Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:37 PM   #961

Jonbgood,

PLEASE HELP ME!

I already posted a very positive feedback for you and following your previous instructions about setting up the tray I got that part done successfully.

I do see that when I push the RESUME button while I have the tray inserted it does pull it into the printer BUT…

I still can't get past the Page Settings dialog (see previous post for description).

I'm at the end of my rope since I have everything I need to print on disks but I'm stuck at this point and I don't know where else to go for help

If anyone knows a solution please let me know.

TIA,

GeneL
GeneL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:57 PM   #962

Again, I don't believe you have your destination code set correctly.
Try to re-set the destination code. I had a similar problem. I fixed it by reseting the destination code.

GeneL wrote:
Quote:
Jonbgood,

PLEASE HELP ME!

I already posted a very positive feedback for you and following your previous instructions about setting up the tray I got that part done successfully.

I do see that when I push the RESUME button while I have the tray inserted it does pull it into the printer BUT…

I still can't get past the Page Settings dialog (see previous post for description).

I'm at the end of my rope since I have everything I need to print on disks but I'm stuck at this point and I don't know where else to go for help

If anyone knows a solution please let me know.

TIA,

GeneL
TVUONGPHAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 7:12 PM   #963

TVUONGPHAM wrote:
Quote:
Again, I don't believe you have your destination code set correctly.
Try to re-set the destination code. I had a similar problem. I fixed it by reseting the destination code.
While you are setting the destination code, you might want to test with an aligment. If the printer actually prints onto CD/DVD media then I believe it's correctly set.

http://users.cjb.net/pixma-faq/7.html

This procedure is covered on page 7 of my faq.

http://pixma-faq.cjb.net/
zakezuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:06 AM   #964

Hi All,
Just a quick update.
Spoke with my European supplier and he promised shipment by the 2nd.
I will keep everyone informed as updated info is available.
Thanks to all for your patience but my offer still stands, if the delay is
a bit too long for anyone, just say the word and I'll immediately send full refund.
Email me at: canon_tray@charter.net to get a refund or to place an order.
Regards,
Blake

ps Guys, I apologize for the delay and am on the phone every morning
trying to light a fire under my supplier's a$$. Thanks
legalsmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:26 AM   #965

zakezuke

Thanks for the alignment pics I didn't know about that part.

Do you have any detailed instructions on how to correct mis-alignment?the page says to click on block below the image but I don't see it.

Thanks
damnlimey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:03 AM   #966

Hello, Thanks for all your hard work. This is some very useful info. I made a trayfrom an Epson tray and the first day I was expermenting I printed about 5 or 6 labels it worked fine. The next day Iinserted the tray it would spit the tray out everytime I tried to print.Does anybody know what is happening?
Lns654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:50 AM   #967

Lns, which printer are you using? I converted the Epson tray for my MP780 and it did all kinds of random things rejecting the trayuntil I changed the country from UK to Hong Kong ... I don't know if that was a fix or going back into service mode on the printer did something, but it works fine now. (I also discovered thatmy MP780 will only turn power off at the end of the install sequence after pushing "stop/reset" first)

My software (CD Printer downloaded from this forum) says to wait until told to insert the tray or it may reject the tray, but only on the first run after booting up. Maybe yours did fine after install, but you have to wait a few seconds on print after rebooting?

Later, - Lew
Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 11:07 AM   #968

The IP4000 Is the printer that I am Using. I bought the Epson R200 Just to print CD's and after using alot of ink and the print heads clogging up . I was ready to throw it in the Trash. I own the Canon S900 and no Complaints so I bought the Canon IP4000 and am very happy with both of them. I used white squares for alignment marks. Everybody is using shiny foil for thier marks. Maybe this is what it is?
Lns654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:10 PM   #969

Get a genuine tray at a smart price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6789052270

liberty2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2005, 12:24 PM   #970

Lns, I too used the shiny adhesive for the sensor spots. But since you had success at first, I doubt that's your problem. I copied the picture (the accurateone -- I'd attach it here but don't know how, I'd email it to you but your address is private)of the diagram of the Canon tray then used Adobe photo delux to adjust the size of the printout so that the disk image exactly lined up with a real disk -- to create an exact template for cutting the tray and installing the reflectors.
Brainfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote