Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Jul 22, 2005, 1:11 AM   #921
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6
Default

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
: I could repost the images but that would be a waste of space :P

the ones I listed on my faq are adquate.
Thanks for the reply your photos are ok and clearly show the arrows on the tray but what do they align with there are no corresponding marks on my printer - or am I being dumb as I suddenly clued in as I typed this - do theside arrows indicatehow far to push in the tray before it gets grabbed by the printerand does the front arrow marely indicate the direction to push the tray and not thealignment -so what tells youwhere to position the tray left to right in the front opening and what stops it from skewing and holds it in position whilst the print head does its stuff

I have a connection in the trade and I'm hopingto obtain a full set of parts direct from the mftr but I have some difficulty visualizing how the disk printing is carried out

You Guys have done a great job in getting thisthing up and running

I'm certain that the Canadian litature stated somewhere in a list of features that the ip 5000 printer printed direct on the disks. If so the Consumer Laws hereare tough on false adverts. Another problem is that one has to read the adverts very carefully to find out that the 5000 is a USB port only printer.There is some confusion in the litriture here as to what versions of Windows it can run on


bajet86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 2:19 AM   #922
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 46
Default

bajet86 wrote:
Quote:
zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
: I could repost the images but that would be a waste of space :P

the ones I listed on my faq are adquate.
Thanks for the reply your photos are ok and clearly show the arrows on the tray but what do they align with there are no corresponding marks on my printer - or am I being dumb as I suddenly clued in as I typed this - do theside arrows indicatehow far to push in the tray before it gets grabbed by the printerand does the front arrow marely indicate the direction to push the tray and not thealignment -so what tells youwhere to position the tray left to right in the front opening and what stops it from skewing and holds it in position whilst the print head does its stuff

I have a connection in the trade and I'm hopingto obtain a full set of parts direct from the mftr but I have some difficulty visualizing how the disk printing is carried out

You Guys have done a great job in getting thisthing up and running

I'm certain that the Canadian litature stated somewhere in a list of features that the ip 5000 printer printed direct on the disks. If so the Consumer Laws hereare tough on false adverts. Another problem is that one has to read the adverts very carefully to find out that the 5000 is a USB port only printer.There is some confusion in the litriture here as to what versions of Windows it can run on


I have a real tray, and I just noticed the side arrows after reading your message I just put the tray in as far as I can and press the resume botton and it prints right every time. Much easier then my r200.
quebert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 2:27 AM   #923
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 735
Default

bajet86 wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for the reply your photos are ok and clearly show the arrows on the tray but what do they align with there are no corresponding marks on my printer
<snip>
I'm certain that the Canadian litature stated somewhere in a list of features that the ip 5000 printer printed direct on the disks. If so the Consumer Laws hereare tough on false adverts. Another problem is that one has to read the adverts very carefully to find out that the 5000 is a USB port only printer.There is some confusion in the litriture here as to what versions of Windows it can run on
There are arrows on my ip3000, they are located tward the edge of the pull down door close to the user. They are there but are the same color as the printer. Unless you are looking down at a right angle they are indeed hard to spot, esp since there is a wall of plastic about 7mm high blocking their view while you are seated.

I'm not sure about the Canadian litature...... I have noted that some websites published details regarding these printers... but so far as i'm aware these websites are just retailers not associated with canon. I imagine if you wanted to take the time to go to small claims court you might have a legit case of false advertsing... but to be honest I wouldn't bother esp since I understand the confusion. It's best to keep in mind that the marketing bozos that are writing copy without knowing the product are not going to have any clue what regions allow CD printing as there is no list i'm aware on the canon sites nor literature. I can forgive the idiots for that and I know better... but I can imagine someone getting angry off at a feature being missing clearly advertised in magazines and websites.




zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 5:27 AM   #924
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 38
Default

Hi all,
Just a quick update. So far, my supplier has yet to ship the order to me.
When I asked him to please expedite an order that was promised to me on the 12th( I called Europe again this morning 7/22/05 5:30am),
he says he is checking on it and will do what he can to speed things up.
If anyonewould rather receive a refund instead of waiting a bit longer, please feel free to contact me and I will issue a full refund immediately.
I sincerely apologize for the delay, I was promised delivery by the 12th and that is what I went with. The Trays ARE coming, it just may be a bit longer than expected.
Thanks to everyone for your patience, I will keep you updated as I am made aware of any.
Regards,
Blake
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 7:32 AM   #925
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 19
Default

liberty2020 wrote:
Quote:
Need a tray quick? Get FREE Priority Mail and FREE media:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6787602802

hello, what do you mean by "Tray B" on your ebay auction?
mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 8:52 AM   #926
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Default

Hey Blake. This forum has been great. Keep me on your list. While I've been waiting, I've been tinkering with my MP780 in anticipation of being able to print on CD's and I've run into a differentproblem.

My desk top (Windows Home XP, Celeron 2.2, Motherboard DFI NB78-BL) comes with a 1.1 USB port. I discovered that if I scanned with the MP780 plugged into my laptop with a 2.0 USB, it's twice as fast ... sooo I set out to add a 2.0 card with front ports to my desk top. It uses ALi software (V1.59B) to drive it, and after trying all kinds of installation routines, the best it does is start to scan and then freezes up -- the worst is that it causes a fatal error and reboots the computer as soon as I plug in the cable to the printer (or turn on the power if it's already plugged in).

After searching Canon's tech site, I found a note that this printer probably won't work with added on high speed USB cards. I emailed them to see if they had come up with a fix, they replied "No" and referred me to ALi ... who haven't replied yet.

Has anybody run into this with Canon's printers? Is there a fix, or a driver that works? I'd hate to think I have to buy a desktop with "factory installed" 2.0 USB just to get this printer to work as it's supposed to.

Thanks, - Lew
Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 9:26 AM   #927
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Default

mantis wrote:
Quote:
hello, what do you mean by "Tray B" on your ebay auction?
Hi,B is printed on the tray.If "CD-R tray B" is listedunder "Page Size" in your Pixma printing preferences then that's the tray you need.
Attached Images
 
liberty2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:24 AM   #928
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 9
Default

liberty2020 wrote:
Quote:
mantis wrote:
Quote:
hello, what do you mean by "Tray B" on your ebay auction?
Quote:
Hi,B is printed on the tray.If "CD-R tray B" is listedunder "Page Size" in your Pixma printing preferences then that's the tray you need.


I hope I haven't made it sound confusing. Tray B is the oneeverybody in this thread needs.



5 more available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6787717614



liberty2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 11:56 AM   #929
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 52
Default

24 hour auction
starting price .99
qty available 7

Will ship immediately!
;-)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6787707315
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 2:22 PM   #930
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 14
Default

Ahh, nevermind!

On the MP780 add on USB 2.0 card problem:

After deleting the driver that came with the USB 2.0 card, I discovered that I had a corrupt Microsoft driver. After replacing and using that generic driver, I happened to use a shorter cable (6' instead of 10' -- both listed as 2.0 cables) ... IT WORKS!! Just to isolate the problem, I tried the 10' cable again ... nothing. Soit's definitely a cable problem as well as a driver problem.

Later, - Lew


Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:56 AM.