Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:28 AM   #511

mantis wrote:
Quote:
why is it so quiet in here?
I know we need to get our heads together and find these trays!
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:30 PM   #512

mantis wrote:
Quote:
Any updates on the matter?
I just got a reply back from Europe. The parts will be ordered tomorrow. The distributer quotes about 2 weeks delivery time to my contact over there. Then it takes another week or so to ship them to me in the US, so count on at least 3 weeks.

Once I have the parts, I will post here how to order, so you guys have first chance to get them.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:46 PM   #513

woo-hoo!!!

(as we say in the industry)

:-)

morebaconplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:53 PM   #514

I should have some trays available by the end of next week.
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 1:57 PM   #515

Has there been any success with the MP780 or MP760 yet?

I know a few have tried it and the problems appeared to be the same as some of the iPx000's - ie.Reflector positioning. Has anyone gotten past this?
rjwaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 2:50 PM   #516

Hmm, I tried another tray that I hand crafted to check if it was just my Epson tray not working and it too jams. It would seem as if the print-head is dropping too low. Is there a way to adjust the print-heads height? Or should I just return this for a new printer? Because at this point, it looks to be a defective piece of equipment.

kylek29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 8:19 PM   #517

rjwaldren wrote:
Quote:
Has there been any success with the MP780 or MP760 yet?

I know a few have tried it and the problems appeared to be the same as some of the iPx000's - ie. Reflector positioning. Has anyone gotten past this?
I have noted NO success on the mp760. The only revieling report was someone who ordered on from the UK, and it didn't work, but canon fixed it in one day. This leads me to suspect it's a settings issue rather than missing hardware such as a CD-R sensor. I.e. by default it won't work in the US even for a Euro model set to the US. This is pure speculation. Also... switching from United States to any place allows it to accept the tray, but doesn't detect the disc during the side to side scan. Sounds too easy.

I did a system data list print out and it's 5 pages of mostly undocumented binary switches. 50 8bit switches on page one SSSW, 30 switches under 10 and 10 decimal values. And 4 multi switches that look like they might be decimal. about 1/2 are clearly regarding telephone/fax related stuff. Because this is a multi fuction unit, and not all units have the same features, this will be a large pain in the tookus to resolve without a service manual which I for one can not find.

As it stands, it doesn't seem to detect the disk, or illuminate the alignment sensor. So either my tray is bad, the printer is still set to not print on discs, or there is no sensor to align the disc.

If you want to play with yours feel free to acces service mode. Menu Scan Copy Scan in that sequence.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 8:21 PM   #518

kylek29 wrote:
Quote:
Hmm, I tried another tray that I hand crafted to check if it was just my Epson tray not working and it too jams. It would seem as if the print-head is dropping too low. Is there a way to adjust the print-heads height? Or should I just return this for a new printer? Because at this point, it looks to be a defective piece of equipment.
If the height is equal to two CDs you should be cool. The Epson tray i'm using works "just" fine. What are you using to print? I used both the canon software which worked just fine if a tad lame, and the epson r200 cd software which prints very much off center by 4 inches, but on the right level.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2005, 9:36 PM   #519

Just wanted to post and say thanks to everyone that came up with this...read about this a few days ago, got my printer working the same day...Love the pics that were posted earlier of the black tray made from dvd covers...Made myself up a tray just like it and its printing like a champ!...

Thanks everyone!
twflint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2005, 12:13 AM   #520

Count me in... I would like to buy the tray!
Obitron64 is offline   Reply With Quote