Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:02 PM   #541

I bought my IP4000 in December and I always wondered what that little pull down cover was for. Yesterday I was googling for CD printers and came across this forum. It all sounded a little confusing at first but the more I read the more I understood.

Today I changed the registry setting for the software, removed the blocking piece on the printer and set the region which nowprints out in pink instead of blue. I installed the CD-LabelPrint software and now the only thing left is to get a tray. :-)

I thought of using blackposter board and with spray adhesive stacking several sheets together to form a laminate of correct thickness. It might not be as sturdy as some of the other ways people have tried but I'll give it a shot.

BTW, I'm interested in getting those 3 parts from jonbgood. Unless I overlooked it I don't think he mentioned the price of the "kit." Anyways, I thank everybody in this threadwho helped to make all this possible. My googling for a CD printer stopped right here!

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:27 PM   #542

I's sure like to get my name on the list for a tray. Thanks!
jbrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:46 PM   #543

Oops double post
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 5:46 PM   #544

Here is the first auction for the 11 trays that came in out of the 30 I ordered from Canon. The reason I am doing the auction is, there were alot of people that sent me an email and I thought it would be the best way for everyone to have a chance. I can't believe how hard these trays are to get. It was very frustrating to me to try and get something (which in my opinion shouldn't be a big deal) like this. Alot of hoop jumping allowed me to get this much. I hope some of you benefit from these. Sorry I couldn't get one for everyone, I am still trying and will do so until I know there won't be anymore issues in obtaining them rapidly enough to have a active supply.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6777800939

I will list the next one tommorrow.
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:35 PM   #545

Thanks for having the auction. You should have a Buy Now feature on some of your next auctions. I'm ready to buy at least 2 now.

Also, your original auction says "Seller will pay shipping costs"...is this right, you'll pay??
daswunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 6:45 PM   #546

hey Jonbgood, what's the status of your order? I am very interested in getting one from you, because you have the base unit too. I can pay up front, if you can guranteee me one when they get here.
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2005, 8:41 PM   #547

Hey! Have been following this for a while as I received an IP6000D for Christmas and was curious about this. It was one of the first things I noticed when I looked at the Canons in the store. Has anyone tried this on the IP6000???
mill3156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:34 PM   #548

mantis wrote:
Quote:
hey Jonbgood, what's the status of your order? I am very interested in getting one from you, because you have the base unit too. I can pay up front, if you can guranteee me one when they get here.
The parts were ordered last week and should be delivered to my contact in The Netherlands by the end of next week. Shipping to the US will take another week, so I'm expecting to start selling them on eBay the 1st week of July. I will post the auction details here.

As I mentioned earlier, the price for the 3 piece kit will be around $30. The parts are actually not that expensive, but shipping twice, 19% European value added tax, and Euro to US $ conversion rate add up to a lot of overhead cost.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 1:56 PM   #549

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
The parts were ordered last week and should be delivered to my contact in The Netherlands by the end of next week. Shipping to the US will take another week, so I'm expecting to start selling them on eBay the 1st week of July. I will post the auction details here.

As I mentioned earlier, the price for the 3 piece kit will be around $30. The parts are actually not that expensive, but shipping twice, 19% European value added tax, and Euro to US $ conversion rate add up to a lot of overhead cost.
Hey jon. Will that be a buy it now price or auction? I have seen the tray go as high as fifty alone on ebay.

Are you going to take orders directly for users here on steve's? You would be able to skip all the ebay fees and take paypal directly. If so, I will gladly pay the $30 but I am not going to get in a bidding war on ebay.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2005, 2:08 PM   #550

weapon wrote:
Quote:
Hey jon. Will that be a buy it now price or auction? I have seen the tray go as high as fifty alone on ebay.

Are you going to take orders directly for users here on steve's? You would be able to skip all the ebay fees and take paypal directly. If so, I will gladly pay the $30 but I am not going to get in a bidding war on ebay.

I couldn't agree more....
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote