Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 31, 2005, 12:52 AM   #411

Modifying a Epson tray sure does seem to be a bit of a hassle....
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 1:01 AM   #412

chousden -

email sent regarding the oem canon trays.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 1:03 AM   #413

TVUONGPHAM wrote:
Quote:
Modifying a Epson tray sure does seem to be a bit of a hassle....
What cutting off 2mm from either side and just a tad from the front? Easier than using cardboard or plastic plus you get the nice CD holder and adapter for for mini/card CDs. Plus they are totally free for epson owners, just phone them up with your serial number and address and they'll ship you one. I know I would have rather spent $20 on an offical tray and not muck around with my dremmel, but I have NO clue where to order them from.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 8:07 AM   #414

I went through this and it said to find out how to change the eeprom settngs via google but i can't find it. Please help. I went through the entire message board from 1-21. If it was posted then it wasn't clearly mentioned. I'm sure I'm not the only one having the problem. Thanks a million guys.
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 9:15 AM   #415

Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
I went through this and it said to find out how to change the eeprom settngs via google but i can't find it. Please help. I went through the entire message board from 1-21. If it was posted then it wasn't clearly mentioned. I'm sure I'm not the only one having the problem. Thanks a million guys.
Here is a summary of service mode.
If you can't find the (google) the canon service manual and parse it out...

http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_...316150#p316150
Old May 31, 2005, 10:39 AM   #416

TVUONGPHAM wrote:
Quote:
Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
Here is a summary of service mode.
If you can't find the (google) the canon service manual and parse it out...

http://stevesforums.com/forums/view_...316150#p316150
I have the IP5000, how do I go about fixing that? Someone should post it in details along with a link for the drivers. This will really help the non tech savy too.
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 11:39 AM   #417

Obitron64 wrote:

Quote:

I have the IP5000, how do I go about fixing that? Someone should post it in details along with a link for the drivers. This will really help the non tech savy too.
From what i understand. the IP5000 "should" be the same.
Your mileage may vary.

I don't have the service manual for the IP5000 to verify.
AS from what I can gather, other posters on this forum are using the same procedure to reprogram their IP3000.

good luck
This procedure doesn't harm your printer
Old May 31, 2005, 1:10 PM   #418

TVUONGPHAM wrote:
Quote:
Obitron64 wrote:

Quote:
From what i understand. the IP5000 "should" be the same.
Your mileage may vary.

I don't have the service manual for the IP5000 to verify.
AS from what I can gather, other posters on this forum are using the same procedure to reprogram their IP3000.

good luck
This procedure doesn't harm your printer
I can personaly verify that the service menu procedure for setting the printer's destination works for my IP3000. Don't have the ip5000 to test. I imagine you "could" go to office depot and test it. I can't remember if I wrote down the menu option for testing CDr printing. It's [resume]x7 [power]x1 from the main menu.

As far as posting a link to the drivers and such, i'm presently working on creating something resembling a faq in 7 parts. It's not about being tech savy or not, the thread while very helpful isn't too organized. The drivers them selves can for the most part be downloaded from any country that isn't America, but the cd-labelprint is harder to find.

Information I don't have:

1. How to replace the powersupply.
2. Which models include auto switching power supplies and how does one identify them
3. How to exit service mode. I don't know what I pressed, I think it was [power]x2 but I can't remember and it's not clear in the service manual.
4. Contact information for ordering the tray in other countries. Do you need a serial number to order parts if your not a dealer?
5. How to read the service menu printouts, specificly to see from the printout if cdr is enabled, or if a4 or letter is selected.
6. If ordering from overseas, does one have to pay duty on the printer, if so how much?

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 1:38 PM   #419

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Information I don't have:

2. Which models include auto switching power supplies and how does one identify them
3. How to exit service mode. I don't know what I pressed, I think it was [power]x2 but I can't remember and it's not clear in the service manual.
4. Contact information for ordering the tray in other countries. Do you need a serial number to order parts if your not a dealer?
5. How to read the service menu printouts, specificly to see from the printout if cdr is enabled, or if a4 or letter is selected.
6. If ordering from overseas, does one have to pay duty on the printer, if so how much?

I don't know exactly but from what I do know... it is snap in, snap out procedure - literally. The internal power supply. I bought the US model so didn't have to deal with the powersupply.

2. Which models include auto switching power supplies and how does one identify them?
-- huh??

from the service manual:
>> After the function (menu) is selected, press the power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automaticlly.)>>
Also:
<<After setting the destination, confirm the model name in service test print or EEPROM information print. See 3,4 Verification itmes, (1) Service test print (2) EEPROM information print.

Don't know. To date that part isn't available in the USA.

<<The Service Test print will print a Destination Model Name in the EEPROM information content>>
However the first time I did this I didn't see the CDR Tray option in my driver. ( I loaded the english non US drivers)
IMMEDIATELY after I reset the destination settings for "Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (LTR): iP4000 (LTR). The driver reported a CDR Tray was available in the paper setup options dialogue box.)
A bit of trial and error.

Ordering overseas, is cost prohibitive for me.

I hope that helps.
Old May 31, 2005, 2:41 PM   #420

where is the good scan of the actual cd tray with the ruler next to it?

I am unable to find it on this thread, but I'm sure I just haven't spent enough hours looking! thanks

Just picked up an ip4000 yesterday for $50 AR, looking forward to getting this mod done even though I don't have any CD's or DVD's I need to print on yet. It will be fun getting it to work.

Andrew
swiharta is offline   Reply With Quote