Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:55 AM   #751

HAPPY4T H EV E RY O NE !! !! ! :-)

Hi all... I still haven't been able to connect with my sister-in-law... been playing telephone-tag... getting a bit frustrated with the whole thing. I did NOT realize it would be this hard to actually 'touch base' with my own brother for cripes sakes! Sorry.... guess I'm feeling a bit left out - and this is not the place to talk about it so I won't!:shock:

Blake--

Anyhoo... I'M still interested in an OEMCanon tray but I cannot afford more than $30.00- and even that is stretching it for me right now (planning on buying my first home here- so money is VERY tight).

I'm going to attempt to make a tray outta a dvd case as soon as I get my ip3000- should get it sometime this week.... And I'm probably going to screw it up and will need help in the end! LOL

iSAPS--

Never heard of 'MicroCenter'... But I'll do a search and see what happens. Thanks!

Ok all, guess I'm outta here... Don't forget about the other topic I started on media, guys!

Have a happy holiday... and be safe everyone!

Later-Gator!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:57 AM   #752

Opps! Sorry for the large font guys!!! :shock:

Chow-
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 1:58 AM   #753

Jonbgood,*Did you ever manage to put the deal together?I'm interested as well if the same parts will fit an ip8500?Please let me know.
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 3:58 AM   #754

Silly question... has anyone ever ordered from escom.de?

They say, "Die Kosten für den Versand nach USA betragen 18,00 €" which is a to be expected shipping charge. They also have
http://www.escom.de/1060223.html
SP/CA CD-Rom Tray Assy ip3000

Artikel-Nr.: 1060223 Original-Nr.: QL2-0605-000 for € 3,87 without vat and € 4,49 with vat.

If this is true, and there are no other delivery expenses, and they accept creditcards, well wooo hooo... if not sorry for getting your hopes up.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 8:15 AM   #755

Finally made a tray that works. I followed digiguy's template and instructions. Thanks But I initially had problems as the tray was rejected. It turned out to be the reflectors. I placed black markings around the reflectors (made of aluminum foil), but the printer does not seem to detect them. What I did was to place masking tape around the reflectors and it worked. So I guess it's not the color around the reflectors that matters, it just has to be really nonreflective

I also use a Mac and confirm that no reinstallation of drivers is needed once the region is changed :-)
axlvedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:22 AM   #756

Yeah, I think it's all about reflectivity, not color. Don't the real trays have a beveled edge around the silver areas, such that regarless of color or shinniness, light would never bounce back up because it hits the plastic at an angle? Hmm..

So.. aside from cleaning up the instructions a hair here and there, I think we've done it. Well realy, a you've done it. I think in the end I just followed the advice of a few great souls in here who discovered the secrets. But whatever, it's still one of the coolest community "lets get this thing working!" experiences I've had online.

So now that cd printing works on the x000's and the MPxxx's, I'm down to one question:

Q: Is there a spray that would work well for priming non-printable discs? I've seen some talk of craft store sealer but wondering if anyone has experimented with serval things. I imagine the right paint-type primer would work, but also imagine it's a bit of a pain with drying time, wasted paint, uneven finish, etc. A fast drying craft spray, esp if it can be used as a primer AND a sealer, seems a better route. Any suggestions? Maybe we could add that to the end of the FAQs as some bonus information.

Thanks all!! If I have time I'll clear up the MPxxx instructions but as it is I should be working (yes, on the 4th)!

Happy 4th of July America! Or... happy Monday, rest of the world!
CPingN
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:23 AM   #757

damn double posts. you can edit them but not delete them?
grr

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:45 AM   #758

zakezuke,Were you able to verify the availability of the tray and did you check on whether they had the rest of the missing components available?I'm still wondering if these parts will work in my ip8500?TIA for any response.GeneL
Old Jul 4, 2005, 11:57 AM   #759

GeneL wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke,Were you able to verify the availability of the tray and did you check on whether they had the rest of the missing components available?I'm still wondering if these parts will work in my ip8500?TIA for any response.GeneL
I know nothing.... nothing other than in my random searching for information they had the trays. My deutsch is nitch gut and took me a long time to understand where to find "shipping rates". I was hoping that someone here already explored an option before I e-mail them. Everytime I corispond to anyone in Deutchland they tell me to sit in the corner and to be ashamed. Today... I can't seem to access the page... but I can access the graphics that were on it.

I was going to check with some friends today and see how hip they are talking to their friends/family in .HK and .JP.

I know nothing about the ip8500...

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2005, 12:10 PM   #760

Thanks for the link anyway.*I have a possibile contacts in both Germany and Hong Kong so I'll follow through on the info that has been posted and report any results.BTW since I only recently joined the forum (although I've read the discussions for a long time) I don't know how to get my posts to format properly.I write them with returns between lines but when they post the returns are gone.Can someone let me know how to fix this problem?