Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Aug 28, 2006, 6:24 PM   #1531

cityboy wrote:
Quote:
I just bought the MP 830, can someone show me a step by step image representation of what steps to take in modifying the current tray setup to allow for printing of dvd/cds or at least show an image of the finished product?
Your answer was in the post directly preceeding yours: http://pixma.webpal.info/MP500/index.html.

Head over to http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_...mp;forum_id=40to get some helpful hints or info found in the posts from me and zakezuke posted today.
Stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2006, 5:08 AM   #1532

Should this template work with the 4200? I've tried several home-mades so far, with no success. The latest was simple orange card stock, two layers, with white paper behind the reflector spots and dark ink around them. When I start the print job, the template moves back out a litt;e from its maximally inserted postion, then makes noises like it's trying to feed it, but when I open the cover, the template's butted up against the row of white rollers, and going nowhere. I get the message "The CD-R tray is not inserted or a printable disc is not placed on the CD-R Tray" and printing stops. I've tried about six variations so far, with no success.

I've seen messages further back in this thread relating to CD calibration. Is there something I should have done there? I uninstalled and reinstalled drivers after resetting the printer's region, but didn't do the print head alignment as it had been done last time around. Is there something I missed? The diagnostic print after the region reset says CDR(000000,000000), if that helps any.

Spiggy Topes
Spiggy Topes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 5, 2006, 1:59 AM   #1533

Got it, problem solved. Read some more of the thread, started again with a black top layer over white, works just fine. Off by a millimter or so, but that should be fixable without too much work. Thanks anyway to all you folks for making the techniqies available.

Spiggy Topes
Spiggy Topes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 8, 2006, 12:58 AM   #1534

Hi!

I have an iP4200 that I modified for CD/DVD printing some time ago. The feature worked for some time, but I now get a message that either the CD tray is not inserted or there's no disk in the tray. I'm using the actual canon tray, not a home madeone. Please help!

TIA!

NM, I cleaned where the rollers well, roll on the tray and then gave a gentle tap when I put it in. It worked this time. Thanks just the same.
Ra Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:58 AM   #1535

I have a Canon Pixma iP4000 printer. I lost my CD-R tray during a recent house move but got a replacement a few days ago from CRC , Woking , Surrey GU21 5EN UK.

Their email is info@crc-tasktron.co.uk

Website www.crc-tasktron.co.uk

I tried printinga disc but having set the print options in the 'Preferences' and set the tray at the marked positions in the printer , the disc was only partially printed !

Can anyone tell me

1. If it's possibel to print at all ?

2. If it is possible , precisely how you do it.
terry dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 4:22 PM   #1536

terry dennis wrote:
Quote:
I have a Canon Pixma iP4000 printer. I lost my CD-R tray during a recent house move but got a replacement a few days ago from CRC , Woking , Surrey GU21 5EN UK.

Their email is info@crc-tasktron.co.uk

Website http://www.crc-tasktron.co.uk

I tried printinga disc but having set the print options in the 'Preferences' and set the tray at the marked positions in the printer , the disc was only partially printed !

Can anyone tell me

1. If it's possibel to print at all ?

2. If it is possible , precisely how you do it.
Are you printing from the printer driver dialogue? If so, try printing from the CD-labelprint application (available from Canon UK site.) It is not clear from your post but you do not insert the tray until requested to do so.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 5:42 AM   #1537

Yes ! I tried downloading the freeware from Canon with total resultant success !

:-)
terry dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2008, 8:05 PM   #1538

The new Canon ip4600 has been released and as expected it has a new tray.Look forward to using tray G in the future.

IGExpandingPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2009, 6:45 PM   #1539

Hi, I just got a canon pixma ip4600.

I'm trying to make my printer print on cd/dvd's I've got every thing to work except I can't get the region to work. I've tried the instructions for the ip5000 model but it isn't working for my model. I was wondering if any one knows the solution for this.

I havn't read the entire thread front to back because it's so long. I tried doing a search but this forum doesn't have a very good search feature.

Any help would be appreciated. I've also tried looking in the manual but If the answers are in their I can't find them.

Thanks
crystalmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2015, 2:25 AM   #1540

Default just a simple question

Hi to you all, I've just bought an ix6820 in the US. Do you know if it actually has an hidden CD printing capabilities as for other models here in this forum?
pippoaacc is offline   Reply With Quote