Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jun 23, 2005, 4:28 AM   #671

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
CPingN wrote:
Quote:
Anyone want to take a few screws loose and peep up at the underside of ... well it's not the printhead but whatever the printhead snaps into..?

C
Der machine is diggen by experten only. Is nicht fur geverken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseenen keepen das cotten picken hands in das pockets, so relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.

It's not a few screws issue. It would be part of the carrage assembly and technicaly I would think that it would be screwless, and likely directly under that silver thingie, but the deutch manual isn't clear about it's removal, or it's not in a part I can easily search. I know it speaks about the sensor in relation to CD-R/DVD Drucken... where was it.

ah yes [going with literal / logical translation]

Probleme mit CD-R Druck (nur MP 780) - Der CD-R Schlitten wird nicht erkannt.
Problem with CD-R Print/printing/printout (only mp 780) - The CD-R toboggan/sled/carriage becomes not identified recognized.

1) Den CD-R-Schlitten entfernen und erneut einsetzen.
The CD-R toboggan expel/remove and once more/again put in/use/use by cows

2) Die Verbindung zwischen Schlitteneinheit und SPCNTKarte
(J HD1, J HD2) prüfen.
The club/alignance/interconnection between/among the transfer cable and ?SPCNTKarte? (J HD1, J HD2) test/examine/assay/audit/verify/scrutinise.

3) Die Schlitteneinheit ersetzen.
The transfer cable replace

4) Die SPCNT-Karte ersetzen.
The ?SPCNT-Karte? (a jumper on the circuit board by the battery?) replace

There is also other stuff i'm not all that positive about like
Upgrade des Flash-ROM auf der SPCNT-Karte (something map?)

which would sugest a rom issue?

Das System in den Servicemode schalten und unter #1SSW, SW29 [Bit 1] auf „1" setzen,
um den Schreibschutz des Flash-ROM zu entfernen.

Which tells ya there is a bit protecting form flash rom upgrade, and which one it is. Handy.

I think SPCNT is a reference to the circuit board, SPCNT-Karte(map) refers to the memory... i.e. clear the rom. J HD1-HD2 refers to the ribbon cable between the circuit board and the carrage.

How about:

Probleme mit CD-R Druck (nur MP 780) - Der CD-R Schlitten wird nicht erkannt.
Problems with CD-R printing (only MP 780) - the CD-R tray is not recognized.

1) Den CD-R-Schlitten entfernen und erneut einsetzen.
Remove the CD-R-tray and try again

2) Die Verbindung zwischen Schlitteneinheit und SPCNTKarte
(J HD1, J HD2) prüfen.
Test the connection between sled (carriage) unit and SPCNT card (J HD1, J HD2).

J HD1 and J HD2 would more than likely be the connections on the pcb board (SPCNT)

3) Die Schlitteneinheit ersetzen.
Replace the sled (carriage) unit

4) Die SPCNT-Karte ersetzen.
Replace the SPCNT card

CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 5:04 AM   #672

Quote:
How about: Probleme mit CD-R Druck (nur MP 780) - Der CD-R Schlitten wird nicht erkannt. Problems with CD-R printing (only MP 780) - the CD-R tray is not recognized. 1) Den CD-R-Schlitten entfernen und erneut einsetzen. Remove the CD-R-tray and try again 2) Die Verbindung zwischen Schlitteneinheit und SPCNTKarte (J HD1, J HD2) prüfen. Test the connection between sled (carriage) unit and SPCNT card (J HD1, J HD2). J HD1 and J HD2 would more than likely be the connections on the pcb board (SPCNT) 3) Die Schlitteneinheit ersetzen. Replace the sled (carriage) unit 4) Die SPCNT-Karte ersetzen. Replace the SPCNT card
Thanks, but my point was trying to communicate the difficulity level dealing with a language I barely understand and even with babel fish not all words are translated or translated properly, and even with a dictionary one has to construct a pidgen english sentance, look at it upside down, then establish what it's talking about. Once the literal translation is done one can go back and improve the syntax. Besides I like "If your printer rejects CD-R toboggan feed it to the cows".

I'm pretty sure this SPNCT-Karte (SPNCT-map?) is refering to a jumper on the main board that clears its cmos. I can only imagine someone in Germany looking up jumper and getting überbrücker (guy who jumps off a bridge?).
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 2:07 PM   #673

Zakezuke,

Any chance you can make the manual available. It looks like the MP7xx interest is picking up now. The more people working on it the better.

I know what you mean about the online translators... Even your post on Druckerchannel.de doesn't translate back the way I'm sure you originally wrote it.
rjwaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 6:19 PM   #674

:idea:My mother and sister are german, so if anyone needs an accurate translation, please post the german here and I'll put the english in.
iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2005, 10:50 PM   #675

Jonbgood-

Could you post when you get your products for the dutch auction.

I don't want to miss it.

thanks
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 5:18 AM   #676

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AIT&rd=1

Todays auction
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:06 PM   #677

Yet another auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AIT&rd=1
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:12 PM   #678

Can we ask where the auctioneer is getting all of these trays from? And how? ( since I think they are the genuine ones).
iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:58 PM   #679

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
Can we ask where the auctioneer is getting all of these trays from? And how? ( since I think they are the genuine ones).
Ordering them from overseas sites listed on Canon's respective region's website. The problem is they either don't ship overseas, or won't accept credit cards, and the supply is limited to about 10 per customer. Some will do COD, but I'm not sure the limits of COD delivery in the EU. There was one deutch site that listed 90 euros to ship overseas, but didn't have any in stock. The skinny is you gotta know someone there to get them. I seem to remember Johnny saying he bought his from .nl. If there is a better way no one has said.

On a different note, I noticed recently on the Chousden tray there is a 4th reflector just below the CD lug. Took me forever to notice this until reading a newsgroup user with a problem printing to 80mm CDr cards. I'm suspecting it's purpose is to reflect when the head does the side to side scan looking for it, if seen no disc reject.

This is not likely to be an issue as anyone who took the time to make the tray are not likely to be silly and not put a disc in on it.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:45 PM   #680

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
Ordering them from overseas sites listed on Canon's respective region's website. The problem is they either don't ship overseas, or won't accept credit cards, and the supply is limited to about 10 per customer. Some will do COD, but I'm not sure the limits of COD delivery in the EU. There was one deutch site that listed 90 euros to ship overseas, but didn't have any in stock. The skinny is you gotta know someone there to get them. I seem to remember Johnny saying he bought his from .nl. If there is a better way no one has said.

On a different note, I noticed recently on the Chousden tray there is a 4th reflector just below the CD lug. Took me forever to notice this until reading a newsgroup user with a problem printing to 80mm CDr cards. I'm suspecting it's purpose is to reflect when the head does the side to side scan looking for it, if seen no disc reject.

This is not likely to be an issue as anyone who took the time to make the tray are not likely to be silly and not put a disc in on it.

The insert for printing smaller CDs has a square hole which is the same sizeas the other reflectors which exposes the reflector. I believe its purpose is to to detect which size CD you are printing on.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote