see what he has. I suggest buying an extra set of his blank cartridges also - email him for pricing.

Check out the Inkjet Stuff Forum (http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/) for good info on refilling and such stuff. Canon BCI-6 cartridges are very easy to refill. A search on Hobbicolors there will give you more comments from people using their inks

Steve W.
Try this site http://www.alotofthings.com/

It's the best for PIXMA Cartridges. Try the "SPONGELESS" refillable cartridges. Those are "Excellent".
nelsonb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2006, 11:45 PM   #1518

eikon wrote:
Quote:

ya, just called the canon tech dept, and they sent me over to there parts dept. the part was shiped from irvine, ca. they do not cary the rollers though :sad:
I live a few miles from Irvine, CA. I think I will just Will Call. Do you need the rollers, or is the tray all you need? I have a Canon MP500 so does the tray fit this model of printer. I think I saw someplace that the p/n is QL2-1203-000.

Al

Big_Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 2:41 AM   #1519

Big_Al wrote:
Quote:
I live a few miles from Irvine, CA. I think I will just Will Call. Do you need the rollers, or is the tray all you need? I have a Canon MP500 so does the tray fit this model of printer. I think I saw someplace that the p/n is QL2-1203-000.

Al

The mp500 and other pixmas taking pgi-5 / cli-8 cartridges have their own rollers onboard. Even if you have a bci-3e/bci-6 pixma the rollers are not required. My ip3000 required a push on the tray to print but others didn't have the same issue.

I have heard reports that the MP series prefers tray type D for some reason, harder to find.
Old Jun 9, 2006, 4:47 PM   #1520

I discovered a while back that foil reflectors are not required, and gluing "digiguy's" template to one Post Rainin Bran box and another sheet of photo paper one gets a perfect template. So enclosed are two templates one in honor of Golgota an early contributer to this thread, and the other a cute "My Melody".