Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:20 PM   #491

Jonbgood

I have been folowing this thread and making the required changes to my IP5000. However I haven't tryed printing yet. I am waiting for a chance to get the real Canon tray and other parts. I would be interested in getting these parts for about $30. You can count me in on this deal if it goes through.
donrayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:33 PM   #492

Count me in on the deal for the canon parts if you can get them for that price.

THANKS...............
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:36 PM   #493

See the PIXMA iP4000 Parts Catalog for pictures and part numbers. It is clearly marked which parts are different for use with and without CDR printing. You can find this document at the following location, as mentioned earlier in this forum.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...ON_IP4000.html
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 2:40 PM   #494

jonbgood...i'm in for your $30 overseas deal.
daswunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:10 PM   #495

I am In for 3 sets at $30.00 each us.

Just let me know when and where to send the cash.

thanks
smokey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:29 PM   #496

I am in for 1 set for sure. let us know, where we can send you the money. Is Paypal good for you?
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 3:35 PM   #497

i'm in too
thanks
superclo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 4:21 PM   #498

Given the number of requests, and since the cd tray only just sold on eBay for $48 + about $12 S/H (item 6773631701), it looks like there's enough interest to give this a shot. I will see how many sets my friends in Europe can get their hands on. After all, the distributer there sells them directly to consumers as spare parts, so they might get a bit suspicious if someone orders a 100 or so units at once.

Once I have them, which may take 3-4 weeks, I will post here how to order. I think eBay Buy It Now may work best, so you can use PayPal and get it immediately for a fixed amount without having a bunch of other people jumping in and raising the price. As I mentioned earlier, I'm mainly interested in splitting the S/H costs with a bunch of people in this forum who saved me a lot of time by doing all the research, rather than trying to make a living out of this.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 4:23 PM   #499

I'd gladly pay $30 for an offical tray. I'd like to see if my mP760 rejects it like it does my Epson tray, which is odd as my iP3000 likes the Epson tray just fine.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 4:46 PM   #500

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
See the PIXMA iP4000 Parts Catalog for pictures and part numbers. It is clearly marked which parts are different for use with and without CDR printing. You can find this document at the following location, as mentioned earlier in this forum.

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...ON_IP4000.html
If you are referring to the part #QM2-1239-000 vs #QM2-1241-000, correct meif I'm mistaken, but isn't that just the same part with the blocking plastic part removed? I see noextra rollers in the picture.

I have found a source for the CD trays. When I getthem in, I will postinstructions hereon how they can be purchased. I should get them in 2 weeks.

Thanksto everyonefor all your work.

soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote