Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 7, 2005, 4:43 PM   #801
IPA

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
From the photos I saw, it had wheels, and I suspect it's job is to push the tray downward so the tray gets pushed on the lower rollers. But aside from that useful feature it seems one can get away without it.
The purpose of the small wheels on the edges might be simply to keep the disk from touching the bottom of the slot cover when it gets ejected, so it doesn't smear the ink.

IPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 4:53 PM   #802

Quote:
I have a modified epson tray with an IP3000, and it works perfectly. I think the trick is to bevel the front edge enough that the rollers can grab it without slipping. I push it in until it touches the rollers, then press continue, and it pulls it in, prints it, and ejects it when it's done.

I also trimmed the bottom of the plastic insert over the slot and re-attached it, so it looks like it came that way from the factory. I'm also thinking of attaching some small spring-loaded wheels to the edges, even though they're not necessary...
my epson tray

You could be correct and beveling could be the key, though it doesn't exactly answer why it works just fine in a mp760 but not in an ip3000, or why if I put a little bit of pressure on it rolls right in otherwise it just hangs there and looks sillly.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 5:00 PM   #803

AHA! Then if you remove the piece that covers the slot the opening must be large enough not to cause a problem with the printed disk rubbing on the bottom edge of the face piece?┬* ┬* ┬*BTW┬*legalsmate┬*told me that he removed the small face plate by somehow pushing on the bottom edge from under the door that opens to show the inner compartment.┬* ┬*┬* ┬*Has anyone else found an easy and non-destructive method to remove the center piece? ┬* ┬*TIA,┬* ┬* ┬*GeneL
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 5:08 PM   #804

GeneL wrote:
Quote:
AHA! Then if you remove the piece that covers the slot the opening must be large enough not to cause a problem with the printed disk rubbing on the bottom edge of the face piece?
If you mean QM2-1241-000, I have it removed in both leaving an open slot on the printers front door.

http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/2.html

Old Jul 7, 2005, 5:42 PM   #805

Thanks for all the help!┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* I finally managed to remove the center piece so now I'm ready to get my tray from┬*legalsmate┬*and start printing CDs & DVDs.┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*I can hardly wait now.┬* ┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*Please┬*legalsmate┬*make it soon [img]/forums/images/emoticons/jumping-smiley-004.gif[/img]┬* ┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*GeneL┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬*┬*┬*
Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:00 PM   #806

I'm a bit confused when we say base unit. The parts manual shows QM2-1239-000 as the CDR TRAY BASE UNIT W/ CDR. As you can see in the picture item #15 is the whole pull down cover. So is this the same base unit everyone is talking about?
Attached Images

digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:30 PM   #807

It is my understanding that there is another piece (perhaps with rollers that put downward pressure on the CD tray as it moves in and out) that is part of the non-US models that accomodate CD printing.┬* ┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*It seems that the alternative part is designed with an opening to allow the insertion of the CD printing tray while in the US models the opening is totally blocked.┬* ┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*I hope that this assumption is correct.┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*┬* ┬*GeneL
Old Jul 7, 2005, 6:35 PM   #808

Zakzuke,

Thanks for checking that, it sounds like Digiguy's measurements are about what I was getting. Unfortunately it was posted about the time of my post so I hadn't seen it yet.
rjwaldren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:45 PM   #809

rjwaldren wrote:
Quote:
Zakzuke,

Thanks for checking that, it sounds like Digiguy's measurements are about what I was getting. Unfortunately it was posted about the time of my post so I hadn't seen it yet.
I think the digitguy tray is closer to reality than I am. My techniqe in the posted picture, which is actually very old btw, lol... were based on the alvinlee's scanned tray with the scanned ruler. I know mine are in the ballpark, just as I know they are a tad off.

5mm, 23.5mm, 117mm -> probally closer to reality

The measurements I took which where based on alvinlee's photo were
5mm, 22.75, 117.25 -> tested... it's close but not perfect.

Old Jul 7, 2005, 7:50 PM   #810

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
I'm a bit confused when we say base unit. The parts manual shows QM2-1239-000 as the CDR TRAY BASE UNIT W/ CDR. As you can see in the picture item #15 is the whole pull down cover. So is this the same base unit everyone is talking about?
I'm confused now as well

QM2-1241-000 is I believe the american piece that totally blocks tray inserting.
QM2-1239-000 is the piece that alllows tray inserting

It's my theory that the 1239 version has rollers on it which woulc help the tray sliding in and out... which I seem to be the only one having an issue, and only on the ip3000 not the mp760 printer.

I'm not sure what everyone else is talking about, lol... but I can assure you there is no way I can get a CD tray in my printer without first remving qm2-1241-00, which i colser to be a piece of plastic there and abouts of 13cm wide by about 1.5cm tall (or so).