Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:20 PM   #661

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Ja ja... Ich habe ein Deutch Service-Manual handbuch aber ich bin Amerikanisch ausländer und verstehe kein Deutch. Wenn ich spreche Deutch , sagen Leute, "Gehen sie sitzen in der ecke und sind beschämt. Da druben schnel! " Dieses ist nicht gut! Nicht gut! Nicht gut!
The above translates:

I do not have a German service manual however I'm an American foreigner and understand German. If I speak German, people say, "He sits in that corner and is ashamed.It's over therefast!" This is not good! Not good! Not good!
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:31 PM   #662

CPingN wrote:
Quote:
Haven't tried non-us drivers, no.
As for one word at a time... are you kidding?! Translate it at something like http://babelfish.altavista.com/ . There's also a firefox plugin, but I think all it does is sent the text to that link for you.
Problem I've seen is that when I tried to do that earlier, it goes most of the words, but the end result was far from readable. BUt we might be able to decifer SOMETHING. I'd do it right nwo but don't have time to back-search for the link, and these forums don't let you search within the current thread (or do they??).
I've very familar with babelfish and translation-experts and a number of translation engines. This works for general conversations with simple syntax but very very poorly for technical documents. If you use babelfish to translate "sit on my face" you end up with the deutch equilivent of "sit on my clock". Needless to say I tried it and couldn't make heads nor tales of it.

And there is always the risk that either the bit for CD printing isn't documented, or the head sensor isn't installed. The problem with "head" is the angles meaning could be the thing on your sholders, the thing on top, the first one, the man in charge, the leader. Even something like radiator heizkörper could mean a house heater or the thing in your car you add water too. Something like transmission could be a phone call. Print is most interesting, ends up translating to pressure (as in a printing press).

Stupid Drucken, Scannen, Faxen, Kopieren, Kamera-Direktdruck und autom drunker
Stupid pressures, scanning, faxes, copying, camera direct pressure and autom more drunker

BCI-3eBk: 1500 Seiten, BCI-6Bk: 2000 Seiten Fliegenaffen (bei Druck des ISO/JIS-SCID N5 heiße Fliegenaffen)*2

BCI-3eBk: 1500 Sides, BCI-6Bk: 2000 Sides fly apes (with pressure of the ISO/JIS SCID N5 hot fly apes)*2

Even with the fish it's gotta be done by hand.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 7:38 PM   #663

LOL. yeah, ok. Oh well. BAH!!

I'd tend to believe the sensor isnt there except for the fact that the auto-head alignment worked just fine.... unless they have 2 different sensors

Anyone want to take a few screws loose and peep up at the underside of ... well it's not the printhead but whatever the printhead snaps into..?

C
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2005, 8:41 PM   #664

CPingN wrote:
Quote:
Anyone want to take a few screws loose and peep up at the underside of ... well it's not the printhead but whatever the printhead snaps into..?

C
Der machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur geverken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseenen keepen das cotten picken hands in das pockets, so relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.

It's not a few screws issue. It would be part of the carrage assembly and technicaly I would think that it would be screwless, and likely directly under that silver thingie, but the deutch manual isn't clear about it's removal, or it's not in a part I can easily search. I know it speaks about the sensor in relation to CD-R/DVD Drucken... where was it.

ah yes [going with literal / logical translation]

Probleme mit CD-R Druck (nur MP 780) - Der CD-R Schlitten wird nicht erkannt.
Problem with CD-R Print/printing/printout (only mp 780) - The CD-R toboggan/sled/carriage becomes not identified recognized.

1) Den CD-R-Schlitten entfernen und erneut einsetzen.
The CD-R toboggan expel/remove and once more/again put in/use/use by cows

2) Die Verbindung zwischen Schlitteneinheit und SPCNTKarte
(J HD1, J HD2) prüfen.
The club/alignance/interconnection between/among the transfer cable and ?SPCNTKarte? (J HD1, J HD2) test/examine/assay/audit/verify/scrutinise.

3) Die Schlitteneinheit ersetzen.
The transfer cable replace

4) Die SPCNT-Karte ersetzen.
The ?SPCNT-Karte? (a jumper on the circuit board by the battery?) replace

There is also other stuff i'm not all that positive about like
Upgrade des Flash-ROM auf der SPCNT-Karte (something map?)

which would sugest a rom issue?

Das System in den Servicemode schalten und unter #1SSW, SW29 [Bit 1] auf „1" setzen,
um den Schreibschutz des Flash-ROM zu entfernen.

Which tells ya there is a bit protecting form flash rom upgrade, and which one it is. Handy.

I think SPCNT is a reference to the circuit board, SPCNT-Karte(map) refers to the memory... i.e. clear the rom. J HD1-HD2 refers to the ribbon cable between the circuit board and the carrage.

Old Jun 23, 2005, 1:22 AM   #665

Quote:
4) Die SPCNT-Karte ersetzen.
The ?SPCNT-Karte? (a jumper on the circuit board by the battery?) replace

There is also other stuff i'm not all that positive about like
Upgrade des Flash-ROM auf der SPCNT-Karte (something map?)

which would sugest a rom issue?

Das System in den Servicemode schalten und unter #1SSW, SW29 [Bit 1] auf „1" setzen,
um den Schreibschutz des Flash-ROM zu entfernen.
So there MAY be a jumper to move, and I've seen these registers so maybe I'll try changing SW29. But.. not now. too late. zzzz
Old Jun 23, 2005, 1:48 AM   #666

Quote:
So there MAY be a jumper to move, and I've seen these registers so maybe I'll try changing SW29. But.. not now. too late. zzzz
no, well, if i'm understanding this correctly, and the jumper next to the battery, that resets the printer to factory parameters and you have to manualy enter in alot of data. There is an option in service mode under print to print off your sssws so this information isn't totally lost, but I wouldn't without a complete set.

Old Jun 23, 2005, 1:50 AM   #667

oh even better. So you're saying there's more than that one bit to switch? cuz if that's the only one it mentions, I'll get up right now and try it!
Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:16 AM   #668

CPingN wrote:
Quote:
oh even better. So you're saying there's more than that one bit to switch? cuz if that's the only one it mentions, I'll get up right now and try it!
There are are 45+ soft switches 30 printer soft switches 30 special switches all in the syntax 0000 0000 to 1111 1111 where each bit has it's own value. This isn't counting the decimal paramaters that would really tweek with fax modem operation. The soft switch I just spoke about is something that prevents you from updating the flash rom, and the jumper I believe would clear 7 pages of information and put you in a state that would require you to know something that is basicly encoded in a way no human could understand. I believe, if i'm understanding correctly (big leap of faith here) that there are paramaters set at the factory that can't be changed by the end user but a board can be wiped to think it was fresh off the factory floor. I imagine they don't want someone for example buying the fax modem board and getting fax without paying for it.... Which is most annoying as I would have paid for fax if it was an option with the 35mm scanner meaning the factor isn't about money but rather what marketing desides is a good idea to sell. Which is rather why I or someone needs to translate this section.

If you must play, there is a section in the sub menus to do a test print of all your sssws. This should print out everything from your rear tray onto 7 pages.

See why i'm dragging my feet. It's raw tedius data entry / translation that requires me to use a dictionary and wrap my head around ideas like "what is a main board map".

Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:20 AM   #669

Yeah, I know about the endless piles of registers/soft-switches. Already printed them out. But if the manual only mentions 1 (#29 was it?) and it says bit 1, that leaves 4 things to try. The left most one, the second to left most one (incase the first is "number zero") and the right most 2 (incase bit 0 is on the right, which it probably is).

Easy. ...if it works...
Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:49 AM   #670

CPingN wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, I know about the endless piles of registers/soft-switches. Already printed them out. But if the manual only mentions 1 (#29 was it?) and it says bit 1, that leaves 4 things to try. The left most one, the second to left most one (incase the first is "number zero") and the right most 2 (incase bit 0 is on the right, which it probably is).

Easy. ...if it works...
The manual is 84 pages long. Kapitel 2 (chapter) is 25 pages which lists each of those sssws and their corisponding fuction. And i'm not even reading the full section on total factory reset. I can barely understand how to find things in the index.

The switch I spoke about permits you to run software on your pc to flash the rom, handly if you had the software to flash it, and the flash rom image to flash to it, neither of which I have any clue to find.