Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 8, 2005, 5:52 PM   #821

Nice job IPA, I may try that on mine also.
Even if I destroy the plastic piece, I've lost nothing
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 6:09 PM   #822

Thanks IPA!
Took me about six minutes with a boxcutter, a pair of electrical cutters and a couple of swipes with sandpaper.
Works like a charm..and looks much better also!
Thanks again!
Blake
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:38 AM   #823

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
I had a feeling that many people already knew about the company that gets the UK models and ships to customers in the US. The issue is that the US models have the CD/DVD printing function disabled in the firmware of the US models (I work for Canon and this was verified by a tech friend of mine). Also, in my own tests, my father has an ip3000 and so I installed the cd-label print software on his machine, also went in, deleted the US driver, installed the print driver from the UK and rebooted - only to find out the error message still comes up that says, "compatible printer for cd/dvd printing not found". I called Canon tech support in the UK to ask them about this and they also verified that the cd/dvd printing function is disabled in the firmware on the US models. Support was also nice enough to send me out another cd-tray for my troubles (so now I have two). If anyone wants the cd-label print software, I'll post it on my ftp site, anyone is welcome to download it. This was I have a genuine Canon ip5000 (UK version), and all the free support that comes with it. I know everyone can't afford the extra money, but it's nice to be able to get the real deal.

iSAPS---

I'd like to download cd-label print.... Can you post the address??

Thanks much!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:46 AM   #824

Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
iSAPS---

I'd like to download cd-label print.... Can you post the address??

Thanks much!

http://pixma.cjb.net

scroll down and it's there and the PDF help file.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:58 PM   #825

Do you still have trays available? I sent you an e-mail on Thurs but I haven't heard back. Shipping to Ontario Canada.

Thanks for making these available, I've been reading for a while and I think I am ready to take the jump and give it a try.
c2cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:18 PM   #826

c2cola wrote:
Quote:
Do you still have trays available? I sent you an e-mail on Thurs but I haven't heard back. Shipping to Ontario Canada.

Thanks for making these available, I've been reading for a while and I think I am ready to take the jump and give it a try.

This forum is being abused. This is suppose to be adiscussion placenot a marketplace.

c2cola, et al., have you tried ebay?

Steve's rules: "Please do NOT post any FOR SALE, ITEM WANTED, or commercial advertisements on our forums - thanks."

geog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 5:49 PM   #827

Have you seen the price on ebay, usually over $50US. I think a service is being done here by offering the members first shot at the trays for a fair price.

Just my opinion.
c2cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2005, 8:10 PM   #828

geog wrote:
Quote:
This forum is being abused. This is suppose to be adiscussion placenot a marketplace.

c2cola, et al., have you tried ebay?

Steve's rules: "Please do NOT post any FOR SALE, ITEM WANTED, or commercial advertisements on our forums - thanks."
I'm all for rules... however this isn't some random commercial joker nor some someone selling anything unsolicited. This is people taking the time to hunt down a hard to find part per the request of the users and is for the most part limited to this thread. I think it would be rude to post on this forum an unsolicited advert that I had a printer for sale, but think it's within the spirit of the rules to respond to a solicited request for an odd ball part, esp one which you can't buy.

If you object... feel free to take it up with the moderators.
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 6:50 AM   #829

well said zake..............
paiger651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 11:53 AM   #830

If anyone thinks I am abusing this Forum, just know this: As everyone here knows, if you look on eBay for these items, yes, occasionally you can find them but I have yet to see one sell for much less than around $50USD.
I could have listed on eBay initially and probably made much more $ than offering them here first. I am sure no one will disagree with that. The difficulty in obtaining these parts was pointed out to, I believe it was Gene, when we spoke on the telephone and for me to gain access to these parts it took: the collaboration of THREE International friends, TWO International Banks and A large European CANON distributor who made me promise NEVER to divuldge the source of my shipment in fear of his company losing their license with Canon. So this endeavour was NOT taken lightly simply to make a few dollars.

The ONLY reason I offer them here first at a lower price than you can ever get on eBay is because early-on I posted how much I appreciated the collective effort we all put forth to solve a common problem. And I mentioned then I was trying to work a deal to purchase and have shipped to the US, a quantity of these trays and I promised the Forum that if I was successful, I would offer them here first BEFORE I went to eBay simply as a Thank-you to all those who put so much effort in finding a solution to our problem.
I NEVER meant to bend any rules or ignor any regulations of this site.
As soon as I feel everyone that wants a set of tray and inserts gets a set (I have from the start, offered to Forum members only), I will discontinue the canon_tray@charter.net email and sell exclusively on eBay. As it looks, I may go ahead and move up the end date for Forum offers to Mid-Day Monday July, 11, 2005. (tomorrow, as of this post)
If I have offended ANYONE in this Forum I offer my sincerest apologies.
I was (and am) simply standing by my word to the Forum.
Regards,
Blake

ps to all who have ordered a set: I will be emailing Tracking info immediately upon shipment. I will continue to post any updates here but if it is anything more serious than a simple update, I will contact everyone personally via email.
Thanks