Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:20 PM   #441
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15
Default

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, I am pretty sure I did the Eprom dest change right. Im thinking maybe my pc is still stuck on usa settings, but not sure what to do on that. Should i change the regional language settings to a specific country other than what i have (usa) ?
I would say check your registry
<start>[run]"regedit"<enter>

Navigate down the following fields

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlPrintP rintersCanon PIXMA iPxxxxPrinterDriverData
where iPxxxx = your printer
{alternativly one can [find] "CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH"}

Check to see if CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH = 1, and if not set it to 1.

-----

Or to test your sanity, you can (in theory) do a CD test print from the maintance mode. [resume]x7 [power]x1 I have not used CDr test print when I had my destination set to non-cdr support.

[CD-LabelPrint]
http://cmtw.canon.com.tw/service/dri...ctID3=00000227
[PDF cd printing manual]
http://www.canon.com.hk/myContent/Pr...00/CDR_ENG.pdf
Bingo ! Im getting the cd print option now. I also did the print test wand did indeed get the red colored CDR sensor =ok:blah:. Thanks . Now on to the tray. lol
JAXXBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:22 PM   #442
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS Bingo ! Im getting the cd print option now. I also did the print test wand did indeed get the red colored CDR sensor =ok:blah:. Thanks . Now on to the tray. lol
Keep in mind that "CDR SENSOR" in red will display on printers regardless of the destination. And the option to print onto CDr will be there even even if your printer isn't set to support CDr.

The only sure fire test I know about is trying to print a CD. Either you'll get a diaglog box to hit "resume" to print, or you'll get a dialog box telling you it can't print because the inner cover is open. Try printing to a CDr even without the tray. If it asks you to close the inner door, clearly you need to set the destination. If it tries to print and fails you can safely assume it's ready to go.


zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 2:06 PM   #443
Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 85
Default

I overlapped four pages to show the difference for iP4000. The left two show the iP4000 in cyan when destination is Non Japan, not supporting CDR, LTR. The Right two show iP4000 in pink when destination is Non Japan, supporting CDR, LTR.
Attached Images
 
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 2:28 PM   #444
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 15
Default

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS Bingo ! Im getting the cd print option now. I also did the print test wand did indeed get the red colored CDR sensor =ok:blah:. Thanks . Now on to the tray. lol
Keep in mind that "CDR SENSOR" in red will display on printers regardless of the destination. And the option to print onto CDr will be there even even if your printer isn't set to support CDr.

The only sure fire test I know about is trying to print a CD. Either you'll get a diaglog box to hit "resume" to print, or you'll get a dialog box telling you it can't print because the inner cover is open. Try printing to a CDr even without the tray. If it asks you to close the inner door, clearly you need to set the destination. If it tries to print and fails you can safely assume it's ready to go.

lol. I thought I actually had it ready to go.!! DAGnabit. I even got phone help to set it. LOL. I will get this yet !!

Printing cannot be executed because the Inner Cover is open.
Close the Inner Cover, and then press the RESUME button on the printer. Printing will restart.



EDIT: A Re-boot works wonders. Got the error message I wanted to get this time. It tried to print but couldnt. So, now, all is on track. re boot reboot reboot.
JAXXBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 3:25 PM   #445
Member
 
soundforbjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
Default

Now we need to find a "resonably priced" source for Canon CD trays here in the U.S. I have someone working on it, but he says all the sources he's tried so far won't sell to him (guess they're afraid of Canon's "wrath"). I can order one from a friend in the UK, but it's still going to cost me $38 if I decide to do so. There must be a way to get these cheaper. It's a hunk of plastic for God's sake!! Sorry...had to vent.
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 3:56 PM   #446
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 53
Default

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
My PSC950's scanner decided to kick the bucket. I'm having a bad printer week.

Oh just ordered up a mp760 from newegg. If anyone has a link to the service manual so I can change its destination like the ip3000/4000/5000 i'd be most happy. Otherwise, i'll have lots of fun.
I believe you will find that the 760 has the same print engine as iP4000.
dishinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:04 PM   #447
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12
Default

can someone writeup a full faq for the ip5000 with step by step instructions? I tried to do this and now my printer won't even be acknowledge by windows anymore... argh!!
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:07 PM   #448
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 12
Default

CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
OK, im going nuts here. Just got my us ip3000 and thought it would be easy geting this all ready to print ona disc, with the exception of the tray. But, im having a heck of a time with the software, eprom changes. Is it a MUST to change the eprom destination setting and if so, what setting doI use as far as the Japanese cdr ltr or A4 cd, blah blah, and then which software drivers should i use? Can the USA driver discone be used if the pc settings are changed to English-Uk or English Australia etc..



This is pretty bogling now. Ive read this sucker from start to finish and only have managed to print out the epron test page and eprom info page, but reading it is another story. ughhhh


Non-Japan, Support CD printing, LTR (letter)

A4 refers to metric paper sizes



As a side note for others, do not have the inner door open when trying to enter service mode. That drove me nuts when I first did it.


Do we choose Japan or Non-Japan, Support CD Printing, LTR? I'm Italian.
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:13 PM   #449
Member
 
soundforbjt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 37
Default

Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
OK, im going nuts here. Just got my us ip3000 and thought it would be easy geting this all ready to print ona disc, with the exception of the tray. But, im having a heck of a time with the software, eprom changes. Is it a MUST to change the eprom destination setting and if so, what setting doI use as far as the Japanese cdr ltr or A4 cd, blah blah, and then which software drivers should i use? Can the USA driver discone be used if the pc settings are changed to English-Uk or English Australia etc..



This is pretty bogling now. Ive read this sucker from start to finish and only have managed to print out the epron test page and eprom info page, but reading it is another story. ughhhh


Non-Japan, Support CD printing, LTR (letter)

A4 refers to metric paper sizes



As a side note for others, do not have the inner door open when trying to enter service mode. That drove me nuts when I first did it.


Do we choose Japan or Non-Japan, Support CD Printing, LTR? I'm Italian.
Quote:
Are you in the U.S.? If so chose Non-Japan, Support CD Printing, LTR
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:25 PM   #450
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
Do we choose Japan or Non-Japan, Support CD Printing, LTR? I'm Italian.
That depends. Do you buy A4 (210mm × 297mm) paper or do you buy letter (216mm × 279mm) paper. Chances are LTR sized is only useful in America. Unless you are using our American odd ball size, i'd pick a4 with CD-r support.

1=IP4100 Japan CD-r Support
4=Not Japan CD-R support a4 paper
5=Not Japan CD-R support letter paper

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:23 AM.