Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 5, 2005, 9:04 PM   #481

Please help!!! i made my Cd TRay with a black polycarbonate sheet. I made all the registry a EEPROM things and it works!!! The problems is that when I print the tray is pulled in, the printer calibrates as if it's going to print but the tray is pulled out with the Cd unprinted. I read the all the post but found no one with this probblem. HELP ME!!!!!
chincha5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5, 2005, 10:15 PM   #482

chincha5 wrote:
Quote:
Please help!!! i made my Cd TRay with a black polycarbonate sheet. I made all the registry a EEPROM things and it works!!! The problems is that when I print the tray is pulled in, the printer calibrates as if it's going to print but the tray is pulled out with the Cd unprinted. I read the all the post but found no one with this probblem. HELP ME!!!!!
I'm still working on writing something on that subject. I had the same problem when I baised my alignment reflector location on the first diagram, the one that lists 5.25mm, 18.75mm, and 9.75mm.

fig-1

See if you're able to pop open the cover and keep the cover lid button depressed. I used a 3/8 inch opened wrench to this end. The disk goes in and the head does a side to side scan. After this the head stays still and the disc moves outwards where it either stops when it sees the 2nd alignment mark and does a side to side scan, or rejects the tray if it doesn't see the second mark. See fig-1D.

Also I'm suffering the same symptoms on my mp760, but in it's case after the disc scan, the light doesn't go on and claims it can't detect a disc, but i've not come close to resolve that.

I say check your alignment marks, not seeing the indicated mark will result in no second side to side scan and rejected tray.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:02 AM   #483

Thanks por the responde I will check the marks.
chincha5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:40 AM   #484

I'm also suffering the same symptoms
juster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:33 AM   #485

juster wrote:
Quote:
I'm also suffering the same symptoms
Which diagram did you use for reflector location.
This one or http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...6168"]this one.

The first link, the one by superclo is incorrect.
The second marked "proposed reflector measurments" I corrected the location based on the image of the tray with a ruler. It's close, very close. So close that if it's off center you can make adjustments.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:56 AM   #486

Iam new here, if I understand correctly, you can buy an American version of the Canon ip3000/ip4000/ip5000 and make it to accept cd/dvd tray and print on printables the same as a European version?

And another question are the cd/dvd trays of these 3 models the same? I may find some trays.
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:12 PM   #487

I just bought a new IP3000 last week and would like to print on cd/dvd too.

This forum has done a great job in locating the manuals, software, and instructions to set the destination, so the only thing left is to get the hardware. To do this right, you need 3 parts:

- CD/DVD tray
- CDR tray base unit (this is the front cover with guides/rollers for the tray)
- 8 cm adapter for pocket size media

Looking for sources I found just the tray on eBay for $36 + about $12 S/H, which is a bit steep, since I only paid $35 for the printer (after rebate). It turns out that all 3 parts can be ordered for about $14 (incl. tax) overseas, but I have to get them shipped to my friends in Europe, and they have to ship them to me then, so with the sales tax and S/H alltogether it still ends up costing me at least $45.

If I order several kits at once, the cost per set drops to about $24. So I'm wondering how many people would be interested in buying the 3 parts listed above for $30 or less, including shipping. It will take me about 3-4 weeks to get the parts, since they have to be ordered in Europe first, and then shipped to me in the US.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 1:00 PM   #488

howdy

i'm definitely interested.

i read the big thread, and in 2 moves, had the printer asking me to shove in the cd tray! 1. registry mod - 2. location mod via printer buttons.

thanx!
morebaconplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:09 PM   #489

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:

This forum has done a great job in locating the manuals, software, and instructions to set the destination, so the only thing left is to get the hardware. To do this right, you need 3 parts:

- CD/DVD tray

Looking for sources I found just the tray on eBay for $36 + about $12 S/H, which is a bit steep, since I only paid $35 for the printer (after rebate). It turns out that all 3 parts can be ordered for about $14 (incl. tax) overseas, but I have to get them shipped to my friends in Europe, and they have to ship them to me then, so with the sales tax and S/H alltogether it still ends up costing me at least $45.

If I order several kits at once, the cost per set drops to about $24. So I'm wondering how many people would be interested in buying the 3 parts listed above for $30 or less, including shipping. It will take me about 3-4 weeks to get the parts, since they have to be ordered in Europe first, and then shipped to me in the US.
Where do you see this part is needed" CDR tray base unit (this is the front cover with guides/rollers for the tray)"?

Is there a picture of it anywhere?
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:11 PM   #490

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:

- CD/DVD tray

Sorry...double post
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote