Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 13, 2004, 9:07 PM   #1
guv

I just purchased the Epson R200, and I could not be happier. I was stuck between the Canon i960 and this one. I made the right choice! The pictures are beyond what I expected. Running Mac OSX, set up was painless, easier than I thought I might have to go through. This printer is sooo under rated. I have already tried different papers that will not work on the Canon printer without a degree in quantum physics. Have a look, you won't be dissapointed. And no, I do not work for Epson!
guv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 14, 2004, 3:16 AM   #2

I agree, this is a very nice printer!!!

Though, if the Canon iP4000R has cd/dvd printing capabilities ... I'd switch.

but cd/dvd printing is SOOOO necessary after you've had it
badtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2004, 4:17 PM   #3

I'm interested in getting a R200, R300, R320, or R300M forits CD/DVD printing capability.From whatI've heard, the print on CD/DVD will not be waterproof. Is that true? Can you pleasetest it, and let me know? I don't want to buy one, then return it. :?

Thanks in advance!
mfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:58 AM   #4

No,the print is not waterproof,but you do have to rub a bit to get it to smear,however I am using a continious ink feed system from JLW sales so it may be their ink,they also do a pigment ink system,this MAY be waterproof,there are sprays available to waterproof CDs but I dont like the idea much,I try not to put too much coffee on them.
fperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:15 PM   #5

i'm currently owning an Epson Stylus P900. it can print CDs too and if im not mistaken it's the first one to be able to print on CDs.

however i'm thinking of replacing it with something else, like a R300 or a RX500.
i dont need the CD printing feature so much. however, i'm interested in RX500's capability of doing so many works like scanning, especially film scanning because i work with films as much as i work with digital.
The other thing that bothers me is the printing quality of it. Can RX500 prints be as nice as R300?
TeddyLoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 12:20 PM   #6

"No,the print is not waterproof,but you do have to rub a bit to get it to smear,however I am using a continious ink feed system from JLW sales so it may be their ink,they also do a pigment ink system,this MAY be waterproof,there are sprays available to waterproof CDs but I dont like the idea much,I try not to put too much coffee on them."

I just purchased the JLW Pigment based continous feed ink system how do you like your Dye based system so far? How are the free color profile matches? Do you still need to click Yes in an extra box before each print due to fact these are non OEM carttidges?

EPSON R200/R210/R300 Pigment Ink Continuous bulk system

delta4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 5:16 PM   #7

Would it be possible to replace the R200 dye inks sets with the R800 pigment sets? Size different or Electrical different?

The mod seems very expensive 165+30= 195 and the cost of a R200. Why wouldn't you just get the R800 since it works and also has the glossier for glossy paper?
Jobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2004, 11:44 PM   #8
dkw

RE: Water and smudge problems with inkjet printed CDs.

You can get spray fixatives made for inkjet printed CDs and DVDs that will make the printed CD surface water-resistant and smudge proof. A Google search should turn up a few brands. These fixatives are often also good for standard photos and inkjet printed photos, but the solvents in any fixative product that is NOT explicitly recommended for CDs may cause delamination problems and will have to tested on some sacrificial media.

If the product is water-based, very thin light coats must be applied to prevent bleeding of the ink.

Of course, the CD must be thoroughly dry before applying the fixative. A 24 hour wait should be sufficient in a warm, dry environment.
dkw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2004, 4:34 AM   #9

TeddyLoves wrote:
Quote:
i'm currently owning an Epson Stylus P900. it can print CDs too and if im not mistaken it's the first one to be able to print on CDs.

however i'm thinking of replacing it with something else, like a R300 or a RX500.
i dont need the CD printing feature so much. however, i'm interested in RX500's capability of doing so many works like scanning, especially film scanning because i work with films as much as i work with digital.
The other thing that bothers me is the printing quality of it. Can RX500 prints be as nice as R300?

They use the exact same print head... straight from my Epson buddies mouth.
Rustmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2005, 12:37 PM   #10

I have both the 300M and the RX500 .. the use the same inks, heads and drivers, so I would asume they would be identical in prints. So far I can't see any difference in quality.
el-diablo666 is offline   Reply With Quote