Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 11, 2005, 6:37 PM   #851

jonbgood,

I definitely want a set for $30. That's better than leagalmate and ebay. Will you be selling them here? Please reply as I don't want to miss this!

Thanks!
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:21 PM   #852

I would also like a set tray and roller assy.

Thanks and let me know when and where to send payment
smokey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:49 PM   #853

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
jonbgood,

I definitely want a set for $30. That's better than leagalmate and ebay. Will you be selling them here? Please reply as I don't want to miss this!

Thanks!
See next post
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2005, 10:50 PM   #854

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
jonbgood,

Thanks!
He stated in an earlier post that theses sets are going to be on Ebay in a "Dutch Auction" sale, not direct on the forum. And no one knows what the final winning price for the 10 winners will be. Could be $30 or less oralot more.
soundforbjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 2:14 AM   #855

iSAPS Guy wrote:
Quote:
:shock:There aren't many, probably about 20 in the whole country. But they are cool stores. Did you find them on the web and see if what the closest one may be?

Yup. Found their website. Thanks iSAPS. You can order right from the site, but right now I don't really see too many choices on printables. But I bookmarked it and will check back often.

Cheers!
Jersey_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 3:00 PM   #856

Got my IP4000 today...

You guys made it very easy to get CDR printing enabled! Thanks for the hard work, after a few prints, I think the Canon seems to do a better job then my R300. Works beautifully with the original Canon tray!

Thanks again for your dedication and hard work..

mach
mach460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 6:45 PM   #857

Guys, two quick questions:

1) Does removing the shroud plastic have any effect on regular printing?

2) Can the tray be thicker than 2mm? Using the following method, mine would end up just under 3mm.

I plan to make mine out of half of a cnap case like this:

http://store.yahoo.com/edgewisemedia/cdcshelcas.html

It is shallow enough so that the top of half of the case is flush with the CD it holds. I'm going to glue it to a piece of card stock with the template glued on that. This should make a great tray, and i won't have to cut a perfect circle.
cmp1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:42 PM   #858

cmp1223, removing the trim has no effect on regular printing. 2mm is optimal but I think one of my cardboards is just over 2mm and it worked okay. Once or twice you could hear the CD scrape the plastic but it didn't seem to hurt anything. Though I'm glad I bought an OEM tray so I don't have to worry about stuff like that. I wouldn't want to damage my printer or anything.

I'll be waiting to see what you come up with, it sounds interesting. BTW, welcome aboard.
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 7:50 PM   #859

Thanks digiguy. I just bought a IBM T43 and a Canon IP3000. Canon has a $70 rebate when you buy an IP3000 and any laptop. So, since newegg sells it for $65, i got it free! I wouldn't do alot of CD printing, but I think glueing the slim (half) cd case right to the template on a piece of thin cardboard would be optimal, i wouldn't even have to measure.
cmp1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:30 PM   #860

cmp1223 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks digiguy. I just bought a IBM T43 and a Canon IP3000. Canon has a $70 rebate when you buy an IP3000 and any laptop. So, since newegg sells it for $65, i got it free! I wouldn't do alot of CD printing, but I think glueing the slim (half) cd case right to the template on a piece of thin cardboard would be optimal, i wouldn't even have to measure.
according to an anonymous source
Code:
-Outside  				thickness-.100 in. = 2.54 mm
-Inside thickness-.045 in. =  				1.143mm
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote