Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 19, 2005, 1:21 AM   #371

A_Xanadu wrote:
Quote:
I haven't read this entire thread yet, I just stumbled onto the site while googling and trying to figure out whether the Canon printers print on CD's, so I'm not sure if this topic has been addressed. Apparently Canon has forgone the CD-printing option in the U.S. due to the licensing cost. I've read about their "low margins" and such, which is a crock. The margins on selling printers has long been nil - heck, they're often given away free with the purchase of a PC. Where the manufacturers make their money is SELLING THE INK!! I've been trying to make up my mind between the 8500 and the i9900, but now I'm so angry I might just go with Epson after all. This from somebody who's owned and love 4 different Canon printers and 2 digital cameras!

If you read the last 3 pages, you may be pleasantly surprised. We have figured out how to enable CD printing with the U.S. Canon printers. It is just an issue of making or obtaining a CD tray now.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 4:30 AM   #372

Maybe worth while keeping an eye on this site,they offer Epson CD/dvd trays,maybe they will catch on that its the CANON trays they should be making.

http://stores.ebay.com/Print-For-Les...eNameZl2QQtZkm

As a Epson user I have not read all this thread,I apologise if this has been mentioned before:O
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 12:29 PM   #373

Wallyman wrote:
Quote:
Hi Folks

I´m from Germany and you can order the Tray you all need in an onlineshop.

The problem is that you need a legitimation that you are a computerdealer^^

The Tray only cost 4,27 € plus Vat(16%)

Canon CD-ROM Tray Assy für Tintenstrahldrucker Pixma IP 3000
Ersatzteil, Herstellernummer QL2-0605-000

here ist the german test vor the Tray

http://www.ibfshop.de/product_info.p...ucts_id=699409

and the Link :-D

maybe this can help you in getting these trays.

Wallyman

GOOD & BAD NEWS FELLAS!!!!!

I made some research in the Germana site Wallyman talk about
Good News: This German site ship the tray to EEUU. :G
Bad News: The cost of the tray is US$5.77 but with the S&H is US$77 and you have to make a banks transfer they doesnt accept Credit Cards

One question: Is there any chance that the Epson 200 tray can be adapted to fit in a IP3000?. Does somebody think of that too?
chincha5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 12:32 PM   #374

fperry wrote:
Quote:
Maybe worth while keeping an eye on this site,they offer Epson CD/dvd trays,maybe they will catch on that its the CANON trays they should be making.

http://stores.ebay.com/Print-For-Les...eNameZl2QQtZkm

As a Epson user I have not read all this thread,I apologise if this has been mentioned before:O

I'm working on that with some non-U.S. based ebay sellers as of now...
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 12:46 PM   #375

golgota wrote:
Quote:
please, i need some kind of help here...

a few questions about the tray construction..

is necesary black??

can i make tests with no printable cds?? how??

if anybody with a working home made tray send me the size an exact position of the reflectors in the tray please?? because are diferences between the scan and the pdf...

jajaja, later i send a pic of my test tray, so all of you tell me what is wrong with it (i think everything)

thanks!!

the pics:
Hey Golgota You can make test with no printable cd attaching them a CD label (you can buy it in Mesa Redonda (etiquetas para CD); yes I'm from Peru too :blahOr try to made your Cd tray with acrilic you can buy in Azangaro Ave (I'm going to try with acrilic)
Old May 19, 2005, 1:42 PM   #376

Chincha,

I think what you call acrilic is known by the brand name plexiglass here in the US. This is very hard to cut and brittle. Look for what we call lexan which is a brand name of polycarbonate sheet. It's a lot easier to work and not as brittle. You can cut it with woodworking tools.
kingnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 2:22 PM   #377

kingnick wrote:
Quote:
Chincha,

I think what you call acrilic is known by the brand name plexiglass here in the US. This is very hard to cut and brittle. Look for what we call lexan which is a brand name of polycarbonate sheet. It's a lot easier to work and not as brittle. You can cut it with woodworking tools.
Thanks for the advise. I`ll search for the polycarbonate sheet
Old May 19, 2005, 2:27 PM   #378

I have had a look... best price i can get original canon tray for is 14quid each includeing VAT.

Alex
_Alex_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 2:54 PM   #379

Alex would you be willing to ship or mailme one to the united states?Is 14 quid about 25.66 USD ?

Thanks again................

paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19, 2005, 6:11 PM   #380

i have one extra tray, i dont know how many canon will give me before they catch on, its on ebay under item number 6770823254

or clicky: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...tem=6770823254

happy bidding!
_Alex_ is offline   Reply With Quote