Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jan 27, 2005, 7:17 AM   #151

pbar wrote:
Quote:
My first order of business will be to remove the UK power supply and replace it with a US version.

Surely you can use a plug in converter for the voltage difference instead?
Sure, I could, but:
A) The internal power supply is much cleaner (no extra boxes), and is exactly what the printer is designed to use.
B) The real Canon power supply is cheeper ($12 plus $5 shipping)
C) I already have one. :whack:
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2005, 8:40 PM   #152

arklab,

I have an ip3000. I can provide pictures, reg keys or other information if you need it. I was hoping that somone would do a key comparison with an ip4000(US) since the keys for a foreign model have been posted.
yvonneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2005, 12:18 AM   #153

This is a great thread! Many thanks to all who have/are/will help! (And, of course, thanks to "Steve".)

Following some links others have posted, I'd just like to mention that there is a wealth of information at the Canon HK site (including english language drivers / softwareof the Asian [read "CD-tray active"] version of the Canon printer(s) in question). Start here and choose your printer:

http://www.canon.com.hk/En/product/S...tcategory_id=1

From there, you'll find drivers, software (no, couldn't find CD-LabelPrint there), and troubleshooting help, with closeup pictures of the CD-tray (in case you wanted to seeone :-) )!

----------

BTW, after alittle more research, I did find a Canon TW site that has CD-LabelPrint software for download:

http://cmtw.canon.com.tw/service/dri...ctID3=00000227

and bothWindows & Mac versions are available! :-)

-----------

One more thing, further research has brought up a Canon Euro site that has a Windows CD-LabelPrint software update (to v.1.02, requires CD-LabelPrint already installed) for download:

http://software.canon-europe.com/sof...asp?model=i865

(note: it claims "supported products - i865 i965 i905D i9950"; as I haven't installed it yet, don't know if there's any problem with "other" printers -- there shouldn't be because I believe the "1000" series of printersreplaced those)

(also note: as the full CD-LabelPrint software listed aboveis v.1.02, this upgrade is not needed for it.)

----------

cdtray3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2005, 8:16 AM   #154

Both printers here.
Working on a different solution.
Post more tonight.
Old Feb 1, 2005, 6:41 PM   #155

Hi arklab,
I am reading this and VideoHelp forum. On VideoHelp fourm you have told to Mrs. Brookelh do something. I wanted to add something in to it. Before installing driver on computer change computer's region to UK from control panel. This might be the place from where driver is picking up the location of the computer.

I tried to post on VideoHelp forum but I just registered and as per their policy I can't post anything for first 2 days.
KamLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2005, 10:29 PM   #156

KamLover wrote:
Quote:
Hi arklab,
I am reading this and VideoHelp forum. On VideoHelp fourm you have told to Mrs. Brookelh do something. I wanted to add something in to it. Before installing driver on computer change computer's region to UK from control panel. This might be the place from where driver is picking up the location of the computer.

I tried to post on VideoHelp forum but I just registered and as per their policy I can't post anything for first 2 days.
OK, I'll be happy to copy your idea there.
Thanks
Old Feb 2, 2005, 11:59 AM   #157

Whats the paper path like from the bottom cassette? Would it be possible to use a sheet of thick cardstock with a CD sized hole cut in it with the bottom supported. (For example a sheet of 8.5x11 thick card stock with a CD hole cut to hold the CD and the bottom glued to a sheet of standard thickness paper to keep the CD from falling through the bottom.)

Would something like this actually feed through the printer, or would it be necessary to perform the lid lifting bypass method that is described earlier in this thread.

Racer X

racerx2oo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 12:35 PM   #158

It would be interesting to see the CD try to go round the U-bend :-)
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2005, 1:31 PM   #159

Dang! I guess you can only print "floppy" disks that way :-)
racerx2oo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2005, 9:39 AM   #160

racer;

your idea is ok but you need to read the rest of the prior posts on this. there are 2 paper paths and 1 for discs. themiddle front feed for the cd/dvd is only slightly wider than the dia. of the disc. after pushing it and the tray in so far, the printer sucks it in, prints it, and spits it out the same way it went in.
vandyo is offline   Reply With Quote