Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 9, 2005, 1:51 PM   #301

OK, I got it to work and this may be the problem with you others who have a US version of this printers and it keeps rejecting the tray. Inside the printer are a set of white rollers, the tray runs into them and rejects. For some reason it would not push past them. I push fairly hard with the tray and the rollers lifted up and the CD tray went in and printed. I had to push harder than I liked with the tray but all seems to be working fine now and I can print in the US with a UK ip4000 printer on a Mac OS running 10.3.9 and I must say that the images look beuatiful! Oh and BTW, my discs are not smudgng either and I have not put on any spray on the surface, I just print on Ritek inkjet printables and they look great and do not smudge.
jaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 5:44 PM   #302

Hi jaru22

Have you got your printer from UK or you modified the US version printer in a way how it is discussed in this post? Also, if you used US printer did you make your CD tray or got original CANON one. Please, clarify.

Thanks,

Eugene
eugene3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2005, 9:01 PM   #303

I have attempted to make a tray from the previously posted photo. Had to scale the ruler close to actual size. I think my dimensions are very close. It does however spit out the tray and say no tray or no printable cd in tray.

But I would like to comment on an observation I have made. When the tray is inserted and lined up with the arrows, the two "reflectors" are in line with the inkcarriage. The location appears to match the location of the prismsin the ink cartridges. Furthermore the size of the "reflectors" is exaclty the same as the square base of the prisms on the ink cartridges. I now believe that the same light used to read the ink level may be reading the "reflectors"and that they may in fact be prisms.

EDIT: It appears that there is a sensor on each side of the ink head carriage which are spaced the same distance apart as the 2 reflectors.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 12:32 PM   #304

hello!!!

i need to know if the tweak for ip4000 works for ip3000 (the enter in service mode and change the region stuff...)because i wanna try... and the registry settings...are the same??? if someone give me a detailed description, or send me a reg file of your tweaked settings... golgota@msn.com
golgota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 1:23 PM   #305

Quote:
golgota:
i need to know if the tweak for ip4000 works for ip3000 (the enter in service mode and change the region stuff...)
The settings for the ip3000 should be the same.

I have a Japanese i560 with CD printing and a US i860 without CD printing. I made the changes as described for the ip4000 to the i860 with success. After successfully changing the destination on the i860 to Japan and installingJapanese drivers, I attempted to use my i560 CD attachment, tray, and CD direct printing software (which are the same for both models, as far as I know)with the i860. While the driver allowed me to selectthe CD-tray, I would get an error that the CD tray wasn't installed when I tried to print.

It's possible that the tray is differentbetweenthese twomodels, but I doubt it. I'll mess around with it some more this week and report any results.

DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 4:41 AM   #306

I bought the UK version, installed the UK drivers on my ip4000 on a Mac OS X
jaru22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 3:19 PM   #307

ok, the system works
now, the only obstacle is the cd tray...im in peru south america(thats the reason of my bad english), anybody knows a place were i find and buy the cd tray??? because i test with a homemade tray but the printer eject it...

thanks in advance
golgota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 10:24 AM   #308

nevermind.
I got the newer NON-US-English drivers.
It installed. albiet the installer isn't too good, but, still fustrated. No CDR tray option yet
05/05/05) -- update
attempted to change destination code again. it works!!
CDR Tray is available

Help
Could someone email me the MacOS X drivers
I have tried version 3 and 2.62, (european, UK drivers, english) but they fail to instal on OS 10.4.

What version of the drivers has anyone installed on OS X??

My progress:
1. reprogrammed firmware - via front control panel
-- I got confirmation the CDR sensor is on, service print, and EEProm dump

2. modified the front inner tray.
--->here I can't get the drivers to load all the way..

It will print and give me all print sizes
A4, A5, JB5, LTR, LGL, Credit card, but no CDR tray.

I have examined the plist.info files and it does list CDR tray B and CDR Tray A (12 and 8 cm -- the smaller mini CDs)

but the page layout doesn't show up the CDR ... yet.
Help.
vuong pham

vuong.pham@ gmail. com
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2005, 1:33 PM   #309

Attention UK ip4000, and /or ip3000 users.

PLEASE...

Could anyone do the EEPROM printout and Service test print?

The procedure is in the manual.

I would like to compare the results to the US model.

:-):!:
Old May 12, 2005, 3:19 PM   #310

I have the EEPROM printouts of a NON-US IP4000 and the EEPROM of a US IP4000 with EEPROM destination code changed to support CDR...
verdict:

They are different.

V.pham