Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 11, 2005, 2:02 PM   #531
IPA

The "CDR Tray Base Unit W/CDR" part number is QM2-1239-000, but it is not necessary. I'm thinking about trimming about 4-5mm off the bottom of the plastic cover you have to take off to insert the tray, so I can put it back on and make it look a little nicer. I've had absolutely no trouble printing without the "Base Unit".

Here's a scan of my modified Epson tray. It worked perfectly the first time I tried it. I didn't even have to adjust the image offsets at all. For the reflectors, I used the sticky foil cover on a new Gillette deoderant. It's already got enough adhesive, and it's very easy to work with.

IPA ... Real Beer
Attached Images

IPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 4:03 PM   #532

IPA wrote:
Quote:
The "CDR Tray Base Unit W/CDR" part number is QM2-1239-000, but it is not necessary. I'm thinking about trimming about 4-5mm off the bottom of the plastic cover you have to take off to insert the tray, so I can put it back on and make it look a little nicer. I've had absolutely no trouble printing without the "Base Unit".
Take a close look at the photo of the printer with CDR enabled on page 9 of this forum. There are two differences visible in the insert:

- A slot for the CD tray at the bottom
- A dark piece in each bottom corner

The purpose of the slot is obvious, and it looks like the dark pieces are guides that protrude through the square holes in the corners of the inner tray to push the CD tray against the bottom rollers. The rollers you see are not part of the base unit.

Installing the original base unit will help to properly align the tray and avoid having to push it in manually. It will also cover up all those ugly holes you see after removing the blocking piece. So I've ordered all 3 parts, also including the 8cm insert for printing mini CDs. Once I have them (about 3 weeks delivery time) I will post here how to order.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 4:28 PM   #533

jonbgood -

I will be waiting for a full report. I am a perfectionist and would like my printer to look as good as it works.

keep up the good work!
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 4:35 PM   #534

Jonbgood,

Would it be possible to get just theCD Tray base as I will have an original tray and have no need for the "mini" dvd/cd adapter?

soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 7:54 PM   #535

Zakezuke,

I saw the German site also, infact, I could swear that I came across the step by step procedure for changing the destination code of the MP760 or 780. But I can't find my way back, I don't remember the search string that actually hit what I wanted.

My only german skills are cut/paste to Babelfish and sometimes even that doesn't work very well.

rjwaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 8:21 PM   #536

rjwaldren wrote:
Quote:
I saw the German site also, infact, I could swear that I came across the step by step procedure for changing the destination code of the MP760 or 780. But I can't find my way back, I don't remember the search string that actually hit what I wanted.

My only german skills are cut/paste to Babelfish and sometimes even that doesn't work very well.
Tell me about it. I know a couple of words, and know a couple of sentances, using them as reference for syntax, and through the help of the fish can stumble around to find the correct spelling... perhaps not the correct word but hey I tried.

I can change the "operating country" just fine. That has an effect, as in it will accept the tray, but it will reject the tray as well. Unlike the ip3000 of line, after the side to side scan there is no illumination from the head looking for an alignment mark. This would subject the following.

1. There is a bit to enable the head sensor
2. There is no head sensor

Given the fact that one american user of an import complained about this and the problem was fixed in a day sugests the resolution is simple. Other European users have also complained about no cd printing, just rejecting the tray, also had their problems resolved very quickly.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2005, 11:11 PM   #537

jonbgood

good job, I am interested in all the parts too.
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:47 AM   #538

Thanklu Thanku Everyone Made my tray printed 4 diskes workes great
Attached Images

fishhers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 1:46 PM   #539

Anyone who is pretty good with the Canon photo print software want to help me with something?

The inner circle states that it can be as small as 17mm however you can only alter from the default value +/- 10mm and since the default value is 43 the smallest I can go is 33mm. How the hell do I change this value to be smaller for those disks that I have that allow me to print on the center ring?
Kurto2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2005, 4:43 PM   #540

Under File | Select Paper...

Create a NEW paper type with the size of the inner circle that you want. Use that paper, PRESTO! Hub Printable Disks!
kirky99 is offline   Reply With Quote