Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:32 PM   #451

Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
OK, im going nuts here. Just got my us ip3000 and thought it would be easy geting this all ready to print ona disc, with the exception of the tray. But, im having a heck of a time with the software, eprom changes. Is it a MUST to change the eprom destination setting and if so, what setting doI use as far as the Japanese cdr ltr or A4 cd, blah blah, and then which software drivers should i use? Can the USA driver discone be used if the pc settings are changed to English-Uk or English Australia etc..

This is pretty bogling now. Ive read this sucker from start to finish and only have managed to print out the epron test page and eprom info page, but reading it is another story. ughhhh

Non-Japan, Support CD printing, LTR (letter)

A4 refers to metric paper sizes

As a side note for others, do not have the inner door open when trying to enter service mode. That drove me nuts when I first did it.

Do we choose Japan or Non-Japan, Support CD Printing, LTR? I'm Italian.

Choose : Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (LTR): iP4000 (LTR)

if youuse letter size paper

Choose: Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (A4): iP4000

if you use A4 size paper

CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 4:49 PM   #452

da dove sei? Si abita en Italia non ce bisogno afre questa cosi perche ce sono tutti la en tua citta. e vero no?
JAXXBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 5:11 PM   #453

CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:
Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
CanonFodder wrote:
Quote:
JAXXBOSS wrote:
Quote:
OK, im going nuts here. Just got my us ip3000 and thought it would be easy geting this all ready to print ona disc, with the exception of the tray. But, im having a heck of a time with the software, eprom changes. Is it a MUST to change the eprom destination setting and if so, what setting doI use as far as the Japanese cdr ltr or A4 cd, blah blah, and then which software drivers should i use? Can the USA driver discone be used if the pc settings are changed to English-Uk or English Australia etc..

This is pretty bogling now. Ive read this sucker from start to finish and only have managed to print out the epron test page and eprom info page, but reading it is another story. ughhhh

Non-Japan, Support CD printing, LTR (letter)

A4 refers to metric paper sizes

As a side note for others, do not have the inner door open when trying to enter service mode. That drove me nuts when I first did it.

Do we choose Japan or Non-Japan, Support CD Printing, LTR? I'm Italian.

Choose : Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (LTR): iP4000 (LTR)

if youuse letter size paper

Choose: Other than Japan, support of CD-R printing (A4): iP4000

if you use A4 size paper

I have the iP5000 printer and where do I get the drivers from again because my computer is not recognizing the printer. Can someone rewrite how to do this because i'm feeling very stupid not being able to do this.
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:01 PM   #454

Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
I have the iP5000 printer and where do I get the drivers from again because my computer is not recognizing the printer. Can someone rewrite how to do this because i'm feeling very stupid not being able to do this.
To exit service mode and conferm your entry, press "power".
I hit this problem because it wasn't clear in the manual where it said "hit power to conferm your new settings". They mean after you hit [resume]x times and then [power] to then hit [power] once again to exit service mode and return to printer mode.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 6:48 PM   #455

I did that and still nothing. Can someone rewrite the step by step for a dummy like me?
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 7:07 PM   #456

Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
I did that and still nothing. Can someone rewrite the step by step for a dummy like me?
I'm just about finished with a document that includes all the information posted here over the past few months.

I'll copy and paste section 4, might as well test to see if someone can read it.

[4]Settings Printer's Destination – enabling CDr printing

*eugene3838 Submitted a link to the Service manual.
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Canon_22.html

Enclosed in "iP4000 service manual" page 1 – 15 are instructions on how to set the printer's destination setting.
  1. -Make sure printer is off and is plugged in
  2. -Hold down [RESUME] (Triangle pointed down) hold down [POWER] and wait.
  3. -Release [RESUME] but Continue to hold [POWER]. Double click [RESUME]. Release [POWER].
  4. -Check to see you are in service mode by clicking [RESUME], than [POWER]. This should cause the printer to print a simple diagnostic that'll list it's ROM number and list CDR SENSOR=OK in red for the last line, whether the printer is set to US or not. pressing [RESUME] twice then [POWER] will print the ROM info. Note the color of "iPxxx (LTR) V1.xx". Non-CDR support should be cyan. Keep this sheet to compare to the one after the you change the settings.
  5. -Click the [RESUME] 5 times then click [POWER]. This is the Destination setting option. [orange]
  6. -Pick a destination. Press [RESUME] this many times to pick one.
    - 1 times IP4100 Japan
    - 2 times Not Japan no CD-r support a4 paper
    - 3 times Not Japan No CD-R support letter paper
    - 4 times Not Japan CD-R support a4 paper
    - 5 times Not Japan CD-R support letter paper
    - 6 times you wish to abort and get back to the first menu
  7. -Press [POWER] to make the choice.
  8. -Press [RESUME] then [POWER] again. This should cause the same test with ROM information but this time the "iPxxx (LTR) V1.xx" should be pink.
You may press [RESUME] 7 times (Green) then [POWER] to do a CD-R test print

**CanonFodder adds "the iP4000 in cyan when destination is Non Japan, not supporting CDR, LTR" and "The Right two show iP4000 in pink when destination is Non Japan, supporting CDR, LTR" http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=26626

***To confirm the new settings and return to printing mode press [POWER].TVUONGPHAM

****JAXXBOSS says, "A Re-boot works wonders. Got the error message I wanted to get this time. It tried to print but couldnt. So, now, all is on track. re boot reboot reboot."

*http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...303926#p303926
**http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...318639#p318639
***http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...317955#p317955
****http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...318611#p318611[align=right][/align][align=right][/align]
Old Jun 1, 2005, 8:14 PM   #457

HELP!!!

I thought I had it all figured out but alas the print outs are not perfect yet.

My printouts are not quite right. Is there a way to adjust it in the canon software to tell it to shift the print down a littel bit? Below are some pictures of my tray and the results.

http://homepage.mac.com/owensk/Ebay_...toAlbum31.html

To save bandwidth on the page I will just link you to the page
Kurto2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 9:34 PM   #458

zakezuke - section 4 looks good but I am getting a lot of wierd charaters.

Not sure what symbol you are trying to use but it is not working on my mac (osx panther).

This is the symbol that is not working for me=> ?

Anyone else have this problem?

Good job btw. I cannot wait for the full writeup. Now if we can get a reliable cheap supplier for the trays we would be in business!
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:46 PM   #459

weapon wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke - section 4 looks good but I am getting a lot of wierd charaters.

Not sure what symbol you are trying to use but it is not working on my mac (osx panther).

This is the symbol that is not working for me=> �?

Anyone else have this problem?

Good job btw. I cannot wait for the full writeup. Now if we can get a reliable cheap supplier for the trays we would be in business!
You'll have to quote me where this => ?? is... all I see from you is equal sign, greater than, and double question mark. I'm on mozilla and the numerical list well, has an extra line to it. In fact I added a dash after each number because otherwise under mozilla
1. I
t would look like this.

Either use of this site's psudeo-html is bugging things up, or panther is choking on my "fancy open and close quotes".
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:57 PM   #460

that is it... the fancy quotes are messed up! In the final I would just stick to basics.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote