Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 31, 2005, 3:15 PM   #421

TVUONGPHAM wrote:
Quote:
<snip>

2. Which models include auto switching power supplies and how does one identify them?
-- huh??

3. How to exit service mode. I don't know what I pressed, I think it was [power]x2 but I can't remember and it's not clear in the service manual.

from the service manual:
>> After the function (menu) is selected, press the power button. The LED lights in green, and the selected function is performed. (When the operation completes, the printer returns to the menu selection mode automaticlly.)>>
Also:
<<After setting the destination, confirm the model name in service test print or EEPROM information print. See 3,4 Verification itmes, (1) Service test print (2) EEPROM information print.

4. Contact information for ordering the tray in other countries. Do you need a serial number to order parts if your not a dealer?

Don't know. To date that part isn't available in the USA.

5. How to read the service menu printouts, specificly to see from the printout if cdr is enabled, or if a4 or letter is selected.
<<The Service Test print will print a Destination Model Name in the EEPROM information content>>
However the first time I did this I didn't see the CDR Tray option in my driver. ( I loaded the english non US drivers)
IMMEDIATELY after I reset the destination settings for "Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (LTR): iP4000 (LTR). The driver reported a CDR Tray was available in the paper setup options dialogue box.)
A bit of trial and error.

Thanks for the help, your info will be added.

Regarding auto switching power supplies it's been sugested ordering from expansys.com includes a UK to USA plug adapter, and its also been sugested that it works out of the box without either a stepup transformer or replacement power supply.

[arklab] - user who said the UK printer worked without US power supply
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v..._id=40&page=11
My Yamakawa DVD player for example, a sub $50 unit, includes an auto switching power supply that will work at 240v 50hz, 120v 60hz, and even 120v 50hz in the event you live on the wrong side of Toyoko.

Regarding tray ordering, I'm aware canon-usa doesn't carry the part. However many of us have friends overseas, my self I have a friend in Finland, and two friends of mine have family in Japan and Hong Kong. I'd like to document who to call/e-mail to order the tray for my benifit and others.

Regarding the Service menu... I read the same thing you did. It's very clear that you always return to the main menu, but it's not clear how to get out of the main menu and back to printer mode.

If you are anyone else can answer these remaining questions it will be added to the thing that resembles a faq.

swiharta, the good scan with the ruler next to it is
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...m_id=40&page=7
or the image alone is
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=11413
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 3:59 PM   #422

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
...[snip]

Regarding auto switching power supplies it's been sugested ordering from expansys.com includes a UK to USA plug adapter, and its also been sugested that it works out of the box without either a stepup transformer or replacement power supply.

[arklab] - user who said the UK printer worked without US power supply
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v..._id=40&page=11
My Yamakawa DVD player for example, a sub $50 unit, includes an auto switching power supply that will work at 240v 50hz, 120v 60hz, and even 120v 50hz in the event you live on the wrong side of Toyoko.

Regarding tray ordering, I'm aware canon-usa doesn't carry the part. However many of us have friends overseas, my self I have a friend in Finland, and two friends of mine have family in Japan and Hong Kong. I'd like to document who to call/e-mail to order the tray for my benifit and others.

Regarding the Service menu... I read the same thing you did. It's very clear that you always return to the main menu, but it's not clear how to get out of the main menu and back to printer mode.

If you are anyone else can answer these remaining questions it will be added to the thing that resembles a faq.

swiharta, the good scan with the ruler next to it is
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...m_id=40&page=7
or the image alone is
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=11413

Power Supply
The US model has this power Supply:
AC Adapter: 100V-120V 50/60Hz (part # qk1-1093)

I don't have UK, or other NON- US info about the power supply.
1-800-OK-CANON
You can order the AC adapter, to be safe.
1. cheaper than a step down transformer
2. "safer" your mileage may vary.

and maybe the Powercord,
(Part # QH2-2725) 100v-120V

3. less bulk- same US power cord- no huge adapter sitting on the line. cleaner

--
As for getting out of service mode..
as soon as you have hit the correct (appropriate for what you are accessing in Service mode) X no. of times.. you must hit the Power Button, which will
1. confirm your selection
2. and return you to printing mode.

Hope that helps.

TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 4:11 PM   #423

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
The drivers them selves can for the most part be downloaded from any country that isn't America
I used the US driver and it has the CD tray option. I did change the region code on the printer first thing before I even hooked up the printer, so I am assuming that if you change the region of the printer initially then the CD that came with the printer should work.

Now if only I could get the tray to work a little better. It is printing but the CDs are not centered correctly.
Kurto2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 6:04 PM   #424

Anyone know of a UK site which sells all-in-ones' (MP760 or MP780)? I would like the capability to do print on CD/DVD, but wouold like an all-in-one. It looks to me like Expansys-UK only sells the standalone printer line.

I'd probably just get Epson (though I like Canon better), but they don't even make an all-in-one that prints to CD/DVD.
enigmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 6:06 PM   #425

enigmatic wrote:
Quote:
Anyone know of a UK site which sells all-in-ones' (MP760 or MP780)? I would like the capability to do print on CD/DVD, but wouold like an all-in-one. It looks to me like Expansys-UK only sells the standalone printer line.

I'd probably just get Epson (though I like Canon better), but they don't even make an all-in-one that prints to CD/DVD.
Expansys can special order, but their prices aren't the best...or most competitive.

TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 8:26 PM   #426

Kurto2021 wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
The drivers them selves can for the most part be downloaded from any country that isn't America
I used the US driver and it has the CD tray option. I did change the region code on the printer first thing before I even hooked up the printer, so I am assuming that if you change the region of the printer initially then the CD that came with the printer should work.

Now if only I could get the tray to work a little better. It is printing but the CDs are not centered correctly.
Kurto2021,

There is an option in the CD Labelprint software to adjust the printing area up/down and left/right. When you click on print CD. Thesettings are in the window that pops up and lets you select thequality. The settings stick even after you close the program. Soonce you get it centered you shouldn't have to change them.

To whom it may concern I'm feeling a little ADventurous tonight.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 8:26 PM   #427

it's earlier in this thread.:O
but here it is again (for all to see ..) i am not the one who scanned it. can't take credit for this.

peace
[a]
Attached Images

starno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 9:46 PM   #428

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
Its been asked, but thought I would ask again regarding the epson R200/300 cd/dvd tray? I have a couple sitting around here and wouldnt mind modifying one to the point of ruining it
I've had the ip3000 for 1/2 day. My Epson r200 is in the shop, and did modify a tray. I dremmeled off 2mm from the sides and cut the fore and aft within a couple millimeters. I didn't bother to taper the rear of the tray, kept it rectangular. I'm able to print with it somewhat. The Epson tray is slightly tapered in the front what seemed to be slightly more than 2mm, more like 2.5mm based on my ruler.

When the software asks me to insert the disc, I find I must manually push it in as it's trying to accept the tray. I don't know if the Epson plastic is too slick, too thin, or if there is an issue not having top rollers in the cd feeder. I have a 9mm opened wrench stuck in the cover close button so I can watch it feed. When i'm lucky and push it in the proper distance the aft rollers clamp down and it operates normally.

The output is slightly off center, but I suspect that is due to my reflectors being slightly off. The epson tray isn't flat and flush like the canon tray, and I've been placing the reflectors in the valleys raised up with scotch tape. My first attempt using spray paint (Kills oil based white primer and Chrome paint) didn't work, but I clearly placed them in the wrong spot.

In theory I'm getting a replacement tray via post for free from Epson.
One problem with your answer, Staples ships, so you dont have to get off ur butt and also I did this deal as well as many others. If you dont wanna do it then fine, dont do it. just trying to spread the love
JAXXBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 10:13 PM   #429

CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:
Kurto2021 wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:

Kurto2021,

There is an option in the CD Labelprint software to adjust the printing area up/down and left/right. When you click on print CD. Thesettings are in the window that pops up and lets you select thequality. The settings stick even after you close the program. Soonce you get it centered you shouldn't have to change them.

To whom it may concern I'm feeling a little ADventurous tonight.
ADventurous eh? Well Resqme !!
JAXXBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2005, 10:42 PM   #430

Has anyone tried to order a tray fromexpansys.com?

Since they import the printers, maybe they'd import the replacement parts.

soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote