Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 7, 2005, 8:08 PM   #811

I'm sure that zakezuke is right about the part, but it seems that if you remove the center faceplate that blocks the opening on the US models, you can print Cds without the non-US replacement. * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *It would be nice, though, to be able to get the part and have everything perfect[img]/forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 9:51 PM   #812

Hey guys,
At Gene's request, I am trying to get the additional part you guys are talking about.
But get this, my end supplier is a major Canon distributor in Europe and he has never stocked that part and has never even been asked for one. He also mentioned he could not order them unless it was for a couple of hundred items!
As I have stated before, the tray works perfectly on my IP4000, you line it up with the arrows on the drop-down section (if this section is, as some say, replaced with a door with rollers, why does Canon put the arrows there in the first place if you will need to replace that part to use the CD/DVD capability?) Anyway, when I line-up my tray with the arrows, I have absolutely NO Problem printing or ejecting CD's.
As far as removing the plastic barrier on American units, I saw one post that suggested using a screw driver wrapped in electrical tape to remove it. I thought this method too intrusive, so I simply opened my tray door about half-way and was able to slip my fingers underneath the door from the front and using my fingers, simply snapped the plastic piece out from behind. It is quite simple actually.
Regards,
Blake

ps I plan to end the Forum offer for tray sets @ $37 ea. in a day or so in order to begin listing on eBay, as you know the price will probably be pushed up dramatically at that time. So if you still want a set at the Forum price, you may want to order within the next day or so( email me at canon_tray@charter.net to order). I do still have sets available from the initial order but they are going quickly.
Thanks again,

legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:05 PM   #813

That was my suggestion and it worked pretty easy for me but there are many ways to remove the plastic piece.

It took about a second and didn't evencause ascratch on the plastic at all.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 10:51 PM   #814

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey... Charlie Chan was my first exposure to the real accent.

My grandfather came over long before the war.... caught fishing on king's grounds... i'm told he had a choice between death or america. First to Chicago for coal mining and off to the west for the fish. But as you might imagine I take the zuk* from my real name... first name is Matt.

I've seen the old 16mm from 1942 and looks remarkably American to me... lots of war toys and a how to learn Japanese book in the background. I can only imagine that were playing it safe after the Enterprise CV-6 was hit. But unfortunatly I never knew that side of the family as I moved to the east coast when I was 7. Very sad as they live the true american dream.. homestead... self reliance.. one room school house.. the classic deal. Not that they didn't have electricity, they had a generator just powerful enough to either run the clothes washer, or the TV, just not both at the same time.

My mother's side of the family is much more anglo-saxon... city dwellers old family been here since the american revolution. I could only imagine the culture shock.
LOL.... I used to watch Charlie Chan all the time! What ever happened to those?? They should put them back on! I loved watching that. Cripes! I havn't thought about Charlie Chan in ages! LOL

King's grounds, huh? Naughty, naughty.... Tsk, tsk.... LOL

Wow! Yup, that's my idea of the american dream... Clothes washer or TV huh? LOL

Hey, you ever hear of the SCA?? I don't know if you'd be into it or not, but as we seem a bit alike in certain areas... It's pretty cool- I like it anyhow... It's a LOT of fun and a lot of really great people. Society for Creative Anacronism (sp)? Do a search on it and tell me what you think. I'm interested in your thoughts.

My great, great, great grandparents from my mom's mother's side came over from Ireland and I've been able to research them back to 1860 so far. Am trying to reasearch back to ireland as we know we did have family still over there- don't know if anyones left now, but us irish- well you kno! LOL... there should be someone left! After I've gone as far as I can with that side, I'm switching over to my grandfather's side and hope to research back to poland. From what I understand from my ex's mother, Rapczynski is a very good name- important or something or other, over in poland. Anyhow, she was impressed- me, I still haven't a clue! On my irish side, it seems that we may have a family bloodline that goes back to cheiftains. Both would be interesting to track all the way back. Both sides were farmers. My grandfather had the greenest thumb ever! Guess that's where I get it from. rather have open land with my nearest neighbor about 5 miles away! LOL

Anyhoo.... I better stop before someone shoots me! We are so far off topic it ain't funny!

Have a few more posts to post before bed so I better get on with it....

chat later!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:08 PM   #815

Hi all....

I got my ip3000 today!!!!! Woooohooooo! LOL haven't set it up yet tho...

Also, I found a place that sells blank media at REALLY reasonable prices. I just bought a 10 pk of 8x ritek +r's- white printable for $6.25 and a 10 pk of 8x prodisc white hub printable for $5.25. They also have verbatim white hub printable- 50 pk for $32.99. Best of all-they guarantee ALL blank media- if it doesn't work for you or if you aren't happy for ANY reason- they refund your money. The address is:

http://www.genesysdtp.com/

Tax only for CT customers and shipping is VERY reasonable. I just placed my order today- but I'll let everyone know how it all goes. they also have cases (all kinds) really reasonable too. I ordered a 10 pk of of dbl dvd full size for $4.25. Which I think is good for a smaller size pk. You can also get double layer printables- and I like this- I can order only 1 if I want- just to try it out, before buying bulk. Bulk prices are even better. They do have 'sample' pks, but you only get between 4 and 6 disks and they run 4.99 and are NON-RETURNABLE. So, for the extra- what- .25- to 1.25 I went for the 10 pks that ARE returnable. Anyhoo- I think these guys are pretty good- but time will tell. I have put in for FREE sample disks from a few places but haven't gotten anything yet.... When I do I'll be sure to post the sites and info.

Now, I need to copy this over to the other topic! Whew!

Okie- later all!

Chow!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:31 PM   #816
IPA

Here is a picture of my blocking cover after I trimmed around 5mm off of the bottom. It looks a lot nicer than just the holes, and it hasn't smeared any ink yet.

Attached Images

IPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:42 PM   #817

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
I'm confused now as well

QM2-1241-000 is I believe the american piece that totally blocks tray inserting.
QM2-1239-000 is the piece that alllows tray inserting

It's my theory that the 1239 version has rollers on it which woulc help the tray sliding in and out... which I seem to be the only one having an issue, and only on the ip3000 not the mp760 printer.
For those who missed my original announcement, by next week I should have about 10 sets for sale of the following parts:

- QL2-0605-000* *CDR Tray assembly
- QA4-1117-000* *8 cm CD-R adapter (CD Sub assembly)
- QM2-1239-000* CDR tray base unit

The base unit and mini-CD adapter are relatively inexpensive compared to the tray, and since most of the cost goes into shipping and handling, adding them in didn't make a big difference in price. From what I've read here, the 1239 base unit may help moving and aligning the tray, or at least cover up the holes you get after removing the insert from the 1241 version.

Although they sell the 1239 base unit as one piece, it appears that the only difference is the insert, so you could just pop out the part that covers the slot for the tray in the 1241 part and replace it by the one from the 1239 part, which is a much simpler operation than replacing the whole base unit.

I'm not sure about the top rollers, I think there are just guides to push the tray against the bottom rollers, but when I get the parts I will report my experience with and without the 1239 base unit. The whole set should sell for around $30, so even if you already have the tray, you could buy the whole kit and make a profit selling your extra tray on eBay.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2005, 11:52 PM   #818

IPA,* * *How exactly did you trim your centerpiece?
Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:19 AM   #819
IPA

GeneL wrote:
Quote:
IPA, How exactly did you trim your centerpiece?
X-acto blade, wire cutters, and sandpaper. You just need to trim the front part until it is equal to the squared-off back side. When you're done, it should sit flat on a table top.

IPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:24 AM   #820

I think I'd be afraid to try it.