Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:32 PM   #651

sfxgeek wrote:
Quote:
I followed the steps exactly and everything seems to work except that when I go to load CD-LabelPrint it gives me a message right away saying " a printer capable of printing cd could not be found" and it won't load.

Go back to http://pixma.cjb.netand click on cd-tray.reg in step 3. Click on "Run" and then "Yes" to enter the setting into your registry.

Should work. If not, make sure your printer is onthen reboot computer.
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:38 PM   #652

Also turn the printer OFF and back on.
IE: reboot everything before you're so sure it doesn't work.

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 1:57 PM   #653

I did the registry fix, and I also tried rebooting my pc, but I didn't try power cycling the printer. I will give that a try when I get home tonight. Thanks for the suggestions.
sfxgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:10 PM   #654

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AIT&rd=1

Next auction
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:17 PM   #655

Note that the registry file is set for the ip3000.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Pr int\Printers\Canon PIXMA iP3000\PrinterDriverData]"CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH"=dword:00000001

You may need to edit the file to set it to the correct printer before adding it to your own registry.
DaiButsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:51 PM   #656

DaiButsu wrote:
Quote:
Note that the registry file is set for the ip3000.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMControlSet001ControlPrintP rintersCanon PIXMA iP3000PrinterDriverData]"CnmFSI_CDRSWITCH"=dword:00000001

You may need to edit the file to set it to the correct printer before adding it to your own registry.

I'll fix that right away. :?

OK I created three seperate reg files.

Download the new one.

http://pixma.cjb.net

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 3:57 PM   #657

Tray available on ebayhttp://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6779177895&rd= 1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:05 PM   #658

Hi gang,

great forum. I also just bought an MP750, and I am wondering how to get it to print on CDs.

Has anyone made it all the way through? CPingN you seem to be the furthest along in the MP group, did you try non-US drivers?

Anyone knows if we need to mess around with the Firmware settings, how to do that, in the same way it is done in the IP printers?

Something about a manual in German also?

TIA,

Joe
Joe1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 5:34 PM   #659

Joe1970 wrote:
Quote:
Hi gang,

great forum. I also just bought an MP750, and I am wondering how to get it to print on CDs.

Has anyone made it all the way through? CPingN you seem to be the furthest along in the MP group, did you try non-US drivers?

Anyone knows if we need to mess around with the Firmware settings, how to do that, in the same way it is done in the IP printers?

Something about a manual in German also?
Ja ja... Ich habe ein Deutch Service-Manual handbuch aber ich bin Amerikanisch ausländer und verstehe kein Deutch. Wenn ich spreche Deutch , sagen Leute, "Gehen sie sitzen in der ecke und sind beschämt. Da druben schnel! " Dieses ist nicht gut! Nicht gut! Nicht gut!

As you can see I barely understand the syntax.

If you can read deutch happy to send it along. I have yet to muster up the engery to try to translate the relivent sections one word at a time.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 6:58 PM   #660

Haven't tried non-us drivers, no.
As for one word at a time... are you kidding?! Translate it at something like http://babelfish.altavista.com/ . There's also a firefox plugin, but I think all it does is sent the text to that link for you.
Problem I've seen is that when I tried to do that earlier, it goes most of the words, but the end result was far from readable. BUt we might be able to decifer SOMETHING. I'd do it right nwo but don't have time to back-search for the link, and these forums don't let you search within the current thread (or do they??).
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote