Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 13, 2005, 11:24 PM   #861

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
jonbgood,
I definitely want a set for $30. That's better than leagalmate and ebay. Will you be selling them here? Please reply as I don't want to miss this!
Sorry for the long wait, I finally got the parts today. See eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6785468525 - title: CD DVD Print Tray Kit Canon PIXMA iP3000 iP4000 iP5000. Starting price is $24.99. As I mentioned earlier, this is a multiple item listing for 10 sets, so everyone will pay the same price as the lowest successful bidder.

The base unit cover itself is identical to the one on the US models, but instead of the insert that closes the CD tray opening, this one has a slot with 2 spring loaded rollers that push the tray against the bottom rollers. This is definitely an improvement over leaving the slot open, since the printer now moves the tray completely in and out by itself, and it also looks exactly like the original CDR version, without the ugly holes.

I'm shippping the complete base unit, but I strongly recommend to just replace the insert. It snaps easily in place after removing the original part that covers the hole. It appears that replacing the entire inner cover would require some major dissasembly with a good chance to break something, but if someone figures it out, please post.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 7:29 AM   #862

Legalsmate, what's the update on the order?
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:00 AM   #863

Quote:
Sorry for the long wait, I finally got the parts today. See eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6785468525 - title: CD DVD Print Tray Kit Canon PIXMA iP3000 iP4000 iP5000. Starting price is $24.99. As I mentioned earlier, this is a multiple item listing for 10 sets, so everyone will pay the same price as the lowest successful bidder.

Hi

I placed a bid, does this means that until the bids reach 10 you close them and we get our items?

Thanks!
bmht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 11:10 AM   #864

bmht wrote:
Quote:
Hi

I placed a bid, does this means that until the bids reach 10 you close them and we get our items?

Thanks!
Take a look here http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/buyer-multiple.html to see how a multiple items auction works.

Folks please bid on 1 set per person to give more people a chance to get one. I only have 10 for sale now, but I may be able to pick up a few more when I'm in Europe in September. -- Thanks
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 12:59 PM   #865

Heheh how dumb of me

Thanks for answering . I think I'm going to make mine with cardboard, if I win the bid then will buy too. Thanks for sharing it here on the forum.

:-)
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:11 PM   #866

Sorry Mantis,
Didn't see your post til now.
Everything is still on target.
Unless something changes, I plan to begin shipping no later than this weekend,
depends on UPS at the moment.
If anything unexpected arises, I will let you guys know right away.
Regards,
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2005, 8:43 PM   #867

legalsmate wrote:
Quote:
Sorry Mantis,
Didn't see your post til now.
Everything is still on target.
Unless something changes, I plan to begin shipping no later than this weekend,
depends on UPS at the moment.
If anything unexpected arises, I will let you guys know right away.
Regards,
Blake
no problem Blake, and thx for the update. that's great, I am looking forward to use the tray.
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 8:35 AM   #868

Blake,

Just so I know, what state are you going to be shipping from?
alphonse55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 10:41 AM   #869

Help!

I did the firmware hack to my Pixma IP5000. it became IP5100, and later I had the IP5000 (Ltr) in magenta. So it's supposed to print dvd's.

I took out the cover and made my own tray, also modified the registry and the cd print options appears on my pixma software, but still I get the close inner cover msg., when I try to print. It may be possible it's my home made tray? or there is also something I'm missing here?

I bough an original dvd tray on ebay today, since it seems I'm not that good at cutting, tryed it twice already.

What else I'm missing?

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2005, 3:23 PM   #870

alphonse55 wrote:
Quote:
Blake,

Just so I know, what state are you going to be shipping from?

I will be shipping from Greenville SC, 29605 and since they appear to be getting here rather sluggishly, I will be shipping to everyone (Except Canada) Priority Delivery, which is 1-2 Day shipping for most areas.
Regards,
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote