Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 12, 2006, 9:30 PM   #1521

Hi, I just picked up a PiximaMP500 off Ebay as the ad said it did CD/DVD printing, I have an epson that works when it wants to and wanted to up grade. Following the "5 steps" I have gotten to where it thinks it is a Euro printer and the software sends it the info but like so many other posts I see here it stalls out and says no tray. I can lift the top while it is trying to print and see it is stalling out while it is looking for the reflective holes in my home made insert. it seems to locate the middle hole centers on it then looks to the right for the right hole and gives up and quits.

Does any one have a full size scan of a "D" carrier so I can make sure I have the holes cut properly.

Has anyone gotten a MP500 to ptint a CD most the posts I see here are for other printers.
Choptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2006, 10:52 PM   #1522

Choptop wrote:
Quote:
Hi, I just picked up a PiximaMP500 off Ebay as the ad said it did CD/DVD printing, I have an epson that works when it wants to and wanted to up grade. Following the "5 steps" I have gotten to where it thinks it is a Euro printer and the software sends it the info but like so many other posts I see here it stalls out and says no tray. I can lift the top while it is trying to print and see it is stalling out while it is looking for the reflective holes in my home made insert. it seems to locate the middle hole centers on it then looks to the right for the right hole and gives up and quits.

Does any one have a full size scan of a "D" carrier so I can make sure I have the holes cut properly.

Has anyone gotten a MP500 to ptint a CD most the posts I see here are for other printers.
Here is a template for Tray D: http://pixma.allhyper.com/?p=30

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2006, 9:58 AM   #1523

I guess that it is the template for printing which will help. I was looking for a scan of the tray itself.

I received my new MP500 in the mail about 10:00 in the morning by midnight I finally got my first CD printed! My troubles were all in the the three little square reflective holes. At first I did not realize the area around the holes had to be flat black. Once I got that figured out then using Zakezukes template and watching the print head look for the holes I finally got it to print a CD.

The MP500 will work! The five easy steps and Zakezukks template will get you there.

Thank you to all those who have worked on this.
Choptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2006, 11:00 PM   #1524

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:G

A TRAY IN MY HONOR!!!!!!! COOL!!!! JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJ!!!!

and you say zakezuke, no need of aluminum foil?? a piece of photo paper works??

thats really great, i dont print cds long time ago, but wen i buy verbatims (the silver ones) y try with this template

"golgota commemorative tray B" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!THANKS ZAKEZUKE!!
golgota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 12:12 PM   #1525

golgota wrote:
Quote:
and you say zakezuke, no need of aluminum foil?? a piece of photo paper works??

thats really great, i dont print cds long time ago, but wen i buy verbatims (the silver ones) y try with this template

"golgota commemorative tray B" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!THANKS ZAKEZUKE!!

Yes, why cut when you can print. A printer tends to be more accurate than your hand. The main problem is the glueing. Paper glue makes paper wet, but a contact cement does not.

The silver verbatims I have noticed don't look as good on the canon. They work much better on Epsons, but vocĂȘ might be happy with them. Y use something called "prodisc", a cheap disc but the print looks better.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 11:30 AM   #1526

Riffraff311 wrote:
Quote:
Yes!!!!! It worked! You were right. I downloaded ver 1.3, and printed a test DVD. Thank you very much, for all the research you have done and for your quick response to my message.
Hi, I recently discovered this thread & have combed through it looking for a solution. I am having the same issue that Riffraff311 had. I'm running Mac OSX. I tried to find v1.3 to download & can't seem to find it anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can download v1.3? Thanks!
viaChgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 1:46 PM   #1527

Try Here for the 1.3 version: http://software.canon-europe.com/
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2006, 9:54 PM   #1528

Thanks! It works now!
viaChgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2006, 7:43 PM   #1529

I'm having a bit of trouble on this @_@ I can't access the Service menu for my MP830.

Little bit of help would be appreciated? I've been to http://pixma.webpal.info/MP500/index.html and have been following the steps and I've gotten to step where I release the POWER button and wait for the copy button to stop blinking, but the printer just turns off!

#_#; Can someone please help me?

EDIT: Noob moment. I tried to get into the service menu because i was trying the "Five easy steps" with the printer already on:-). I just turned it off then tried step one and I got it down. lol.
jfvergara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2006, 12:04 AM   #1530

Hello.

I just bought the MP 830, can someone show me a step by step image representation of what steps to take in modifying the current tray setup to allow for printing of dvd/cds or at least show an image of the finished product?

Thanks
cityboy is offline   Reply With Quote