Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 10, 2005, 2:20 PM   #831

It bothers me that some people cannot separate the intent of "selling" something on the forum from what I felt was a genuine offer of assistance to those of us who have "stood on our heads" to find a Canon CD printing tray.* * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *I certainly appreciate the fact that legalsmate made his offer here on the forum and those of us who will be getting our trays and printing our CD and DVDs, thanks to his efforts, I'm sure would collectively like to say to geog...** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ****no, geog, I'll just leave it to your imagination what we would say[img]/forums/images/emoticons/sport-smiley-005.gif[/img]
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 7:04 PM   #832

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
If anyone thinks I am abusing this Forum, just know this: As everyone here knows, if you look on eBay for these items, yes, occasionally you can find them but I have yet to see one sell for much less than around $50USD.
I could have listed on eBay initially and probably made much more $ than offering them here first. I am sure no one will disagree with that. The difficulty in obtaining these parts was pointed out to, I believe it was Gene, when we spoke on the telephone and for me to gain access to these parts it took: the collaboration of THREE International friends, TWO International Banks and A large European CANON distributor who made me promise NEVER to divuldge the source of my shipment in fear of his company losing their license with Canon. So this endeavour was NOT taken lightly simply to make a few dollars.

The ONLY reason I offer them here first at a lower price than you can ever get on eBay is because early-on I posted how much I appreciated the collective effort we all put forth to solve a common problem. And I mentioned then I was trying to work a deal to purchase and have shipped to the US, a quantity of these trays and I promised the Forum that if I was successful, I would offer them here first BEFORE I went to eBay simply as a Thank-you to all those who put so much effort in finding a solution to our problem.
I NEVER meant to bend any rules or ignor any regulations of this site.
As soon as I feel everyone that wants a set of tray and inserts gets a set (I have from the start, offered to Forum members only), I will discontinue the canon_tray@charter.net email and sell exclusively on eBay. As it looks, I may go ahead and move up the end date for Forum offers to Mid-Day Monday July, 11, 2005. (tomorrow, as of this post)
If I have offended ANYONE in this Forum I offer my sincerest apologies.
I was (and am) simply standing by my word to the Forum.
Regards,
Blake

ps to all who have ordered a set: I will be emailing Tracking info immediately upon shipment. I will continue to post any updates here but if it is anything more serious than a simple update, I will contact everyone personally via email.
Thanks

If you hadn't stated you were offering them here first, I would believe you were being sincere. But since I know you spammed the offer to at least two other forums, I do question your sincerity. Your messages at the other forums:

Hi all,
Just wanted to inform you I have finally been able to get access to a supplier of genuine Canon Trays and inserts for Mini-CD/DVD's for most of Canon's PIXMA series printers(IP3000,4000,5000 etc) and am offering the for sale to forum readers who need one. Please check the thread here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/....40&page=40
My user ID there is legalsmate and all the specifics are at the very top of
page 40 in that thread. There are also some good links on enabling your US printer for CD/DVD direct printing. And these (at least my IP4000) things produce some awesome discs on printable disc media. I'll never use stick-on labels again!
If you need a set of these, email me at canon_tray@charter.net or check the
link for all the details, Just remember, I had to jump through quite a few hoops getting these parts and they are going quickly.
Thanks,
Blake

and several at Anandtech

Hey guys,
As most of you know, Canon PIXMA Printers have the capability to print directly to printable CD/DVD's (I have an IP4000 and mine prints nearly perfect discs)
This capability is disabled in the American versions but not in the European models.
A few of us got together and discovered a simple way to enable CD/DVD printing on these printers. The two parts you need (the cd Tray and the insert for printing mini-cd/dvd's are not sold in the US.
Well, me and some of the people from a similar Forum have found a way to not only enable CD/DVD printing but also One of us has worked with some European contacts and are selling the parts needed to print cd/dvd's.
The full descriptions on how to enable your Canons and the links to the software as well as how to get the parts can be found here: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...40&page=40
If you would like info on ordering the Tray and Insert, email me at canon_tray@charter.net and I'll be glad to set you up.
Finally, after much research and hours of contacting friends in Europe we have finally made this a reality.
Please email me at the above address if you care for a set of parts and links to instructions on turning on this function in US versions.
Regards,
Blake
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 8:44 PM   #833

canonfodder, I am trying to see what's the problem with what he did. I am very happy he offered to sell them to us at a low fixed price, without the hassle of ebay. I don't care what he saidin other forums.
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 10:07 PM   #834

Cannonfodder,
Did you happen to notice on both of those forums, I pointed people HERE?
I stand behind what I said. During a Google search, I noticed their conversations were mirroring our own, I offered to help by pointing them here to see what we had finally accomplished. And yes, I offered to provide the parts to them but also prompted them to join this site in order to buy.
My loyalty has always been to this site first.
Geeze...
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2005, 11:34 PM   #835

Hi all,
Does anyone have a source for printable media (CD's & DVD's) where the printing surface goes all the way to the center hole?
The ones I have found stop at the 'Hub' , about 45mm or so in diameter. I think the center hole of CD's & DVD's is around 22mm in diameter.
Thanks,
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:11 AM   #836

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,
Does anyone have a source for printable media (CD's & DVD's) where the printing surface goes all the way to the center hole?
The ones I have found stop at the 'Hub' , about 45mm or so in diameter. I think the center hole of CD's & DVD's is around 22mm in diameter.
Thanks,
Blake
Blake, Jersey girl was nice enough to start a new thread on the subject of media... Canon Pixma & DVD Printable Media I'll reply there as well. This thread is huge.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:34 AM   #837

geog wrote:
Quote:
c2cola wrote:
Quote:
Do you still have trays available? I sent you an e-mail on Thurs but I haven't heard back. Shipping to Ontario Canada.

Thanks for making these available, I've been reading for a while and I think I am ready to take the jump and give it a try.

This forum is being abused. This is suppose to be adiscussion placenot a marketplace.

c2cola, et al., have you tried ebay?

Steve's rules: "Please do NOT post any FOR SALE, ITEM WANTED, or commercial advertisements on our forums - thanks."

Excuse me..... I'd like to know- did you join just to post that really rude remark?? And, don't you have anything better to do with your time than to troll forums and their rules in order to post something that is not very constuctive to the specific topic?

If anyone in this topic is out of oline then it is you 'geog' and NOT Blake.

I mean, is that all you have to contribute?? I rest my case.
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:45 AM   #838

Blake---

Do NOT let one bad apple spoil it for everyone. You have been wonderful and I personally cannot find anything wrong with what you are doing. Obviously more members are happy and grateful than not. So don't go listening to the few that are seemingly in a bad mood. I don't mean to step on anyones toes- especially cannon's, but you have gone above and beyond the call of duty to help out your fellow members and I have to say I'm a bit upset at the idea of anyone coming down on you. Always look and listento the masses- and I believe the masses here are saying "kudo's" to Blake.

Keep your chin up and keep smiling- most of us are smiling because of you and your help.

With support and friendship,

Kelley

Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:46 AM   #839

KnightCrawler wrote:
Quote:
Jersey_Girl wrote:
Quote:
iSAPS---

I'd like to download cd-label print.... Can you post the address??

Thanks much!
Quote:

http://pixma.cjb.net

scroll down and it's there and the PDF help file.

Knight-

Thank you! Am downloading it right now!
Old Jul 11, 2005, 1:49 AM   #840

GeneL wrote:
Quote:
It bothers me that some people cannot separate the intent of "selling" something on the forum from what I felt was a genuine offer of assistance to those of us who have "stood on our heads" to find a Canon CD printing tray. I certainly appreciate the fact that legalsmate made his offer here on the forum and those of us who will be getting our trays and printing our CD and DVDs, thanks to his efforts, I'm sure would collectively like to say to geog... no, geog, I'll just leave it to your imagination what we would say[img]/forums/images/emoticons/sport-smiley-005.gif[/img]
Gene--

LMAOCSL!!!!! Thanks for making me smile and giving me a good laugh! LOL

Heads-up!