Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 23, 2005, 4:21 PM   #391

JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
I took an old R200 cd/dvd tray I had laying around and did some measurements. Looks to be about 2mm thick and the the other dimensions are just over the ip3000 dimensions. What this means is that we can use the R200 tray and just cut down to where we need it. The width is 135mm and the length is 295mm. The disc radious looks perfectly the same as the Ip3000. I think this is a go here and the tray can most easily be ordered from epson in the States.

I would hope so, since CDs & DVDs are pretty much a standard size :O

CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 9:33 PM   #392

Hmm, yeah whatever ur point is then ok. Moving along.. ......I cut mine down to the proper size and will test on my friends ip3000 .
JAXXBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 9:14 AM   #393

UPDATE: Works just dandy people !!!! Get urself a tray from epson and just sand it or use an exacto knife and take off a bit here and there and u have a perfect cannon tray.!!!!:|
Old May 24, 2005, 10:18 AM   #394

JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
UPDATE: Works just dandy people !!!! Get urself a tray from epson and just sand it or use an exacto knife and take off a bit here and there and u have a perfect cannon tray.!!!!:|
jaxboss, Would you be more specific as to what you took off and where?

From what I see, you would have to shortentray front (to properly allign cd holder) is this correct? & then trim both sides equally? Then add the three frontreflectors (3 Epson reflectors are on back of CD, with one in front). What did you use for reflector material?

This would prove helpful to others.

Thanks
dishinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 10:21 AM   #395

Hi,

This posting is really long, and I came to it at the end. Can someone please email me the steps required to get my pixma 3000 to print the cd. I already have an r200 so I guess I could use that tray. Or if there is a way to make a homemade tray that would be cool too.

thanks
ecomajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 11:05 AM   #396

It would be easier for those to read the thread. yes, it is long, but wwill only get longer by posting the same stuff over and over again. I dont mean to sound harsh, but you all can read faster than posts can be made. As far as posting the steps taken on the r200/300 tray, its all there, go back a few pages and you can see the plan view. shave a little of each end, bevel it and you're in like flint. Not hard really.
Old May 24, 2005, 11:29 PM   #397

I'm glad that I have found this post. I have read from the begining 'till the end. I did every step to convert my iP3000 US to print direct cd/dvd label. The only thing I need to do now is the cd tray. I can see that some of you are success to use the cd tray from Epson R200. There are many of them on ebay and cost less than $10 shipped. I will pick up one.. and try to make it work.

Thank for those have spent time to make this work....
MDboyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 11:54 PM   #398

ecomajor wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

This posting is really long, and I came to it at the end. Can someone please email me the steps required to get my pixma 3000 to print the cd. I already have an r200 so I guess I could use that tray. Or if there is a way to make a homemade tray that would be cool too.

thanks
Buy the Epson if you don't want to read. I read all 20 pages and you don't see me asking questions.

If anyone wants to know I just bought my printer from Newegg.com for $62.00 ($.99 for shipping). The $62 is prior to the $20.00 rebate so it looks like a $42 printer. I am going to try to get the additional $50 since I have a Powershot Camera (I will just make my own receipt for the camera by modifying the html receipt from Newegg.) So if all goes well I get the printer for -$7.00
Kurto2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 1:51 PM   #399

Thats a good deal, but u could ahve bought it at staples then pricematched it, foe a total of $32.oo with coupons n such, but i digress.
Old May 27, 2005, 2:09 PM   #400

Just to let everyone know, I am aware of this thread and I am already have 30 of these Canon CD trays on order at the moment. They are backordered, and I have had them on backordered for over a month. I was referred to this site, by John C via email. I call Canon on a weekly basis to get updates, if you want, you can email me at kiyi@"NoSpammola"bellsouth.net Remove the NoSpammola, if you want me to hold1for you. I am not expecting payment in advance etc.

I will let you know when I get them in and will place them on my website or ebay. Whichever is more secure for you. My ebay user name is chousden just in case you want to look up my feedback.
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote