Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Printers > Photo Inkjet

Old Oct 22, 2004, 8:30 PM   #1

Read up on everything in forum and went down to grab a printer so I could print some pics from my digital camera. Have had a HP 722c for at least 5 years for text printing never replacing even a cartridge on it with no probs. Goofing around printed out a pic on it did ok but now I had to have a printer that could do a nice job of course. Went down to get a i960 or new ip5000 or even ip4000 after doing some reading. Looking at them I couldn't bring myself to buy either the ip's were so ugly looking and the i960 looked wimpy and just didn't do anything for me. Came across the Epson r300, now that is a nice looking printer that looks solid and is well laid out. Problems was I didn't read up on it since the 960 and such is mentioned alot. Bought it set it up very quickly and printed a picture crossing my fingers waiting for the result. While I was waiting noticed this is one quiet printer which sounds extremely smooth in operating. Grabbed the picture straight out and couldn't help but smile and think good decision. Took a few to work and all agreed what a nice job it did and how you really couldn't tell it was printed. I am not even close to an expert just wanted a solid quiet printer that did a nice job. Reading alot of reviews after the fact along with my own opinion I think this printer has a lot going for it. Bonus after doing some research is the printer cartridges and paper are some of the most affordable out there. In my opinion if you looking take a peek at this unit it's wider than most but very well made.
regards :|
Average is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 30, 2004, 10:32 PM   #2

Read the review from Tom's hardware so feel good about my decision, think the r200 is the best value if it prints similiar since I saw it on sale for 99 dollars Canadian.
Old Nov 4, 2004, 4:22 PM   #3

I'm interested in getting a R200, R300, R320, or R300M forits CD/DVD printing capability.From whatI've heard, the print on CD/DVD will not be waterproof. Is that true? Can you pleasetest it, and let me know? I don't want to buy one, then return it. :?

Thanks in advance!
mfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 4:38 AM   #4

mfan wrote:
Quote:
I'm interested in getting a R200, R300, R320, or R300M forits CD/DVD printing capability.From whatI've heard, the print on CD/DVD will not be waterproof. Is that true? Can you pleasetest it, and let me know? I don't want to buy one, then return it. :?

Thanks in advance!

I can tell you from my experience that they are NOT waterproof for sure.

While printer shopping with my wife, we saw an example of the cd printing displayed with the Epsons at a local computer megastore and we both thought how nice it looked. I told her that I doubted it would hold up to much abuse or water and wet my finger and just touched it gently and the colors instantly bled all over the place and smeared - yuck!Since we live in a super humid climate already, that made me stick to labels for our cds...

Although I felt a little bad for ruining the display cd they had at the store, I noticed this week when I walked by the same display that they now had the (new) printed cd sealed inside a nice plastic page protector so no one else can try the "lick" test again! :G

Eric

birdpix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 3:50 PM   #5

That's too bad! It's a shame they can't figure out how to make the print more lasting...
mfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2004, 9:58 PM   #6

Not sure but thought I read somewhere it depended on which brand you used of media. Some were poor while others worked well maybe do a search found out while doing research.