Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:30 PM   #501

Ok, now I've got a problem. I fixed my alignment issue (same that was mentioned last page, moving the one reflector over fixed it up nicely). I'm using a modified Epson R200 tray in an IP4000 printer. What it does is it scans fine, detects all reflectors, then when it goes tomove the tray in you hear the guide-wheel spinning but the tray isn't moving (you just hear it grinding against the back of the tray). Is this a sign that the tray is too thick? Should I shave it down some? Otherwise it moves the tray fine, it only does this when the button part lifts up a little as it adjusts the head to start printing.

Or do I need to just give it a good shove?
kylek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 5:41 PM   #502

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
I just bought a new IP3000 last week and would like to print on cd/dvd too.

This forum has done a great job in locating the manuals, software, and instructions to set the destination, so the only thing left is to get the hardware. To do this right, you need 3 parts:

- CD/DVD tray
- CDR tray base unit (this is the front cover with guides/rollers for the tray)
- 8 cm adapter for pocket size media

Looking for sources I found just the tray on eBay for $36 + about $12 S/H, which is a bit steep, since I only paid $35 for the printer (after rebate). It turns out that all 3 parts can be ordered for about $14 (incl. tax) overseas, but I have to get them shipped to my friends in Europe, and they have to ship them to me then, so with the sales tax and S/H alltogether it still ends up costing me at least $45.

If I order several kits at once, the cost per set drops to about $24. So I'm wondering how many people would be interested in buying the 3 parts listed above for $30 or less, including shipping. It will take me about 3-4 weeks to get the parts, since they have to be ordered in Europe first, and then shipped to me in the US.
You don't NEED the front assembly, since when you have the original tray (I do) and a modified printer. US model.

The front rollers will facilitate the pickup of the tray, but without it.. you just push it in forwards.. the motor and sensors will move the tray back and forth to align it with the foil reflectors and CD media.

Presto perfect prints!

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...320690#p320690

Here is proof.
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 6:19 PM   #503

kylek29 wrote:
Quote:
Ok, now I've got a problem. I fixed my alignment issue (same that was mentioned last page, moving the one reflector over fixed it up nicely). I'm using a modified Epson R200 tray in an IP4000 printer. What it does is it scans fine, detects all reflectors, then when it goes to move the tray in you hear the guide-wheel spinning but the tray isn't moving (you just hear it grinding against the back of the tray). Is this a sign that the tray is too thick? Should I shave it down some? Otherwise it moves the tray fine, it only does this when the button part lifts up a little as it adjusts the head to start printing.

Or do I need to just give it a good shove?
Is the distance between cd edge and front of tray about 33mm. I measure mine as 34mm.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=26415

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 6:28 PM   #504

TVUONGPHAM wrote:

Quote:
You don't NEED the front assembly, since when you have the original tray (I do) and a modified printer. US model.

The front rollers will facilitate the pickup of the tray, but without it.. you just push it in forwards.. the motor and sensors will move the tray back and forth to align it with the foil reflectors and CD media.
Installing the correct front assembly (part # QM2-1239-000) will help guiding the tray without having to push it in. Besides, it's only € 1.99 without tax, about $3 with tax, so it won't add much to the cost of the kit, and it looks better than just having a bunch of holes after removing the blocking plastic part.

From the pictures I've seen, it looks like you could just replace that central part, instead of the whole inner cover. Someone mentioned it having a roller at the top, but it doesn't look like it does, probably just a guide to push the tray against the bottom rollers, especially given the price.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 7:39 PM   #505

So, why don't you guys tell us where do you find all these prices. What is the website?
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2005, 8:11 PM   #506

mantis wrote:
Quote:
So, why don't you guys tell us where do you find all these prices. What is the website?
Canon Netherlands has several links under "Service" to companies that sell spare parts. But unless you understand Dutch and know someone in the Netherlands, it's not going to do you any good, because they don't ship outside Europe, and only accept direct payment via a local bank transfer, no checks or credit cards.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 1:23 AM   #507

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
Once I have them, which may take 3-4 weeks, I will post here how to order. I think eBay Buy It Now may work best, so you can use PayPal and get it immediately for a fixed amount without having a bunch of other people jumping in and raising the price. As I mentioned earlier, I'm mainly interested in splitting the S/H costs with a bunch of people in this forum who saved me a lot of time by doing all the research, rather than trying to make a living out of this.
Please Please Please would you mind accept BidPay Money Order too? Because in some South America countries PayPal is not an option :angry:
Please Please Please
chincha5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 2:36 PM   #508

Quote:
Quote:

Is the distance between cd edge and front of tray about 33mm. I measure mine as 34mm.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=26415

I reshaped the front edge (it was a tad longer), but still get the same problem. Something pushes up from the bottom when it goes to do the actual printing (after all scans/alignment are complete) and jams the tray - not allowing it to be pushed (mechanically or by hand) into the machine the distance it needs to be so it starts printing about an inch from the tip of the near edge (so only about an edge of surface gets printed).

kylek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2005, 11:15 PM   #509

ok I understand the reason you are not telling us.

Any updates on the matter?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 9:20 AM   #510

why is it so quiet in here?