Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 6, 2005, 3:53 PM   #781

I'm interested in picking one up.
melster72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:35 PM   #782

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Jersey_Girl wrote:

Czynić nie zapytać mi około Polski. Mój Polerować dziadek umarł podczas ja bardzo młody. Ja czynić nie zapamiętać jego rozmawianie , tylko "Charlie Chan". Matka Człowieka uczony z książka. Ja używać książka. Ja jestem nie płynny po polski.

Heck... I don't even know when a ska becomes a sku. I just speak the one... There was this thing common among the immigrents esp the ones who were running away from their jobs as coal miners to ditch their language to make sure their children grew up speaking properly. The one room school house spoken by a native deal. Needless to say there is no one in my family in the current generation who was taught polish.

But anyways... my problem with the deutsch site isn't so much understanding what things cost and what shipping costs, it's the extra charges that tend pop up that you only learn about after you order something.. and not knowing the deutsch well enough to beable to spot their equilivent of "this is the extra shaft you charge".

LMBO! Charlie Chan??? LOL... You are too funny! :-)I only kno polish because of my ex-bf's mother. I mean, my grandfather taught me a little bit, but his parents died when he was very young- he basically raised his brothers and sister.... So he only remembered a little. But my ex-bf's mom, she grew up in poland (grew up with the nazi's and worked potato fields)- met his father who was in the service, got married and came back here with him to the states. But her family is still there... a little town not far from the russian border- can't remember the name of it right now.... still have the family farm- except now it has electric- or maybe it's running water- they have one but not the other, but I can't remember which for the life of me. English is still easier!! My great-grand father from my grandmothers side was german and her mother was irish.... my dad is irish.... so i'm basically irish/polish- with a bit of german. I loved the polish christmases tho and I miss it a lot. Too bad my ex turned out to be everything he wasn't supposed to be. Anyhoo....

So, Zake- what is your real name?? lol

ok- I gotta run for cat food.... but I'll be back later. Gee- I hope we didn't just piss people off by talking so far off subject. :shock:Sorry peeps!

Okie- chat later!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:47 PM   #783

eikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:52 PM   #784

zakezuke wrote
Quote:
After reading that the reflector locations were listed wrong in the diagram I decided to repaint mine on my Epson tray. I copy and pasted the ruler listed on the tray image and used that to measure the location. I read reflector 1 being at 5mm, 2 at 22.75mm, and the last one at 117.25mm where the measurement is center. I used white oil based spray paint on my moded epson tray and successfully printed my first time. I have yet to test to see how centered my images are but unlike my first attempts it's seeing my reflectors.

I'm thinking since white spray paint worked... I can print using sticky poster sign paper and make for one accurate template, still such time as the black ink runs off the plastic.

Enclosed are my measurements for the reflectors. I used the pre existing image at http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/a...t.php?id=24727 and modified it. I welcome any feedback as to their accuracy.

has anyone had luck with these mesurements? i am making an illiustrator template to eventualy be machened from styriene

---
forgive my spelling, i am a professional typesetter, but i cant spell worth %#^#

eikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:02 PM   #785

eikon wrote:
Quote:
has anyone had luck with these mesurements? i am making an illiustrator template to eventualy be machened from styriene

---
forgive my spelling, i am a professional typesetter, but i cant spell worth %#^#
http://s120101154.onlinehome.us/pixm...y_template.jpg
Look at this one (memo to self, don't post high dpi images to a message board)

Not sure who submited that

Anyhow, the measurements I took are ballpark, and because my tray isn't flat I got them a wee bit off... all I know is they are in the ballpark.

I'm not sure who submited the above tray, but it is a template based on a scan of a tray, so it's bound to be mroe accurate than I who scanned a ruller and took measurements.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:11 PM   #786

Hey Guys Just a quick update, everyone that has paid so far are definitely getting a set of the parts. Just be aware everyone else, these are going kinda quick so if you need a set email me at the above address ( canon_tray@charter.net)
And thanks for all the kind comments from everyone about me offering these to the Forum first, the Forum helped me find these in the first place, I'm happy to return the favor. I will not list any on eBay (assuming I have any left lol) until everyone here who wants a set gets one.
Regards,
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:17 PM   #787

Now that there are a few more of the real trays around, it would be nice if someone could post a flatbed scan of tray with a ruler (mm) next to it.

AlvinLee's photo is good but I come up with slightly different reflector measurements than the corrected version of the SuperClo drawing. The differences (<2mm) may be due to the shadowing and blurring of edges while zoomed. A good scan would eliminate the shadows.

I'm probably just being nit-picky since what we have works, but the most accurate measurements will provide the best final product.
rjwaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2005, 7:55 PM   #788

rjwaldren wrote:
Quote:
Now that there are a few more of the real trays around, it would be nice if someone could post a flatbed scan of tray with a ruler (mm) next to it.

AlvinLee's photo is good but I come up with slightly different reflector measurements than the corrected version of the SuperClo drawing. The differences (<2mm) may be due to the shadowing and blurring of edges while zoomed. A good scan would eliminate the shadows.

I'm probably just being nit-picky since what we have works, but the most accurate measurements will provide the best final product.
http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/3.html

I based my corrections on the AlvinLee's photo. SuperClo's drawing is wrong. I took the time to correct based on alvinlee's photo, and I know i'm so close... within 2mm left to right.

The digiguy diagram which was based on a tray scan, at 300cpi shows the following measurements

5mm, 23.5mm, 117mm
The measurements I took which where based on alvinlee's photo were
5mm, 22.75, 117.25

But hey... it's not like you need a physical CD. To test these measurements what I did was inverted the tray so the alignment marks were white and background was black leaving and empty space on the tray where the CD goes, and peformed the CDr test. I just used poster board, two pieces.

http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/7.html [alignment and cdr test]

Old Jul 6, 2005, 8:19 PM   #789

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
Hey Guys Just a quick update, everyone that has paid so far are definitely getting a set of the parts. Just be aware everyone else, these are going kinda quick so if you need a set email me at the above address ( canon_tray@charter.net)
And thanks for all the kind comments from everyone about me offering these to the Forum first, the Forum helped me find these in the first place, I'm happy to return the favor. I will not list any on eBay (assuming I have any left lol) until everyone here who wants a set gets one.
Regards,
Blake

Blake, LOL- disregard my last email- you answered it here. Again, Kudos to you! You are a dear! Thanks, thanks, and much thanks again!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 2:46 AM   #790

Quote:

LMBO! Charlie Chan??? LOL... You are too funny! :-)I only kno polish because of my ex-bf's mother. I mean, my grandfather taught me a little bit, but his parents died when he was very young- he basically raised his brothers and sister.... So he only remembered a little. But my ex-bf's mom, she grew up in poland (grew up with the nazi's and worked potato fields)- met his father who was in the service, got married and came back here with him to the states. But her family is still there... a little town not far from the russian border- can't remember the name of it right now.... still have the family farm- except now it has electric- or maybe it's running water- they have one but not the other, but I can't remember which for the life of me. English is still easier!! My great-grand father from my grandmothers side was german and her mother was irish.... my dad is irish.... so i'm basically irish/polish- with a bit of german. I loved the polish christmases tho and I miss it a lot. Too bad my ex turned out to be everything he wasn't supposed to be. Anyhoo....

So, Zake- what is your real name?? lol

ok- I gotta run for cat food.... but I'll be back later. Gee- I hope we didn't just oops people off by talking so far off subject. :shock:Sorry peeps!

Okie- chat later!
Hey... Charlie Chan was my first exposure to the real accent.

My grandfather came over long before the war.... caught fishing on king's grounds... i'm told he had a choice between death or america. First to Chicago for coal mining and off to the west for the fish. But as you might imagine I take the zuk* from my real name... first name is Matt.

I've seen the old 16mm from 1942 and looks remarkably American to me... lots of war toys and a how to learn Japanese book in the background. I can only imagine that were playing it safe after the Enterprise CV-6 was hit. But unfortunatly I never knew that side of the family as I moved to the east coast when I was 7. Very sad as they live the true american dream.. homestead... self reliance.. one room school house.. the classic deal. Not that they didn't have electricity, they had a generator just powerful enough to either run the clothes washer, or the TV, just not both at the same time.

My mother's side of the family is much more anglo-saxon... city dwellers old family been here since the american revolution. I could only imagine the culture shock.