Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:34 PM   #871

jonbgood, sure wished you made it a 3 day auction. This way it'stoo long and drawn out and the anxiety is mounting. already at 40 bucks they could go to 100$ in 5 more days. Looks like you'll get rich! :lol:
digiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 4:40 PM   #872

bmht wrote:
Quote:
Help!

I did the firmware hack to my Pixma IP5000. it became IP5100, and later I had the IP5000 (Ltr) in magenta. So it's supposed to print dvd's.

I took out the cover and made my own tray, also modified the registry and the cd print options appears on my pixma software, but still I get the close inner cover msg., when I try to print. It may be possible it's my home made tray? or there is also something I'm missing here?

I bough an original dvd tray on ebay today, since it seems I'm not that good at cutting, tryed it twice already.

What else I'm missing?

Thanks!

You might try uninstalling the printer driver, and then reinstalling it.
CanonFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:35 PM   #873

As I predicted it looks like the jonbgood auction is going to be good for only one person: Jonbgood.

Way to make some serious money. These things are never going to be close to your predicted $30 mark.

If you were really interested in finding a fair way to distribute your 10 sets to the users of this board you would have at least started by making it a 3 day auction.

I don't really care that you wanted to make money instead of helping those on the board. That is your right but at least come straight from the get go.

I will be watching to see how this ends. Maybe I will be proved wrong but so far it is leaning in favor of my original predictions. We will know more in 5 days.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:40 PM   #874

digiguy wrote:
Quote:
jonbgood, sure wished you made it a 3 day auction. This way it's*too long and drawn out and the anxiety is mounting. already at 40 bucks they could go to 100$ in 5 more days. Looks like you'll get rich! :lol:
Actually there's not much profit in this, since I had to pay for shipping twice, first inside Europe, and then to the US, plus the cost of the parts and 19% VAT.

I'm planning to meet with the distributer when I'm in Europe in September to see if there's an easier, cheaper, and quicker way to get the parts here. If I can get enough for everyone the price should come down.

Making it shorter is a good suggestion, although I wonder if that would make a big difference. It looks like most buyers found the auction through this forum and placed a bid right away.
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:51 PM   #875

I hope that is the case. But it is sure looking like you are going to make some real money on this one.:-)

Like I said before, this is the first dutch auction I have ever been involved in so I don't really know how it will turn out.

Eventually we all will figure out the best way to beat this shortage problem.

Talk to you in 5 days when the results are in.
weapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 5:56 PM   #876

I've already purchased the tray from Blake but I bid on your item as well because I would like to get the front piece with the rollers. * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *Jonbgood, is there a way I can just buy one directly from you?*
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 6:59 PM   #877

GeneL wrote:
Quote:
I've already purchased the tray from Blake but I bid on your item as well because I would like to get the front piece with the rollers. * ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** *Jonbgood, is there a way I can just buy one directly from you?*
All I have for sale right now are the 10 on the auction. I've seen the tray by itself sell on eBay for as much as $50, so if you get the whole set just sell your extra tray.

If more people are interested I will try to order some extra base units with the rollers next time, since those are even harder to get than the trays. How much would you want to pay for only the front piece with the rollers?
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2005, 7:26 PM   #878

CanonFodder wrote:

You might try uninstalling the printer driver, and then reinstalling it.

I take the time first to thank you. You have been a great contribution to this.

Also it seems all my computer needed was a reboot.

I throwed away my trays and now I'm not receiving the msg. Oh well I can wait 10 more days for the tray to arrive here and try again. Not in the mood for cut again.

Will let you know

Thanks!
bmht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:51 PM   #879

Hello all. I am fairly new to the board. I have been watching closely. I also bought a tray from Blake. You don't need wheels! I made a tray out of cardboard and it works fine and it doesn't have roller skates on it. I made it out of two pieces of poster paper. I wanted a real try just because that is how I am. Besides my home made one will wear out and the plastic one that is made for the pixma 4000 wont. It's nice being here, this is my first comments to a board.

Ej
intrudingcares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2005, 3:19 PM   #880

Jonbgood,I hate to say this but I'm disapointed in the way you originally presented getting a set from you and then not restricting the auction so that the price didn't rise as high as it has.You seemed to have said you would make sure that those of us from the forum would get a set at a reasonable cost but it now doesn't appear that way.If you just were interested in making a "big" profit (and you claimed that you weren't) putting the inormation on the forum was not the way to have sold them.As far as what I would pay for the center part, I'm sure I couldn't afford your price whatever you decide to '"sell" it for.
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote