Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:08 PM   #641

Questions for those that have found a way to order the parts:

* What are the part numbers for:

- CD/DVD tray - QL2-0605-000 (correct?)

- CDR tray base unit (this is the front cover with guides/rollers for the tray)

- 8 cm adapter for pocket size media

(jonbgood? Since you already ordered maybe you could answer this)

* If I were to order these parts with a friend in china, Would these be the part numbers I use or are they different in other regions?
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 9:55 PM   #642

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
So the EPROM change here will work for my IP3000 (US)? I have seen a windows registry change noted on this thread as well; must I do that windows registry edit as well? I want to make sure I know everything that I have to do before I start.

Thanks,

iSAPS

http://pixma.cjb.net/

5 easy steps
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:12 PM   #643

weapon wrote:
Quote:
Questions for those that have found a way to order the parts:

* What are the part numbers for:
- CD/DVD tray - QL2-0605-000 (correct?)
- CDR tray base unit (this is the front cover with guides/rollers for the tray)
- 8 cm adapter for pocket size media

(jonbgood? Since you already ordered maybe you could answer this)

* If I were to order these parts with a friend in china, Would these be the part numbers I use or are they different in other regions?
The parts you need are:
- QL2-0605-000* *CDR Tray assembly
- QA4-1117-000* *8 cm CD-R adapter (CD Sub assembly)
- QM2-1239-000* CDR tray base unit

These are the part numbers in Europe and Japan, I'm pretty sure they're the same all over the world. I should have 10 sets available in the 1st week of July if all goes well. I may include a CD with the installation instructions, manuals and software, since this forum has grown so long now, that it takes the newbies forever to find all the information and download links.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:16 PM   #644

:evil: OMG OMG did you make this site? WOW, it's AWESOME. I wonder what the people at Canon would think if they knew about all the trouble we go through to do something that the US market does really want!
iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 10:49 PM   #645

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
:evil: OMG OMG did you make this site? WOW, it's AWESOME. I wonder what the people at Canon would think if they knew about all the trouble we go through to do something that the US market does really want!
Well, they might not care, after all they are selling the printer in the US without having to pay license to phillups. If they actually made more money on the CD versions they might care a little, really the printers are a loss product, the real money is in the ink. I trully don't know. The feature called me to buy their product and ditch the epson option, so in many ways they should be happy. :?
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2005, 11:54 PM   #646

:-) I agree. They make good money on with their units in the European and Asian markets. I love my UK ip5000 and didn't mind the extra few $$. And even though Epson does print on cd/dvd's here, I would have got the Canon US version if that UK one was not available to me. Canon's products and their printing technologies and track record that has been building now over the last 5 years has been outstanding! Working for Canon, I may be bias, but I can tell you, I am required to study the technologies used by Epson and HP and Canon ROCKS!
Old Jun 22, 2005, 12:24 AM   #647

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
They make good money on with their units in the European and Asian markets.
No, they probally sell those at a loss too esp considering that they have to pay the license fee to print on CDs. The real money is in the ink.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 2:17 AM   #648

:blah: The money is in the ink and branded paper for all of the printer companies. I work for Canon retail in the US and this funds much of their rep. program. Canon does have the lowest cost though with their ink compared to that of HP and Epson. Printer prices have come down a lot in the last 3 years and this was in response to the market being very competitive on price point.
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:06 PM   #649

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
I may include a CD with the installation instructions, manuals and software, since this forum has grown so long now, that it takes the newbies forever to find all the information and download links.
That would be a great idea. The thread is just too long and has too many off topic questions and responses. It would be only fair to the newbies.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:06 PM   #650

Thanks for that tutorial link, it's so much better than reading through the millions of pages of info here and trying to decifer what works or not. I followed the steps exactly and everything seems to work except that when I go to load CD-LabelPrint it gives me a message right away saying " a printer capable of printing cd could not be found" and it won't load. Has anyone run into this besides me, and what did I do wrong??

iP5000
WIN XP SP2

Thanks
sfxgeek is offline   Reply With Quote