Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:01 PM   #741

So please excuse me for not having read every post, but has anyone confirmed this trick to work with a Pixma ip6000d?I got the plastic bit off of the front, and I think I correctly changed the destination setting using the service manual, but my OS X driver isn't showing any changes (it was already installed before I changed the destination setting).The service manual seemed to imply that you don't need a separate tray for cd-r printing on the 6000, but other sources suggest otherwise.Anyway, just wanted to chime in here since no-one seems to have mentioned my printer model at all?Info, anyone?Thx. Yonatron.
yonatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:11 PM   #742

yonatron, turn off your printer. Then go to"Printers and Faxes" and delete the Canon PIXMA 6000 printer. Now turn on the printer and reboot your computer. XP will see the printer and reinstall the drivers. This will show "printable disc" and "Tray B" in your printer's preferences.
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:23 PM   #743

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
yonatron, turn off your printer. Then go to"Printers and Faxes" and delete the Canon PIXMA 6000 printer. Now turn on the printer and reboot your computer. XP will see the printer and reinstall the drivers. This will show "printable disc" and "Tray B" in your printer's preferences.
yonatron wrote:
Quote:
But my OS X driver isn't showing any changes
yonatron is on a mac. Based on the feedback I got from a mac user printable tray was an option once the printer's destination was set to one which permits CD printing.
Quote:
TVUONGPHAM has a mac... this is what he said 2jun2005 Drivers:
1. 1st installation (non-US english drivers)
Once the dest. code was correct, CDR tray was immediately available
2. 2nd installation (US drivers) just tested.
Same results! no reboots os 10.4 and 10.3.9

More info at http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/5.html - ok just one paragraph .

Let me know what you find out... when I have some time i'll add that info. But needless to say I understand you lack of desire to read the entire thread, it's why two faqs were formed... KnightCrawler's (5 easy steps) and my own (whole thread compressed to 8 sections with links). Ok, will be 9 sections once I get more info on business card printing.

Might as well keep the link to the service manual here.
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/index.ph...hstring=iP6000

To test your printer... from service-mode it's [RESUME] 7 times {Orange} FOR CD-R test print.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 8:12 AM   #744

Hi Guys,
Does anyone know if the ip6000 uses the same CD tray as the ip3000, 4000 & 5000?
Blake

ps: I have the Service Manual (both parts) for the ip6000 but it does not have a parts breakdown.
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 8:14 AM   #745

Also,
How many here still need an OEM Canon tray?
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 9:34 AM   #746

I got it to work and without rebooting the computer, though not exactly sure what made it happen right this time. I had already deleted and re-added the printer (in the Printing and Faxing Preference Pane) once to no avail.I have it connected to an Airport Express base station, and I re-added it essentially according to digiguy's instructions: Turned printer off, ran Airport Admin to see that it wasn't listed, deleted from OS X printer list via Preference Pane, turned printer on, ran Airport Admin to see that it was recognized, added to list via Preference Pane, selected print from an application and saw CD media and tray as options.Again, this was with no rebooting of the computer and no reinstallation of the driver, which was from the US installation discs.Hope that helped some folk.Y.
yonatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 5:36 PM   #747

yonatron wrote:
Quote:
I got it to work and without rebooting the computer...Hope that helped some folk.Y.
I took the liberty of adding your info here http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/5.html.

Bugger... it's exceeded it's hourly hosting limit.... do review at a later time ifyou can't now.

Let me know if you have anything to add. I don't have a mac (worth speaking about) so i'm dependent on others for info. Near as i'm aware your the first i've seen using not only an ip6000... but an airport.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 6:00 PM   #748

wow this thread has really come a long way since i posted and subsequently gave up back when it began. i am glad some smart people here solved it! that's too cool.

is it still possible to get one of those oem trays?
fairuza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2005, 10:46 PM   #749

Depends on you if you can wait and spend around $30-50 for the OEM tray.

I made a plastic tray which works perfectly well. If you are ok not to print on 80 mm cd you can go ahead and do it yourself. It is hard to find a good plastic for reasonable price, but our "Amazing Savings" store sells decorative license plates for 50 cents.The size of these plastic plates are pretty lose to the tray. The only problem is their color. So, I pained them in flat black and it works. The thing keep in mind the tray should be no more than 2 mm Also, it is good thing tohave a central alignment support cut from the cd or dvd case to make cd better positioned during the print. Thiscentral support point will make life much easier when it comes to CD/dvd alignment. Otherwise, youhave to be very precize in cutting the round shape to match the cd/DVD disk.See my homemade plastic tray.

Attached Images

eugene3838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:41 AM   #750

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
Also,
How many here still need an OEM Canon tray?
Blake
Still looking for an OEM tray here, but so far the ebay prices are a bit high by my standards. My homemade version will continue to serve me unless/until they become more affordable.
mikehammer32 is offline   Reply With Quote