Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 22, 2005, 6:50 PM   #931

I ended the dutch auction. I think it would be better to just go to canoncdtray.com
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 9:44 PM   #932

zakezuke wrote:
Quote:
There are arrows on my ip3000, they are located tward the edge of the pull down door close to the user. They are there but are the same color as the printer. Unless you are looking down at a right angle they are indeed hard to spot, esp since there is a wall of plastic about 7mm high blocking their view while you are seated.

After performing incredible feats of yoga like postures including hanging from the ceiling whilst consuming one40oz Canadian Club to no avail I wised upand armed with a blo---y great flashlight in one hand and magnifying glass in touther -the CC had to go! - I Tried again and......LO there was one 4mmarrow head barely discernible located on the inside of front door just to the left of the left door hinge and after more maneuvering it's twin on the right of the rightside hinge

note these are on the bottom edge of the open door away from the user
bajet86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:37 PM   #933

5 more available:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6787837313

Thisis the last of theSPECIAL promotion!
liberty2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 3:39 PM   #934

bajet86 wrote:
Quote:
After performing incredible feats of yoga......LO there was one 4mm¬*arrow head barely discernible located on the inside of front door just to the left of the left door hinge and after more maneuvering it's twin on the right of the rightside hinge

note these are on the bottom edge of the open door away from the user
Those arows have nothing to do with CD printing. The one to align the arrow on the tray with is located on the inner cover to the right of the tray. See page 5 of the CD-R printing guide which can be downloaded here:
http://s120101154.onlinehome.us/pixma/Files/CDR_ENG.pdf
jonbgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2005, 8:40 PM   #935

10 more available Dutch auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6788031389
Old Jul 24, 2005, 4:46 AM   #936

OK, I received my CD tray and "tray kit" but now I'm faced with a dilemma.¬* I presumed that the "tray kit with the rollers" would be a piece that would simply snap in place of the center piece that had blocked where the tray is inserted. Instead it is a whole front piece with the Canon logo on it and it replaces the "flap" that is still in place. That's my problem. I don't know how to remove it and replace it with the new part. I need help! Has anyone done this and if so, how? BTW I have an ip8500. TIA for your suggestions
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 8:58 AM   #937

GET a Tray by friday!
3 day auction ... starts 99 cents
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6788078730

TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 9:39 AM   #938

Best shipping & handling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6788031389
Old Jul 24, 2005, 12:20 PM   #939

www.canoncdtray.com

I have 2 available now, 32 coming in on Tuesday and 68 coming in on Friday. Set price of $35 dollars, I accept all CC cards and Paypal. Shipping is free. Yes I will have 100 trays as of next Friday. Currently 2 on hand so if you need it now. I ship Priority mail.
Chousden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:06 PM   #940

PLEASE HELP!

I finally realized that I had to remove the new center part with the rollers from the "cd tray kit" and use it to replace the original center piece that I had removed previously.

When it was snapped into place I found that the rollers wouldn't raise to allow the insertion of the tray but since they had moved before I feel they will probably be raised in the CD printing process.

NOW FOR THE PROBLEM:

I went through the described process to reset the printer but after I got to where it printed out the "simple diagnostic" I got the "ip8500 (LTR)" and the "CDR SENSOR=OK" printed in what looks like magenta not red.

Then when I tried printing the full diagnostic it didn't look exactly like the samples and it was all black text.

I next tried following the rest of the instructions but nothing else showed up.

I'm stuck at this point so I'd appreciate some input as to what to do next.

TIA,

GeneL
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote