Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:01 AM   #761

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
Also,
How many here still need an OEM Canon tray?
Blake
Yes, I am still in need of Canon tray for my IP5000! please let know of any updates. Thanks much to everyone...:-)
tysupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:02 AM   #762

:roll: Anyone with any info regarding the Canon Tray? I have IP5000. Thanks
tysupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 11:34 AM   #763

Hey did anybody see my reply re: primers/sprays? It was the last one on the previous page I think. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on sprays which might make non-printable discs printable. I'm hoping there's something better than standard paint primer, which would take a while to dry and may be questionable use on CD's.

Thx.

CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:34 PM   #764

CPingN wrote:
Quote:
Hey did anybody see my reply re: primers/sprays? It was the last one on the previous page I think. Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on sprays which might make non-printable discs printable. I'm hoping there's something better than standard paint primer, which would take a while to dry and may be questionable use on CD's.
I saw it. I agree it's an interesting idea, never tried it though. Problem is your painting the data layer, and the chemistry might affect it... more so if you're using a self etching printer which contains phosphoric acid. it might be cooler to use something with a flex adheasive in it like they use on car bumpers followed by a straight primer layer, but the only way I know to do this is to mix it yourself.

Oddly enough using an epson printer I could get away with printing onto non-printables. The ink would bead up then dry after a week and be ledgeable, canon it would bead up and smear at the drop of a hat.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:39 PM   #765

Wow, after a WEEK? Yeah I figured canon's would dry too, but either way that's too long to be practical. Well I guess I'll poke around and post any results. or more likely just buy printables and forget about it. They seem to be more resistant to scratching and heat anyway (or does someone think otherwise?).

CPingN
CPingN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 3:46 PM   #766

mantis wrote:
Quote:
Jonbgood, can you please update us on the status of your shipment please?
My contact in the Netherlands received the parts Friday July 1st. They will ship them to me today or tomorrow, so I should have them some time next week. I will post the auction information here.

I have 10 sets of the 3 parts for sale, no special orders for the base unit or mini CD adapter only, but if you already have the tray, you won't have any problem selling the extra one, with prices on eBay skyrocketing close to $50.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 5:08 PM   #767

Hi Johnbgood,* Is there any way that you can check whether these parts will fit my 8500 as well.* If they do I want to be on your list for the complete setup. * *If not could you possibly get the parts I need as well?* Thanks,* *GeneL
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:56 PM   #768

CPingN wrote:
Quote:
Wow, after a WEEK? Yeah I figured canon's would dry too, but either way that's too long to be practical. Well I guess I'll poke around and post any results. or more likely just buy printables and forget about it. They seem to be more resistant to scratching and heat anyway (or does someone think otherwise?).
Perhaps I should be more clear. Using the epson r200 I'm able to print on non-printables and only run the risk of smearing if I touch it within a few hours after printing. After a few hours I can at least place the disc in the drive without the drops running outward, and actually the heat from the drive after a day cooks it enough so it's at least touchable *somewhat*, or leave it in the case for a week or so. I have about 50 or so CDs I printed in this way. I can remove the print with windex and a paper towel.

The Canon... and i'm being really fair here, in contrast creates huge sloppy mess that will run an hour, a day, or a week after printing. It's not a practical solution at all.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:52 PM   #769

GeneL wrote:
Quote:
Hi Johnbgood,* Is there any way that you can check whether these parts will fit my 8500 as well.* If they do I want to be on your list for the complete setup. * *If not could you possibly get the parts I need as well?* Thanks,* *GeneL
As far as I know these parts will work with all Pixma iP models except the 1500 and 2000.

There is no signup list, since I don't have enough parts for everyone, but I will offer all 10 sets at once on eBay in a multiple item or Dutch auction, so all buyers can get them at the same price.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2005, 9:13 PM   #770

CPingN wrote:
Quote:

Thx.

C- why don't you post this in the other topic too- I set up a topic just for media stuff.

Here's the link:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...333732#p333732

I'll be interested to know what pans out with this.

Kelley
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote