Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old May 31, 2005, 11:03 PM   #431

My PSC950's scanner decided to kick the bucket. I'm having a bad printer week.

Oh just ordered up a mp760 from newegg. If anyone has a link to the service manual so I can change its destination like the ip3000/4000/5000 i'd be most happy. Otherwise, i'll have lots of fun.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:15 AM   #432

Anyone tried this with an ip5000?
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:13 AM   #433

OK, im going nuts here. Just got my us ip3000 and thought it would be easy geting this all ready to print ona disc, with the exception of the tray. But, im having a heck of a time with the software, eprom changes. Is it a MUST to change the eprom destination setting and if so, what setting doI use as far as the Japanese cdr ltr or A4 cd, blah blah, and then which software drivers should i use? Can the USA driver discone be used if the pc settings are changed to English-Uk or English Australia etc..

This is pretty bogling now. Ive read this sucker from start to finish and only have managed to print out the epron test page and eprom info page, but reading it is another story. ughhhh
JAXXBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:40 AM   #434

Yes, the IP5000 work the same way as the IP4000. Just when you choose Japan it will become IP5100!! :lol:
ToolsCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:51 AM   #435

JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
OK, im going nuts here. Just got my us ip3000 and thought it would be easy geting this all ready to print ona disc, with the exception of the tray. But, im having a heck of a time with the software, eprom changes. Is it a MUST to change the eprom destination setting and if so, what setting doI use as far as the Japanese cdr ltr or A4 cd, blah blah, and then which software drivers should i use? Can the USA driver discone be used if the pc settings are changed to English-Uk or English Australia etc..

This is pretty bogling now. Ive read this sucker from start to finish and only have managed to print out the epron test page and eprom info page, but reading it is another story. ughhhh

Non-Japan, Support CD printing, LTR (letter)

A4 refers to metric paper sizes

As a side note for others, do not have the inner door open when trying to enter service mode. That drove me nuts when I first did it.

CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:24 AM   #436

Thanks, but still missing somethinhg here. Im not seeing the option to use a cd/dvd anywhere. gabdamnit!!
Attached Images

Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:06 AM   #437

Well as I said before the only obvious difference I saw was before the change the ip4000 text was a blue (cyan) color and after the destination change it was pink like your image shows the ip3000 text.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:25 AM   #438

Yeah,I am pretty sure I did the Eprom dest change right. Im thinking maybe my pc is still stuck on usa settings, but not sure what to do on that. Should i change the regional language settings to a specific country other than what i have (usa) ?
Old Jun 1, 2005, 11:56 AM   #439

JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, I am pretty sure I did the Eprom dest change right. Im thinking maybe my pc is still stuck on usa settings, but not sure what to do on that. Should i change the regional language settings to a specific country other than what i have (usa) ?
I would say check your registry
<start>[run]"regedit"<enter>

Navigate down the following fields

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Pr int\Printers\Canon PIXMA iPxxxx\PrinterDriverData
where iPxxxx = your printer
{alternativly one can [find] "CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH"}

Check to see if CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH = 1, and if not set it to 1.

-----

Or to test your sanity, you can (in theory) do a CD test print from the maintance mode. [resume]x7 [power]x1 I have not used CDr test print when I had my destination set to non-cdr support.

[CD-LabelPrint]
http://cmtw.canon.com.tw/service/dri...ctID3=00000227
[PDF cd printing manual]
http://www.canon.com.hk/myContent/Pr...00/CDR_ENG.pdf

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:19 PM   #440

What you want to run is the "service test print" not the EEPROM print.

This will show thatat the bottom left of the printed page "CDR SENSOR=OK" in not quite red color.

soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote