Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:11 PM   #631

When you say, "enable" the printer, do you mean just "install" it - the drivers? Whenyou say edit the registry, what and where exactly is the edit? What does it currently say and what does it need to be changed to? I've been in the registry in the past, but need to know where and what line to change.

-Thanks!
iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:18 PM   #632

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
When you say, "enable" the printer, do you mean just "install" it - the drivers? Whenyou say edit the registry, what and where exactly is the edit? What does it currently say and what does it need to be changed to? I've been in the registry in the past, but need to know where and what line to change.

-Thanks!
It's all in this thread somewhere. Oh, and here:
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=40
" HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Pr int\Printers\Canon PIXMA iPxxxx\PrinterDriverData
CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH=1
"
On my MP780 I went into service mode with menu-scan-copy-scan and poked around. most of it you want to ignore until someone discovers what it all means. but item 4 I think, or maybe 5, had some sort of "TYPE" or "mode" that I switched to "UK". Had to "reboot" the printer to make it work. Though... it still doesn't quite work..

I'm using the US drivers. Tried printing with Nero COverDesigner and with Canon's little CD LabelPrint thing. The software which prints it doesn't seem to be the issue. it's a driver and/or hardware/firmware issue still.. I think.
Wish we could figure this out soon so I can decide if I want to buy this super Costco pack of printable DVD-R's!!!
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:27 PM   #633

Here's where to get the service manual and how to change the Destination in the EEPROM.

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Obitron64 wrote:
Quote:
I did that and still nothing. Can someone rewrite the step by step for a dummy like me?
I'm just about finished with a document that includes all the information posted here over the past few months.

I'll copy and paste section 4, might as well test to see if someone can read it.

[4]Settings Printer's Destination – enabling CDr printing

*eugene3838 Submitted a link to the Service manual.
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Canon_22.html

Enclosed in "iP4000 service manual" page 1 – 15 are instructions on how to set the printer's destination setting.
  1. -Make sure printer is off and is plugged in
    [/*]
  2. -Hold down [RESUME] (Triangle pointed down) hold down [POWER] and wait.
    [/*]
  3. -Release [RESUME] but Continue to hold [POWER]. Double click [RESUME]. Release [POWER].
    [/*]
  4. -Check to see you are in service mode by clicking [RESUME], than [POWER]. This should cause the printer to print a simple diagnostic that'll list it's ROM number and list CDR SENSOR=OK in red for the last line, whether the printer is set to US or not. pressing [RESUME] twice then [POWER] will print the ROM info. Note the color of "iPxxx (LTR) V1.xx". Non-CDR support should be cyan. Keep this sheet to compare to the one after the you change the settings.
    [/*]
  5. -Click the [RESUME] 5 times then click [POWER]. This is the Destination setting option. [orange]
    [/*]
  6. -Pick a destination. Press [RESUME] this many times to pick one.
    - 1 times IP4100 Japan
    - 2 times Not Japan no CD-r support a4 paper
    - 3 times Not Japan No CD-R support letter paper
    - 4 times Not Japan CD-R support a4 paper
    - 5 times Not Japan CD-R support letter paper
    - 6 times you wish to abort and get back to the first menu
    [/*]
  7. -Press [POWER] to make the choice.
    [/*]
  8. -Press [RESUME] then [POWER] again. This should cause the same test with ROM information but this time the "iPxxx (LTR) V1.xx" should be pink.
You may press [RESUME] 7 times (Green) then [POWER] to do a CD-R test print

**CanonFodder adds "the iP4000 in cyan when destination is Non Japan, not supporting CDR, LTR" and "The Right two show iP4000 in pink when destination is Non Japan, supporting CDR, LTR" http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=26626

***To confirm the new settings and return to printing mode press [POWER].TVUONGPHAM

****JAXXBOSS says, "A Re-boot works wonders. Got the error message I wanted to get this time. It tried to print but couldnt. So, now, all is on track. re boot reboot reboot."

*http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...303926#p303926
**http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...318639#p318639
***http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...317955#p317955
****http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...318611#p318611[/*]
[align=right]
[/align]
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 1:33 PM   #634

soundforbjt - yep. Yeah I missed that. According to everyone else that does the trick... except for those of us with the MP models, which doesn't even have a resume button. heh.

Old Jun 21, 2005, 2:19 PM   #635

We'll keep working on it. I plan to get an MP780 myself. I had a MFP730 and loved it. I sold my 730 in my garage sale with a ton of BCI-3 ink, which for the fax all in one, it was fine. I really want the 780 though. The store that I work at has them now for $199 and using my store discount I should get a little more off. I'm thinking of getting the new Powershot S2 camera, which will qualify for the MIR and I'll get another $50 off. Since I have my European ip5000 (UK), I love the cd printing and am determined to make it work on dad's ip3000 (since I have a real tray and software, I won't rest until it works). Then I'll be able to use the cd-printing on my MP780!
Old Jun 21, 2005, 2:32 PM   #636

THIS IS COMING FOLKS, here' s the picture from Japan. 100, Count it, ONE HUNDRED YEAR Archival Quality! The BCI-7 series ink is coming! Just like Canon did with upgrading the BCI-5 to the 6 series ink, it will be a firmware update. It's called theChroma-Life100 series ink (BCI-7). It's still a dye-base (added Chrome particles), so it has the gamut and brilliance that dye has always given.
Attached Images

Old Jun 21, 2005, 3:08 PM   #637

Pshh.. Never fails. Course... that's probably exactly why stuff has gone on sale lately. Ah well. At least they're getting there. I can't complain with the few photo pics I've printed so far, except that the "special" black reflects differently and looks weird at an angle.

Still blows my epson away. So glad to be through with that BS fixed-printhead situation. Anyone want a cheap Epson 900 color?

Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:41 PM   #638

So the EPROM change here will work for my IP3000 (US)? I have seen a windows registry change noted on this thread as well; must I do that windows registry edit as well? I want to make sure I know everything that I have to do before I start.

Thanks,

iSAPS
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:53 PM   #639

I did the EPROM setting and thenchecked the registry setting to make sure it was enabled...It was.

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
So the EPROM change here will work for my IP3000 (US)? I have seen a windows registry change noted on this thread as well; must I do that windows registry edit as well? I want to make sure I know everything that I have to do before I start.

Thanks,

iSAPS
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 8:56 PM   #640

:blah:I read a lot of old sections to this thread. Does anyone still need a low resolution scan of the real cd/dvd tray? I am currently doing pictures for my neighbor and wouldn't mind scanning the whole tray and put it on here. Let me know. I think I'm going to try to EPROM and registry edit tomorrow. Wish me luck.

-iSAPPS