Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Feb 14, 2005, 2:40 PM   #211

khz wrote:
Quote:
Question about the power supplies.

How do you get a US power supply, and when you do how does it fit on the inside? Is that where the UK one goes, or did you someone use some trickory?
ENBRIEF: You take the UK one out and replace it with the same size US powersupply.

Although (if you read my previous reply to your question) it appears to be un-necessary.

You get it by calling Canon USA Parts. Canon customer service has there phone number.

REALLY! :angry:
arklab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2005, 3:07 PM   #212

arklab, khz is probably being cautious. In New Zealand and Australia the i series had 220-240V modules that clipped under the printer. These were not universal and would not take a 110V input. The iP series here are still only specified as 220-240V. I assume they have a similar clip in module but I haven't had a chance to look under the printer to read the actual label on the power supply. Perhaps you could do that if your UK sourced printer does take 110V.

If the power supply in the printer is OK for your local voltage, the cord is the same as used on many radios etc, fig 8 at one end local plug at other. You don't need to put up with converters just for the plug.
Paul_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 4:23 AM   #213
khz

I am starting to think, what is all the trouble worth?

Why not just print on a label and apply it yourself?
khz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 4:58 PM   #214

mac_yoda wrote:
Quote:
MacBandit wrote:
Quote:
Anyone have a source for a UK or other Canon Pixma MP780 all in one with the CD/DVD printing capabilities?
Try amazon.co.uk, see what they say about shipping it to the USA ?
Thanks for the suggestion but they don't ship electronics outside of the UK.
MacBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 5:03 PM   #215

khz wrote:
Quote:
I am starting to think, what is all the trouble worth?

Why not just print on a label and apply it yourself?
Labels often peel often while the CD is in the drive causing a drive failure or a disk stuck in the drive. Also believe it or not the added thickness and weight of the label can cause problems as well.
MacBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 5:05 PM   #216

The reason not to apply a label to a dvd, is that somethimes this can make the disk unplaybable on some players. I used to apply labels to my DVDs and had to remove them to play them on soome players. It isn't easy to do. I usually just use a marker to label mine, but the ones I have printed on printable TDK dvds look almost like the original. I use the bypass method described by alvinlee and have no problems. I use a simple paper template and slide the disk under the front rollers.
winifreid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 7:29 PM   #217
khz

Isn't printable media quite expensive though?
khz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 10:18 PM   #218

can someone put together a summary of what have been achieved in making the us ip3000 wrok for direct cd printing? it's hard to read through all the messages that all don't have to do with it since a lot is on buying the uk version.
yooeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2005, 7:37 AM   #219

Printable media usually does not cost much more than standard media. I just bought some DVDs on sale at Circuit city for about $.33/apiece. As far as I know, no one has gotten the USA version printer to print on a disk automatically using a CD tray. The only way to print on a disk with the USA version is the bypass method described by alvinlee. It is not automatic, but for occasional printing, it works fine.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:59 AM   #220

Wow! What a scam. Eight fifty for something you can read on this forum. I wonder if anyone has bid. It is just the bypass method. You still have to push the disk under the rollers after printing has started.