Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:15 AM   #841

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
Hi all,
Does anyone have a source for printable media (CD's & DVD's) where the printing surface goes all the way to the center hole?
The ones I have found stop at the 'Hub' , about 45mm or so in diameter. I think the center hole of CD's & DVD's is around 22mm in diameter.
Thanks,
Blake

Blake--

Zake and I both posted replies under the other topic.

Go here:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...jump_to=340432

Hope that helps!

later!

Kelley
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:02 AM   #842

:shock:There aren't many, probably about 20 in the whole country. But they are cool stores. Did you find them on the web and see if what the closest one may be?
iSAPS Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:28 AM   #843

Hello,

will gladly pay $30 for this Canon tray kit!!

Best Regards,

sattch
sattch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 7:34 AM   #844

Zake, Kelley thanks for the info in the other forum! Can't believe I missed that area completely...
Exactly what I am looking for!
Much appreciated,
Blake

ps Quick update: spoke with my supplier in Europe this am (pm already over there though) Everything is on schedule.
also Thanks for the kind comments guys

legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 8:14 AM   #845

sattch wrote:
Quote:

Hello,

will gladly pay $30 for this Canon tray kit!!

Best Regards,

sattch

Damn that's what I paid for my printer, I'd rather buy a cheap epson tray and convert it to a canon tray.
KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:25 PM   #846

Just to make 100% sure, and after reading pretty much every post in this forum..

I already have the Canon Tray (bought from Ebay), my IP4000 will be here tomorrow.

Do the region hack (or go by the guide in this forum and follow all steps) and that is all that I should have to do or need to print CD's right?

What about this roller piece, do some of the Pixma's work without having to push the tray in, or is this what this piece is used for? I mean is the roller piece absolutely necessary for it to print CDs?

I already use a R300, but saw this forum and decided to give Canon a chance....

Thanks for help, and I apologize if this has been answered multiple times..

mach
mach460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 2:42 PM   #847

mach460 wrote:
Quote:
Just to make 100% sure, and after reading pretty much every post in this forum..

I already have the Canon Tray (bought from Ebay), my IP4000 will be here tomorrow.

Do the region hack (or go by the guide in this forum and follow all steps) and that is all that I should have to do or need to print CD's right?

What about this roller piece, do some of the Pixma's work without having to push the tray in, or is this what this piece is used for? I mean is the roller piece absolutely necessary for it to print CDs?

mach

With the real Canon Tray you should just line up the arrows and then hit the resume button. It shouldpull the tray in itself.

KnightCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 3:06 PM   #848

mach460 wrote:
Quote:

By all means give the canon a chance. Technicaly I prefered the epson r200 esp when it came to printing white text on a black background, and the lack of tweeking required to print on different media but I can at least disassemble the canon to replace the diaper if need be, and the ease of refilling made it a nice option.

But to answer your question all you need is the region hack and cd printing software. The epson cd printing software I found printed so far to the left it was beyond the adjustment option. Both pixma sites have links to the software. http://pixma.cjb.net/ {5 easy steps} and http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/ {big arse faq with links to specific pages on this thread.}.

The roller piece is absolutely unnecessary. On one printer I must push it in manualy, on another it sucks the tray in without problem, but others don't share my experence with manual pushing being required. I also had the same issue on my old epson.

zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 5:26 PM   #849

Hi,

I have the ip4000, and when I received it I went ahead and did the region hack before installing the printer, from there everything went wonderfully, my cd rom choices showed up in the print setup and the registry entry was already there.

Thanks to everyone in the forum for helping make this happen, Especially kudos to LEGALSMATE for all of the effort he has put into helping the rest of us.
Elijah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:01 PM   #850

jonbgood wrote:
Quote:
For those who missed my original announcement, by next week I should have about 10 sets for sale of the following parts:

- QL2-0605-000 CDR Tray assembly
- QA4-1117-000 8 cm CD-R adapter (CD Sub assembly)
- QM2-1239-000 CDR tray base unit

The base unit and mini-CD adapter are relatively inexpensive compared to the tray, and since most of the cost goes into shipping and handling, adding them in didn't make a big difference in price. From what I've read here, the 1239 base unit may help moving and aligning the tray, or at least cover up the holes you get after removing the insert from the 1241 version.

Although they sell the 1239 base unit as one piece, it appears that the only difference is the insert, so you could just pop out the part that covers the slot for the tray in the 1241 part and replace it by the one from the 1239 part, which is a much simpler operation than replacing the whole base unit.

I'm not sure about the top rollers, I think there are just guides to push the tray against the bottom rollers, but when I get the parts I will report my experience with and without the 1239 base unit. The whole set should sell for around $30, so even if you already have the tray, you could buy the whole kit and make a profit selling your extra tray on eBay.
have tried the cardboard way... but not reallya great success for me

pls let me know if one set is still available ... very nice thing to have ordered the roller tray, haven't found any setincluding this part.

jonbgood...i'm in for your $30 deal.

sattch is offline   Reply With Quote